Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
I ordered a F150 Electric when it was introduced also thinking this was a possibility. I pick that up in summer 2022 as I am a very early order, if Ford is still in business . Drive it till the DM Cyber truck is ready in 2023. I am currently trim position 23,671 for my 1st day order DM.
My tri motor position is 255,755, so 2025 for that one I imagine, unless Tesla prioritizes that build 1st. Will be interesting.
I have 4 on order and are part of my retirement plan, as they will all be robotaxi's. I am turning 62 in December and plan to retire at 66 and 10 months, which is October2026. Should work out.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
the problem here is that Rivian is almost ready and GM and Ford will be before Tesla. people in need of a truck and still puzzled about CT's appearance will go for another brand at this point. this is no good news for us Tesla shareholders. As a future CT owner, however, I am ok with any delay that makes CT better.
Lost sales to other EV brands might not matter much if Tesla can't keep up with demand, and if they really want people to transition to EVs like Elon Musk has said.

Don Kruse

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Harley-Davidson LiveWire
Occupation
Small Business Owner
Country flag
Was watching it live, I know its a bummer but I've been prepared for it personally. I don't know about others, while bummed I'm stilled not depressed just because I was expecting a cumulative delay of around this time. If it goes considerably beyond this, that would then surprise me.

We are all in different boats, I'm fine with the delay because I currently drive a truck that has years of life left in it. But I can imagine for people who are buying their first truck or are on their last leg of their current vehicle this is a real bummer.

In the long term, this wait will be forgotten soon after we each take delivery. But that's just my opinion. Who knows
You are spot on, ordered a Harley-Davidson Livewire in January 2019 the delivery date kept go push out as they worked through getting everything just right, I I didn’t tale delivery till December 2019 and I can now say it was worth the wait, I drive it daily coming up on 18,000 miles now with -0- problems with it, now with the CyberTruck being a completely different vehicle and in order for Tesla to keep the price as low as they’ve already stated it only makes sense that a lot of moving pieces have to be in place for a full production run, so for now I’ll patiently wait for what I hope is the last truck I’ll ever buy :)

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
I ordered a F150 Electric when it was introduced also thinking this was a possibility. I pick that up in summer 2022 as I am a very early order, if Ford is still in business . Drive it till the DM Cyber truck is ready in 2023. I am currently trim position 23,671 for my 1st day order DM.
My tri motor position is 255,755, so 2025 for that one I imagine, unless Tesla prioritizes that build 1st. Will be interesting.
I have 4 on order and are part of my retirement plan, as they will all be robotaxi's. I am turning 62 in December and plan to retire at 66 and 10 months, which is October2026. Should work out.
If you really want the Trimotor and if Tesla makes that one first, just change your earliest reservation with the lowest number to a Trimotor. Bad thing is if you reserved with FSD at $7k, it would change that to the current price.

Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
My heart is sad, but my mind is like now you’ll be able to get the tri-motor version…..:devilish:

There are pros and cons. I have to drive my truck for another few years. It is what it is! Good things come to those that wait?? (Insert unsure voice)

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 AWD LR M3, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
Expected to see mine at Christmas 2022, best case scenario, mid 2023 likely before this announcement (#85457). My guess: he’s prioritizing his rocket production with the steel the new mill will be putting out until they are marching along full speed; 4680 production in quantities for Cybertruck, Semi and Plaid numbers could take time for LG, Panasonic, Samsung and others to tool up for given that every major automaker will be pestering them for batteries soon and the raw materials will be in high demand; he knows the Y is cash in the bank now so get them out there ASAP. The low price he set for the Trimotor I’m waiting on won’t be the big moneymaker that kicks things into high gear/ high priority. Confirming the delay still bums me out, but gives more time for personal finances to grow to cover the purchase. No more delays PLEASE!

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
If you really want the Trimotor and if Tesla makes that one first, just change your earliest reservation with the lowest number to a Trimotor. Bad thing is if you reserved with FSD at $7k, it would change that to the current price.
I want the DM 1st. It will be mine. The TM I ordered intentionally as a option for when I need to tow or go on long trips but primarily it is for my robo fleet as a option that I feel will be in demand. I have a SM and another DM for the fleet also. All of them are late orders just before the FSD went to 10k

Metal Storm

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Country flag
the problem here is that Rivian is almost ready and GM and Ford will be before Tesla. people in need of a truck and still puzzled about CT's appearance will go for another brand at this point. this is no good news for us Tesla shareholders. As a future CT owner, however, I am ok with any delay that makes CT better.
I would take bets on Rivan not reaching full production until 2025, GM 2026, Ford 2026. All three will have plenty of delays. Not to mention them all using pouch packs that have a high danger of thermal problems (per Elon).

cyberda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cyber (Ordered)
Country flag
I, for my part, am driving a tired f150 with deep rust issues and over 250,00 miles. I don't know what to do now. I'm bummed. Not slit-your-wrists bummed, just bummed. Elooon!
Get a Lighting!
A lot of CT reservations will... there will be many other viable ev truck options in the next year or so. I'm not convinced that CT will be a viable product as yet. I want to see a production vehicle going through some extreme testing/comparison to other EV trucks and some eval with miles under its belt (my # is well enough down the list that all this will happen). That said, it sure seems to be going into the roadster/semi delayed production storyline.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
So if we look at the hIstory of tesla pushing timelines.. we can come to a conclusion we might see volume production in 2024? Perfect.. thats approx when my current vehicle will be due for a replacement!

Pappy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Hybrid Corolla, F250
Occupation
Retired Underground Coal Miner
Country flag
I wonder what the value of a 2023 dual motor with FSD be in the spring of 2023. No matter what happens between now and then, my CT reservation will still be mine, and the truck that follows may still be worth the wait, one way or another. Let the bidding begin.?

87Gbody

First Name
Albero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber truck
Country flag
Just gives me more time to save up that down payment and maybe buy some more Tesla stock.
I just hope the Nissan van can hang in there until they build mine. I average 20k miles a year and keep it maintained so there is hope.
Yup that’s right. Right now I’m still paying off my current truck so just give me more time to save up for the extras I will like to do on the Cyber truck. I have no idea how far down the line I have my reservation.
Sponsored