Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Good to know we have at least two in the club!
Ice creams and ripping up brean dunes it is then ?
Brilliant and can’t wait for Tesla to get some over here for us to see, apparently we can’t drive it as it will be a static display only but just being able to sit and touch it will be enough to start with, just hope all their stores will get one, plus it’s going to be handy having the one at Cribbs Causeway, that’s if it’s still there after this Chinese Flu shutdown.
Sponsored

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5.1 180 4WD - CT Tri motor FSD ??
Occupation
Property Maintenance Technician
Country flag
The resent visit to the UK by Elon himself, carries A huge amount of weight for a UK "gigafactory" here sooner rather than later
not sure of which other locations he looked at but the Gravity site near Bridgewater has got to one of the most promising in the UK
if that happens we we have somewhere local to go and at least Drool through the fence ?

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The resent visit to the UK by Elon himself, carries A huge amount of weight for a UK "gigafactory" here sooner rather than later
not sure of which other locations he looked at but the Gravity site near Bridgewater has got to one of the most promising in the UK
if that happens we we have somewhere local to go and at least Drool through the fence ?
The South West certainly needs some manufacturing jobs and the bigger the better, having lost the Westland Helicopters jobs and other aircraft manufacturers here over the last couple of decades a Gigafactory would be brilliant, and as you say a golden opportunity to sit and watch them build it over the fence.

HBradley9637

First Name
Humphrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Another UK reservation-holder. I ordered the Dual Motor version on the 24th November, hoping that the full-size version comes to UK/EU. I agree that which side the steering wheel & pedals are on is not likely to be the deal breaker, rather the EURO NCAP (including the pedestrian scenarios) that may be the deciding factor. That said, Tesla has a reputation for building some of the safest cars in the world (including for pedestrians) & why should the CT be any different (front firing curtain airbags anyone!?)?

HBradley9637

First Name
Humphrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 LR
Country flag
Or perhaps the Honda plant in Swindon after they leave next year?

OP
OP
RavenX447

RavenX447

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vw T5.1 180 4WD - CT Tri motor FSD ??
Occupation
Property Maintenance Technician
Country flag
Another UK reservation-holder. I ordered the Dual Motor version on the 24th November, hoping that the full-size version comes to UK/EU. I agree that which side the steering wheel & pedals are on is not likely to be the deal breaker, rather the EURO NCAP (including the pedestrian scenarios) that may be the deciding factor. That said, Tesla has a reputation for building some of the safest cars in the world (including for pedestrians) & why should the CT be any different (front firing curtain airbags anyone!?)?
I’m all for the front firing airbags, in case I miss the garage opening ?

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sunny Worthing, Sussex thats a few of us now ...
I did post the other day about the possibility of a Tesla factory near Bridgewater, a friend of my son in law who works in the building game on ground works mentioned his company has placed a bid for the contract.
Sponsored