g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Sawyer is claiming these are all renders like @Ogre said

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Who doesn't know BAW?

Tesla Cybertruck Unplugged Performance Aftermarket Wheels announcement reveals production Cybertruck design?!  [UP CYBRHEX Forged Wheels] 1666864225507

audi2tesla

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3; 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Country flag
Cyberhex wheels look really cool but I'm curious the range benefits (or deficits) over the stock Cybertruck wheels. The stock wheels look good already as well.

I also don't want to order a set of wheels before seeing the final price of the truck itself in the online configurator. Tesla likely will have a couple wheel options anyway.

Last edited:

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Cyberhex wheels look really cool but I'm curious the range benefits (or deficits) over the stock Cybertruck wheels. The stock wheels look good already as well.

I also don't want to order a set of wheels before seeing the final price of the truck itself in the online configurator. Tesla likely will have a couple wheel options anyway.
You're no fun ...

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
They look great but... Unless the CT has some kind of weird lug spacing, there are way too many aftermarket truck wheel options to pay $6k. Me I'm going for a set of Fuel Assaults, which are about $2k for a set. As soon as the info regarding spacing and offset are confirmed I'll start shopping.

fuel-assault-d546-20x10-1000_7936.png
It comes down to whether you want forged wheels or not. Some of us will be using two wheelsets so we can run summer and winter tires or road/off-road tires. I like forged wheels for their strength and light weight on my winter tires. The lighter weight is a big advantage in maintaining traction and performance on icy surfaces because, when they break traction, their lower inertia allows them to grip sooner as the traction control dials the power back. A significantly lighter wheel can be noticeably more responsive in such conditions. The Fuel Assaults you have pictured are cheap made in China wheels and probably will weigh more and have a lower strength/weight ratio than whatever wheels Tesla supplies the truck with. Tesla has a history of supplying even the base model with much better than average wheels in terms of strength/weight ratio. For example, the 18" wheels on the Model 3 are not fully forged but they are spun cast for less porosity and then the rim/barrel are roll forged to align the metal grains for strength and increase the precision of the rim/barrel.

We don't know what wheels the Cybertruck will come with but, chances are, even the base wheels will be robust and fairly light for their load rating so I wouldn't be in a hurry to run out and replace them with inexpensive wheels just to look different unless you don't mind spending money to downgrade your truck just to be different.

Last edited:

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
If I had enough crack to oder after market wheels they will be some heavy headlocks.

Deleted member 859

It comes down to whether you want forged wheels or not. Some of us will be using two wheelsets so we can run summer and winter tires or road/off-road tires. I like forged wheels for their strength and light weight on my winter tires. The lighter weight is a big advantage in maintaining traction and performance on icy surfaces because, when they break traction, their lower inertia allows them to grip sooner as the traction control dials the power back. A significantly lighter wheel can be noticeably more responsive in such conditions. The Fuel Assaults you have pictured are cheap made in China wheels and probably will weigh more and have a lower strength/weight ratio than whatever wheels Tesla supplies the truck with. Tesla has a history of supplying even the base model with much better than average wheels in terms of strength/weight ratio. For example, the 18" wheels on the Model 3 are not fully forged but they are spun cast for less porosity and then the rim/barrel are roll forged to align the metal grains for strength and increase the precision of the rim/barrel.

We don't know what wheels the Cybertruck will come with but, chances are, even the base wheels will be robust and fairly light for their load rating so I wouldn't be in a hurry to run out and replace them with inexpensive wheels just to look different unless you don't mind spending money to downgrade your truck just to be different.
I wouldn’t say Tesla has good cast aluminum wheels. My wife bent 3 of the 21 inch wheels on our Model S. Rotary forged wheels are the way to go. I replaced all 4 wheels for slightly more than the cost of one Tesla cast aluminum wheel. No problems since. Also the lug nuts were soft and had to be replaced after multiple wheel rotations because the lug nuts became deformed.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
The last thing this world needs is another set of truck rims. Geesh.
Sponsored