Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5.1 180 4WD - CT Tri motor FSD ??
Occupation
Property Maintenance Technician
Country flag
Hello to all my fellow CT potential owners

ive got to say, I haven’t found a confirmed UK pricing structure anywhere on the web?
I’ve just added FSD Option to my Pre Order ( for the hell of it?) at £5800 but no pice confirmed for the actual Truck,
should I be worried?
how many Uk orders are there?
i need to go to the local pub for a beer and talk to someone ?

this Newbie looks forward to ANY RESPONSE ??
Bristol UK
Sponsored

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
??

MNski

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck on order, currently a LD Discover 4
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Right there with you! I'm in Ireland and best I could do was to check Irish model X prices with the equivalent in the US and compare the US CT price with the model X price! looks like Tri motor CT with the full self-drive with taxes in Ireland would be circa €103,000.
Also, RHD has not been mentioned anywhere and ultimately will Tesla actually make available in the European market due to EU safety requirements? Note recent tweet by EM regarding smaller world truck.
Suppose time will tell but still so much to be advised for this side of the Atlantic.

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Like the way you work sir
still leaves everyone this side of the pond on tenderhooks
it would be nice to see a UK/Europe update, there must be a few of us out there asking the same questions
and looking for some clarity

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I saw something mentioned by an Australian guy on here about pricing too. He mentioned that with the amount of time between now and when you get your CT, the exchange rates will fluctuate. That could explain why all pricing is based on US dollars.

MNski

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck on order, currently a LD Discover 4
Occupation
Company Director
Country flag
Yeah would be great to get an update on UK/ European position.

@Sirfun yeah can live with the US dollars pricing and would agree its definitely due to exchange rates. I suppose on a personal front I am more concerned regarding the RHD element.

@RavenX447 From what's been advised, two of the top ten countries of purchase at this time are RHD markets but this still only equates to circa 5% of the total orders(of the top 10 countries) in place so even throwing Ireland in with the UK, assuming I'm not the only person in Ireland who has a reservation, the total percentage of orders outside of the US and in RHD is tiny. I would assume less than 10% of total reservations are from RHD countries, therefore we would seem to be in a minority and fairly far down the list of priorities. BTW all information above is based on forums and youtube videos so the information may not be accurate.

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Using the same comparison for Uk model x compared to price in US, I think you can assume the uk price will be USd x 104% I.e. US dollar 70k for tri motor ~ £73k.
However that should include VAT, to make it ~£61k ex VAT for those who can claim it back. Edited :)

Last edited:

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
I'm in England too.
If only it were as easy as the exchange rate + vat, but with the costs of homologation/type approval, shipping, RHD adaptation and whatever the car tax regime is at the time we're going to wind up in £ probably a little more than the $ figure is. On top of that, we don't have a truck culture, so numbers will be comparably small with fewer economies of scale to share the RHD development costs.
I have a 2017 Mustang. The current GT premium is $40k in the USA and the same car is £43k in UK.
Sticking with Tesla, a Model S performance is $90k in USA and £93k in UK
A Model X long range is $95k USA and £98k UK
And my Apple Mac is $2.8k in the USA and the same thing is £2.8k here in the UK
So, don't kid yourself that the Cybertruck will be any different. The pricing precedent is out there to see and it's pretty consistent across everything. I don't think we're going to get much change out of £90k for a tri motor self driving cyber truck once the prevailing car tax regime is taken into account

Last edited:
OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Hi Christian
You’ve done your homework, that does all make perfect sense, not as cheap as I was hoping, but it’s only money?
I’m definitely not going to show the wife your response!!!! ?
Great info and good for thought, looking forward to the UK Cybertruck Club meet-ups, if I live that long??

CybertronUK

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara, Hulux Invincible
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
My thoughts are that I don’t think the RHD requirement is that big of an issue but I don’t work in auto engineering . What’s to change apart from the steering wheel and the pedals? The screen is central. Helpfully we have the Australians on our side (no pun intended) who have a massive ‘ute’ market. The biggest problem I see is the European crash testing requirements. However, Tesla have some of the best crash testing results with their current models so maybe they will be able to modify it without changing the concept too much. I just hope Tesla don’t keep CT as is, for North America and bring out a EU/rest of world version, Ford Ranger size many years later. They could clearly sell in the US as many as they could make for several years.

christianUK

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck on order, 2017 Mustang, 2006 Range Rover
Country flag
Build one for the whole world with the steering wheel in the middle seat.

I think we’ll get it, but we’ll just have to wait. I also have some small hope that a post - Brexit free trade agreement with the USA will make it easier for us to get it directly rather than under the umbrella of the EU wide existing scheme as is.

Yes Aussies love their utes but there aren’t that many of them in global market terms

Not taking anything for granted. It still surprises me that despite the huge success of the Mustang in export markets that Chevrolet did nothing similar with the Cámaro or Dodge with the Charger, But neither of them are Tesla. So, fingers crossed for us.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hello to all my fellow CT potential owners

ive got to say, I haven’t found a confirmed UK pricing structure anywhere on the web?
I’ve just added FSD Option to my Pre Order ( for the hell of it?) at £5800 but no pice confirmed for the actual Truck,
should I be worried?
how many Uk orders are there?
i need to go to the local pub for a beer and talk to someone ?

this Newbie looks forward to ANY RESPONSE ??
Bristol UK
Just down the road from you in Weston Super Mare., we have a club?

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Build one for the whole world with the steering wheel in the middle seat.

I think we’ll get it, but we’ll just have to wait. I also have some small hope that a post - Brexit free trade agreement with the USA will make it easier for us to get it directly rather than under the umbrella of the EU wide existing scheme as is.

Yes Aussies love their utes but there aren’t that many of them in global market terms

Not taking anything for granted. It still surprises me that despite the huge success of the Mustang in export markets that Chevrolet did nothing similar with the Cámaro or Dodge with the Charger, But neither of them are Tesla. So, fingers crossed for us.
We have to keep positive and hope for the free trade deal with our America cousins, and as to European standards we don’t need them as we are an independent nation again.

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Just down the road from you in Weston Super Mare., we have a club?
Good to know we have at least two in the club!
Ice creams and ripping up brean dunes it is then ?
Sponsored