Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5.1 180 4WD - CT Tri motor FSD ??
Occupation
Property Maintenance Technician
Country flag
I was wondering, with so much speculation going around about the Cybertruck and all the going’s on around it
How many orders are there in the UK at this time ?
Is is possible to extrapolate ( nice word) this from the database ( I’m not that techie minded)

I really just want to really be a real Cybertruck owner ?
Love all the chit chat so keep it coming ??
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The UK still doesn't know when they're getting Model Y, which came out in spring 2020. It may be soon, now that they're exporting right-hand-drive Model Ys from China.

Tesla plans on building the Cybertruck in China at some point, so eventually, if the number of orders they have beats the homologation costs, they'll ship some to the UK or EU. There certainly are commercial cars of similar size, so it's not entirely out of the question.

The only way to let Tesla know you want a truck from a location is to put in a reservation, tho.

-Crissa

PS, running scripts on the database certainly is possible, but the database is a bit laggy to interact with. I was only able to find nine hits for ', UK' in the region list before it crashed the script. Very frustrating to deal with ^-^

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
The UK still doesn't know when they're getting Model Y, which came out in spring 2020. It may be soon, now that they're exporting right-hand-drive Model Ys from China.

Tesla plans on building the Cybertruck in China at some point, so eventually, if the number of orders they have beats the homologation costs, they'll ship some to the UK or EU. There certainly are commercial cars of similar size, so it's not entirely out of the question.

The only way to let Tesla know you want a truck from a location is to put in a reservation, tho.

-Crissa

PS, running scripts on the database certainly is possible, but the database is a bit laggy to interact with. I was only able to find nine hits for ', UK' in the region list before it crashed the script. Very frustrating to deal with ^-^
Hi Crissa
Thanks for your response, an interesting comment about RHD CT’s from China, are you implying that none will be produced from the state side factories or any in Europe ?
I’ve had my order in since December 2019
Sounds like I’ll be waiting a very long time
Stuart

go99s

First Name
Go99s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I was wondering, with so much speculation going around about the Cybertruck and all the going’s on around it
Is is possible to extrapolate ( nice word) this from the database ( I’m not that techie minded)

Hi Raven, I'm a CT-Tri order from the UK and as I have only just joined CTOC we are now, at least, into double figures! Realistically, there must be thousands of UK reservations as this is such a superb vehicle and I hope that we don't get too watered down a version for the UK. After all our roads have 7.5 ton lorries and 40 ton Artics (Artic = Articulated lorry and trailer that the US calls a 'Semi'). A RHD version is appropriate for UK, Aus, NZ, Thailand... so there should be enough of a market for a RHD version. I mentioned Thailand as a market as I am currently living there and every other vehicle is a pick-up truck and RHD.
Kind regards, Duncan.

keni

First Name
Keni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm a UK RHD too.... Very much looking forward to it arriving when ever it does...

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I'm a UK RHD too.... Very much looking forward to it arriving when ever it does...
Hi Keni
?? We will actually get one! what have you got on order?
I think by the time Tesla have adjusted the models that will be available, and that’s if we even get a choice?, there will be only a select few members of the Cybertruck Owners Club UK
subject to prices I am probably going to have to downgrade my Tri with FSD ?

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi Raven, I'm a CT-Tri order from the UK and as I have only just joined CTOC we are now, at least, into double figures! Realistically, there must be thousands of UK reservations as this is such a superb vehicle and I hope that we don't get too watered down a version for the UK. After all our roads have 7.5 ton lorries and 40 ton Artics (Artic = Articulated lorry and trailer that the US calls a 'Semi'). A RHD version is appropriate for UK, Aus, NZ, Thailand... so there should be enough of a market for a RHD version. I mentioned Thailand as a market as I am currently living there and every other vehicle is a pick-up truck and RHD.
Kind regards, Duncan.
Hi Duncan
sorry I missed your input
lets keep our fingers crossed we get a choice of models
I going to be a bit twitchy going to Cornwall with all those narrow lanes that’s for sure!

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I’ve had to change my Avatar to reflect my enthusiasm about my order and weather I will actually be, one day an actual owner
stuart

keni

First Name
Keni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm in for a dual motor with FSD, I'm unlikely wanting to drive without FSD again!

@Duncan; I bet Thailand would lap up the CT!

Last edited:

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Another Dual + FSD here, everything crossed it will be on sale here, The MY is now available to order and there are a few demo’s going around for test drives.
Sponsored