This is Copcon. My Cybertruck revervation..... Help....help

Cyber277

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Everyone has really points to make. We should also consider shipments. For example. Say someone in Florida has reservation #1 and a person in California has reservation #2. They will not just send 1 truck to each locations. They will send 10 or 30+ trucks. So with that said. If 30 trucks ship to Florida. The 30 people that have a res # ranging from 1 through 700k. Should get there truck most likely before someone with a lower res # in a different state. Provided that they ship those 30 trucks to those first list of reservation holders within that state or region. Another thing to consider is, a final delivery may fall through so a location May end up with a truck to sell quick. It's just a matter of communicating with a delivery location. This happens all the time with current models. One final thought. When the Cybertruck does start deliveries. It's going to be EPIC to see them on the roads. Happy Holidays Cybertruck Peeps. Be safe.
Sponsored

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
I can't believe that no one has brought up that there will be cancellations, maybe as much as 10% so that will change your place in line as well.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
The first year will probably be all Tri-motors to maximize income and status-symbol value of the vehicle, while minimizing production variations. The first shipments will go to major US markets, likely those with the shortest shipping times first. If you fit those criteria, then they will get to you as your reservation number comes up I'm sure. If you're in New Zealand waiting on a One-motor, see you in 2030.

On the plus-side, the reservation was only $100 so expect a whole bunch of cancellations and/or people who aren't able to actually finance it. A bunch will get bounced for being scalpers. And a bunch will be people who live in areas that can't receive the vehicle any time soon.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
In reality, the answer to the OP question is......we don't know.

Yes we have the crowdsourced list, but that is just all guess work.

What will happen is what will happen in what order it happens. Your RN does really mean very little in terms of when you will get a vehicle only that, yes you have reserved the right to purchase one. There are factors beyond our control that will impact delivery. I am sure not even Tesla knows when you will get a vehicle based on your reservation number yet. They have not even setup the production lines to manufacture them!

There are people who ordered model Ys on launch day that still have not gotten theirs (7 seat variants for example) Some models were outright canceled (single motor standard range).

So i would not place much emphasis on "where" you are in line. It's a bit of a crapshoot and all up to Tesla's whims.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Everyone has really points to make. We should also consider shipments. For example. Say someone in Florida has reservation #1 and a person in California has reservation #2. They will not just send 1 truck to each locations. They will send 10 or 30+ trucks. So with that said. If 30 trucks ship to Florida. The 30 people that have a res # ranging from 1 through 700k. Should get there truck most likely before someone with a lower res # in a different state. Provided that they ship those 30 trucks to those first list of reservation holders within that state or region. Another thing to consider is, a final delivery may fall through so a location May end up with a truck to sell quick. It's just a matter of communicating with a delivery location. This happens all the time with current models. One final thought. When the Cybertruck does start deliveries. It's going to be EPIC to see them on the roads. Happy Holidays Cybertruck Peeps. Be safe.
A car carrier truck will hold 5-6 CTs. I would imagine that as soon as any delivery center has accumulated a full truck by fulfilled reservation numbers the truck will be sent. So if you are from a well populated area with lots of reservations you might be delayed a week from your "perfect rn spot", but if you were from Montana or someplace rural you might get delayed a couple months." I can' t help but think that model selection will have a bigger impact on delivery window. Tesla will want to sell the highest profit margin model first. I am guessing Tri with FSD.

I haven't considered distribution by rail. They will likely have several transfer yards, but in the end they will go with full trucks to the end location so it won't change much.

ProfessorRon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Forte, 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So how do I change my order from a dual motor to a trimotor? Don’t want to lose my place in line.

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
A car carrier truck will hold 5-6 CTs. I would imagine that as soon as any delivery center has accumulated a full truck by fulfilled reservation numbers the truck will be sent. So if you are from a well populated area with lots of reservations you might be delayed a week from your "perfect rn spot", but if you were from Montana or someplace rural you might get delayed a couple months." I can' t help but think that model selection will have a bigger impact on delivery window. Tesla will want to sell the highest profit margin model first. I am guessing Tri with FSD.

I haven't considered distribution by rail. They will likely have several transfer yards, but in the end they will go with full trucks to the end location so it won't change much.
I can't believe that no one has brought up that there will be cancellations, maybe as much as 10% so that will change your place in line as well.
May be at least 20%. But that is still may 200,000 plus cycbertrucks, IF we are lucky Tesla will able to produce just 30,000 truck in the first year 2022.

OP
OP
davidngo44

davidngo44

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cycberstruck
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla has considered rail, but so far, has not used any in the US. Rail is usually booked up.

-Crissa
I am just going on a road trip to texas to pick it up, just for fun. lol