Treating Tesla like a tech stock not an automotive stock. (See graphs)

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I invested way too late. Should have invested when I ordered my CT. I will be holding my shares for the long haul.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bukkakeaisu

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
J120 LandCruiser Prado
Country flag
I recommend holding the stock for at least another 5 years. You’ll kick yourself if you sell after the first stock split. This is a future Dow 30 company.
Indeed, my dilemma is more about balancing additional share purchases with other stocks that I am willing to cash out on.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I recommend holding the stock for at least another 5 years. You’ll kick yourself if you sell after the first stock split. This is a future Dow 30 company. When I speak of enriching ones lives I was referring to a company’s products. Tesla products seem to be directed at consumers who already own homes.
Self driving taxi should impact /enrich poorer people directly. It will certainly be great for older people and the very young.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Self driving taxi should impact /enrich poorer people directly. It will certainly be great for older people and the very young.
Poorer people can’t afford a Tesla, especially with a $10,000 FSD added on.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
With full self drive there is no reason to buy a car. Just hail one and go.
In the long run it will help. In the near future it will be no different than a taxi, Lyft or Uber; expensive rides.

in poor parts of town here there are jitney drivers taking people places at discounts to those services.

OP
OP
Northlander

Northlander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, Hybrid Toyota Avalon, Hybrid Toyota Camery, Honda Odyssey
Country flag
I read somewhere, sorry i dont remember the source, and i know how that comes off as sketchy, but Apples value per share taking into account stock splits would be 26,000 per share. Tesla‘s stock is accruing value faster than Apples stock rose. Just sharing- not trying to poke the on line Trolls with a stick.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I read somewhere, sorry i dont remember the source, and i know how that comes off as sketchy, but Apples value per share taking into account stock splits would be 26,000 per share. Tesla‘s stock is accruing value faster than Apples stock rose. Just sharing- not trying to poke the on line Trolls with a stick.
One could argue though that Tesla is revolutionizing the world faster than Apple did. So it would stand to reason that the share price would also rise faster (assuming that revolution was something that was attractive to the marketplace).

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Inflation hides how much Apple grew in its first few years, because those numbers look tiny by today's currency. And even more so, the number of people who can buy their products today vastly exceeds who could buy them in 1980.

To say Apple hasn't changed the world is to be myopic - everyone today uses touch screens (which apple made into a salable product) on a pocket sized device (which apple made into a salable product) use a graphical interface (which apple made into a salable product) supported by a cloud infrastructure (which apple made into a salable product) etc, etc, etc. When Apple made its first networking computers, ethernet hadn't fully been codified. When the Newton was released, the idea of handwriting recognition was science fiction. When the Macintosh was first developed, none of what we take for granted about protocols and apps and even icons had to be invented or implemented in a way users could understand.

To compare, Apple is more like early Ford than Tesla is - no one knew how to drive cars when Ford first started, roads and standards weren't, yet.

-Crissa

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
To say Apple hasn't changed the world is to be myopic
I didn't say that Apple hasn't changed the world. I just said that the Apple revolutions have been at a slower pace than Tesla's still incomplete revolutions. My first computer was an Apple IIe and before that I was using a friend's Apple II+ and the Radio Shack TRS-80 at school. That was back in the early 1980's. From there, it wasn't till 2018 that Apple was the first company to reach a $1 trillion market valuation. That took 35 years or more. During those 35 years, many of the revolutionary things you mention did happen and were truly revolutionary. And Apple marketed them as being revolutionary so we can all be sure to remember those revolutions.

So during that 35 years, how long was it till touch screens took off? Rember the Apple Newton? I don't think you could say that was a success. But iPad, iPod, iPhone all were successful finally. How many years till they each came out? And yes, those other revolutions were awesome in their day. But how much of the world was changed right away? Some of them took a very long time to catch on. I remember the Lisa and was even more fully impressed with the original Mac finally came out. But most of the world looked at that as an overpriced piece of art. Macs were far from business accepted till way later.

I'm not arguing that Apple is not revolutionary. Just that Tesla is also revolutionary at a faster pace. And Tesla is far from done so given the current of Tesla meme penetration I'd say that they are on track to bring multiple revolutions just like Apple but quicker than Apple ever did.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I didn't say you did. But you did mention it, and other people have.

Apple changed the world. It was in more schools than any other computer. In more factories than any other computer maker. Of course, then they had a product fail and Jobs was removed and the company floundered for another decade before catching its stride again.

It's just our position in time, today, that makes Tesla seem more revolutionary. But in some ways, it's not. We've had revolutions before. Tesla is the revolution today. Keeping them moving is really hard!

Making it about the factory to make the things... I think the idea is about making things which keep making things even after we're no longer here. That method is what Ford did. But he got distracted. Jobs died of cancer. Things happen.

-Crissa

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I sold all mine at 966 yesterday, on a market order at the end of the day. I'm a lucky boy.
I just have to use those charts up there to figure out where to buy back in, because I like the google, amazon, apple comparison.
Seems like a good time to dredge this oldy from Feb 6 2020. Don't be this guy.