Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I love the fact that we have options. Seeing more EV options is what I want more of. When the number of cars and trucks I have to choose from is increasing we are making progress towards EVs becoming the standard.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
As was once said "And now for the rest of the story" or at least an update...

I feel like I need to go to a TA meeting now (Teslas Anon). "My name is PilotPete, and I'm addicted to Teslas..."

The Porsche is getting some miles on it, and it has a "millennial anti-theft device", or previously known as a manual transmission. My new contract has me driving a far amount farther, and through some nasty commute traffic. In the first two weeks, I've burned almost all my Hertz points and a couple dollars and I've been driving a M3LR back and forth. The difference in Los Angeles rush hour traffic in how I feel about the drive is shockingly different. I don't have TACC on the Porsche, or Autopilot. But using those judiciously in the M3 is fun. Again, as @Coolbreeze704 mentioned, I'm all about the Cyber. I've mentioned I was considering a M3 or MS as a holdover until my nowhere near first day CT reservation comes up. I'm thinking late 2025, but only if a large percentage of people get $100 refunds. More like somewhere between 2026 and 2028!

So I pulled the trigger last night. I ordered the new M3LR as my stopgap car. Black with the white interior. The new M3 has so many new toys features I just can't justify the price jump to the MS now. I'll consider an upgrade to the Performance/Ludicris whenever that one comes out. But for now, I've been assimilated. And I'm pretty darn happy about it.
If Tesla had the need to do more, I think that a "Lease a Vehicle until your Cybertruck was here" would be a pretty decent seller. I'm guessing that you may have jumped at it.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
If Tesla had the need to do more, I think that a "Lease a Vehicle until your Cybertruck was here" would be a pretty decent seller. I'm guessing that you may have jumped at it.
I might have. But I have an 18 year old HS Senior that is planning on taking it when I'm done. Or I'll sell it, or trade it in (which will be kinda like your idea).

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I love the fact that we have options. Seeing more EV options is what I want more of. When the number of cars and trucks I have to choose from is increasing we are making progress towards EVs becoming the standard.
More EV options are better than fewer EV options. But I think what will make EV's become the standard is low pricing and rising production volumes. Tesla leads the way in offering more for less. Great pricing for great products is the primary path to ubiquitous EVs.

Cybertruck is a great product and prices will fall as production ramps.

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Received my Powershare survey today. Placed my CT ordered late on the ninth and survey came in late evening on the 12th.

Approved! So excited about this setup. I have had 3 multi day outages in the last 12 months and had to run multiple power cords of my Lightning to keep the basics going.

Thankful I had that ability but this changes everything.

Will be installing a power wall also to have additional backup when I have to take the CT to work or charge.

So thankful this was part of the FS purchase.

George Costanza

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid, Rivian R1S
Occupation
Latex Salesman, Vandelay Industries
This will die quickly and be buried just like a positive news story on the 6 o Clock news but I will start it anyway.

IMO FSD will be here soon and if you have not experienced it you hopefully will soon. I am amazed by how far it has come and can tell it is right there. It will change everything about transport in the next 5 years.

No, it hasn't. No it won't.

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
@Coolbreeze704 You sir, have to be one of nicest people Iā€™ve ever had the pleasure of encountering on a message board. Kudos to you.

Thanks for this thread and good on ya!
Thanks for saying that. Lots of wonderful, amazing people in this world and in this forum.

I have been sucked into the negative side of many forum in the past.

I think I have learned enjoying a forum comes from learning humility.

I used to get hurt if my view wasn't accepted and would become defensive.

I learned a lot from trying to make my marriage survive. I stopped trying to change her and learned to see where I could grow from our differences.

It has worked so well I try to use it at work and I my relationships with others.

Honestly though, deep inside I am a sarcastic @ss and you will see me expose it now and then.

Mostly when newbs show up knowing everything and attacking longtime respected members.

OP
OP
Coolbreeze704

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
No, it hasn't. No it won't.

I love Monty Python Flying Circus. That is a classic skit. Love it. Even though you are in the wrong office/thread for an argument. It is down the hall.

Ezman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S & 2023 Y
Occupation
Military
Country flag
On a positive noteā€¦..I donā€™t really care for all the technical he/she say crapā€¦I just want the truck because it looks cool and itā€™s a Tesla. Iā€™d rather give my money to the top innovator versus some scrub company like Ford. I have Starlink for the same reason.

ColdRolledSS

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Love the thread! Iā€™m a ways down the list, so have time to save up some cash, and really looking forward to the real world user feedback and all the improvements the engineers will undoubtedly make based on that feedback. I will be living vicariously through owner reports here in the meantime!

Cheers!

Jethro

First Name
Jethro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (on order)
Occupation
consultant
Country flag
I wake up everyday and remember that my Beast will arrive in a few weeksā€¦I almost dont need Coffee!

I drift off at night with visions of a Cybercamper or Cyberboat or driving on the Moon in 1/10th G. Just imagine!
Sponsored