Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
This is from a chineese EV startup, but just look at that dashboard...it would be bad ass in the CT. Honestly this 48" display makes the CT 17" display look cheap.

Byton_M_Byte_final_design_8.jpg
Optics aren't viable as fixed field scale exceeds perimeter dimension.
Human visual acuity loses ability to differentiate content, navigation aids and clues on screen. Humans start hunting behaviors searching for words, images and cursors.
Such a large " white space". Humans are predisposed to " snow blind" condition as visual field over-whelms perception. Poor creatures can't distinguish elements from content as vision deteriorates, literally in front of their eyes. Add more visual white space from a windshield filled with fog or overcast sky and a human being becomes blind.

OverlandCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA sportage, Honda CRV
Occupation
student
Country flag
Optics aren't viable as fixed field scale exceeds perimeter dimension.
Human visual acuity loses ability to differentiate content, navigation aids and clues on screen. Humans start hunting behaviors searching for words, images and cursors.
Such a large " white space". Humans are predisposed to " snow blind" condition as visual field over-whelms perception. Poor creatures can't distinguish elements from content as vision deteriorates, literally in front of their eyes. Add more visual white space from a windshield filled with fog or overcast sky and a human being becomes blind.
so you're saying a dark mode is required?

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
is that a touchpad for that screen located at the tip of the white armrest?

OP
OP
Bigvbear

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Too Big.
How the hell would you click on the stuff on the far right.
its not a touch screen
there are two touch panels 1 in the steering wheel and one in the center armrest

the big display can be controlled with hand gestures (ala Minority Report) there are sensors in the dash and in the roof that detect the hand movements.

I gotta be honest, after seeing this concept car, Tesla looks like it's not as innovative in it's interior tech. The model 3, y and CT look like someone stuck an iPad on the dash as an afterthought. It's not as integrated into the interior (even the model S and X were better blended into the dash by comparison)

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I would only want this if I can use it as a full PC.
otherwise its just too much

docwisdom

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 4Runner, 67 Mustang, 66 Corvette
Country flag
+1
Love the panorama of this. With all the controls of a vehicle put on one small screen there is a lot of flipping around to get to various controls. Having it in a panorama gives you the ability to move some of the info screens (battery consumption, weather) to the passenger side and the actual controls (havoc, radio,etc) closer time the driver. Maybe navigation toward the center.

Love the steering wheel screen too!

Goitiag

First Name
Eugenio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota sienna
Occupation
Ret
Country flag
This is from a chineese EV startup, but just look at that dashboard...it would be bad ass in the CT. Honestly this 48" display makes the CT 17" display look cheap.

Byton_M_Byte_final_design_8.jpg
HELL YEAH

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
Please take a look at the display of the new Honda-E. I do nt know if it is sold in the USA....:rolleyes:

IMHO it is a good solution that incorporates the side veiw (mirros? We have to find a new word for that...) display. They are at the perfect spot you would expect them.... not too low like AUDIs Etron.

o.k. the Honda-E is only a fraction of the CT size.;)

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Please take a look at the display of the new Honda-E. I do nt know if it is sold in the USA....:rolleyes:

IMHO it is a good solution that incorporates the side veiw (mirros? We have to find a new word for that...) display. They are at the perfect spot you would expect them.... not too low like AUDIs Etron.

o.k. the Honda-E is only a fraction of the CT size.;)
How about side aware display?
Sponsored