Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
This is interesting. I was supercharging near the airport a few nights ago and got into a conversation with a young man who worked at the Austin giga factory. He said they were up to 300 trucks a week.
Sponsored

Synchronicity786

First Name
O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco, Tesla Cybertruck
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
I think everyone is individually allowed to feel however they feel... If it's irrational, wtf cares? I just don't understand why people will get so upset about people "whining and complaining", while complaining...that they're "whining", just ignore the people that bug you, not sure how anyone thinks a snarky comment is somehow better decorum than someone "whining".

Also waiting on a VIN... most days I am super patient, other days it's like "ok, give me something", which is pretty natural for something you're excited for and waited on, for years.
We don't know what's going on in other people's lives, just let em live...The animosity people bring bc of what someone else says about the topic at hand is way more annoying than someone who is impatient imo.
First reasonable post I’ve seen. Amen.

Spacenoddle

First Name
Nan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
IT
Country flag
This is interesting. I was supercharging near the airport a few nights ago and got into a conversation with a young man who worked at the Austin giga factory. He said they were up to 300 trucks a week.
300 a weekl is still 50+ per day😢

OP
OP
Cerberus

Cerberus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model X, CyberBeast order in queue
Country flag
That's a good question

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I meant 300 day….
There's no way that's happening. That would mean they are at 93,900 trucks per year (building trucks 6 days a week, times 52 weeks), which they are certainly not. We'd be seeing ~30 vin assignments per day if they were actually making 300 trucks a day.

It would also mean more than 7500 trucks would be produced by the end of q1, if we assume 300 per day only started last week.

Very doubtful that in Q1 they reached 75% of the production rate that they projected they could have by end of year.

Much more likely is that they are making something like 120 trucks a day, and shipping ~80-90.

Axtrader

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX100D, MS100D, M3LR, MYP
Occupation
Shield AI Business Development
Country flag
My Cyber Beast has been sitting in that Austin parking lot since March 14th when the car was built. Today is March 24th and Beast is awaiting transportation.

I received my Beast VIN on on Tuesday March 19th. Armed with a VIN, Tesla advisors have been pretty good about providing details about the build and movement for delivery. I learned yesterday from my advisor that my Beast was already built on March 14th, five days before being assigned the VIN, #38XX. As of yesterday, the Beast was still sitting in Austin. It is supposed to be transported to the San Diego Miramar Service/Delivery Center and arrive on Thursday March 28th but I was cautioned by my advisor that a first week of April delivery was more likely. I suggested that the end of the quarter push would drive delivery no later than Sunday March 31st, but my advisor was not as hopeful, standing by his April projection.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
My Cyber Beast has been sitting in that Austin parking lot since March 14th when the car was built. Today is March 24th and Beast is awaiting transportation.

I received my Beast VIN on on Tuesday March 19th. Armed with a VIN, Tesla advisors have been pretty good about providing details about the build and movement for delivery. I learned yesterday from my advisor that my Beast was already built on March 14th, five days before being assigned the VIN, #38XX. As of yesterday, the Beast was still sitting in Austin. It is supposed to be transported to the San Diego Miramar Service/Delivery Center and arrive on Thursday March 28th but I was cautioned by my advisor that a first week of April delivery was more likely. I suggested that the end of the quarter push would drive delivery no later than Sunday March 31st, but my advisor was not as hopeful, standing by his April projection.
Congrats to a fellow Cyberbeast fan. I live in Texas, placed my Cyberbeast order on 1/2/24 and still waiting for the darn VIN! I went ahead and ordered another Cybertruck but a DM instead of the Tri-motor after seeing it in person at the Glendale AZ showroom. First time seeing one since my Nov 2019 preorder, lol. I was blown away by its sophistication and solid built. You are so close! Keep us posted. 🤓

evnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I meant 300 day….
FWIW, Troy thinks your earlier 300 per week is more accurate ;)

Full capacity is about 5,000 per week. Noway they are at 40% already after being at < 5% till recently.

IMO there has been a significant ramp up recently in % terms - but not compared to final capacity.
Sponsored