Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
I ordered and received your first less than adequate small ones that fit under but don’t really work. will be be sent these improved versions?
As I said to others - please DM me with your order # and I will refund v1 if you didn't like v1, so you can re-order v2 if you want it.

OP
OP
TWRAPS

TWRAPS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Thank you for making a product and being realistic with the price. I am ordering them right now

It is sad and super greedy that there are other companies wanting $132 for plastic lug not covers....
Thank you!
Not that anybody asked me but now that you brought that up I wanted to explain how I've been doing this so far...
Basically, since I insist on manufacturing everything in-house, and since we are bootstrapped (no investors), and since we're just 2.5 years old as a company (no prior manufacturing experience...I come from software startups) my only option to get this off the ground has always been 3D printing. Now that we are getting some maturity I am now looking into molding but it has to be In-house. I bought our first molder a little over a moth ago actually, but so far I found about 30 ways to make a mold that doesn't work, so I need more time before that thing goes in production.
The reason that matters is something that most people don't realize - 3D printing is A LOT more expensive than injection molding. And I mean A LOT! For instance, retail price good ABS is about $25/kg. Buy it by the ton (as we do) and it goes down to about $13. Buy a ton of ABS pellets (for a molder) and it's $0.5/kg. That's 26 times difference in material cost. Then there are the failures of 3D printers (molders fail less) which is just wasted material (looking into building a recycling station in-house for that too by the way). And that's not all - 3D printing consumes more energy per product (higher electric bill) and requires a lot more labor (do that in California and you are in for a treat come pay day). Last but not least - the machines are a lot more expensive. We have almost 50 printers now, worth over $60,000. My output is about 150 products per day. I can buy a used injection molder for $30k and output 500+ products per day with it. Of course I'd need to buy at least 3 such molders for redundancy, at which point we overpass the printers investment but with 10 fold difference in output (assuming we can sell that much). I'd say the rest of the expenses are of course comparable between the 2 technologies (packaging, shipping).
So, in terms of our pricing - I am basically pricing everything based on how much it costs us to get it to you + a little margin that covers our future development and other business expenses (lease, insurance, returns, fraud etc).Shipping being a very very notable part of the price. Since the beginning of this year shipping costs have skyrocketed. For instance, shipping these door inserts costs about $8. Shipping the floor organizer is about $12-$16 depending on where it's going. And then there are platform fees...Amazon starts at about 20% and caps at about 40% so you can see in the end not much is left as profit:/
I know many sellers price based on how much they can yank for something, but I personally am against this approach and prefer to keep the prices as low as we can, although I realize that if that was molded I can go sensibly lower (as foreign, mature manufacturers can do it). Hopefully one day when I finally figure out how to make molds for the molder (as I am keeping the tooling design & manufacturing in-house too!).

PS I will be releasing wheel covers soon...likely next week. Will be priced at about $100 or less for all 4 and cover the entire hole, not just the lug nuts and the cap. Here is a preview (final design won't have the CT logo so I don't get sued...this is just a "for me" version :))

IMG_1219.jpeg

Last edited:

al4er

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck FS AWD ordered
Country flag
Thank you!
Not that anybody asked me but now that you brought that up I wanted to explain how I've been doing this so far...
Basically, since I insist on manufacturing everything in-house, and since we are bootstrapped (no investors), and since we're just 2.5 years old as a company (no prior manufacturing experience...I come from software startups) my only option to get this off the ground has always been 3D printing. Now that we are getting some maturity I am now looking into molding but it has to be In-house. I bought our first molder a little over a moth ago actually, but so far I found about 30 ways to make a mold that doesn't work, so I need more time before that thing goes in production.
The reason that matters is something that most people don't realize - 3D printing is A LOT more expensive than injection molding. And I mean A LOT! For instance, retail price good ABS is about $25/kg. Buy it by the ton (as we do) and it goes down to about $13. Buy a ton of ABS pellets (for a molder) and it's $0.5/kg. That's 26 times difference in material cost. Then there are the failures of 3D printers (molders fail less) which is just wasted material (looking into building a recycling station in-house for that too by the way). And that's not all - 3D printing consumes more energy per product (higher electric bill) and requires a lot more labor (do that in California and you are in for a treat come pay day). Last but not least - the machines are a lot more expensive. We have almost 50 printers now, worth over $60,000. My output is about 150 products per day. I can buy a used injection molder for $30k and output 500+ products per day with it. Of course I'd need to buy at least 3 such molders for redundancy, at which point we overpass the printers investment but with 10 fold difference in output (assuming we can sell that much). I'd say the rest of the expenses are of course comparable between the 2 technologies (packaging, shipping).
So, in terms of our pricing - I am basically pricing everything based on how much it costs us to get it to you + a little margin that covers our future development and other business expenses (lease, insurance, returns, fraud etc).Shipping being a very very notable part of the price. Since the beginning of this year shipping costs have skyrocketed. For instance, shipping these door inserts costs about $8. Shipping the floor organizer is about $12-$16 depending on where it's going. And then there are platform fees...Amazon starts at about 20% and caps at about 40% so you can see in the end not much is left as profit:/
I know many sellers price based on how much they can yank for something, but I personally am against this approach and prefer to keep the prices as low as we can, although I realize that if that was molded I can go sensibly lower (as foreign, mature manufacturers can do it). Hopefully one day when I finally figure out how to make molds for the molder (as I am keeping the tooling design & manufacturing in-house too!).

PS I will be releasing wheel covers soon...likely next week. Will be priced at about $100 or less for all 4 and cover the entire hole, not just the lug nuts and the cap. Here is a preview (final design won't have the CT logo so I don't get sued...this is just a "for me" version :))

IMG_1219.jpeg
i would order it immediately. Was looking for center caps and bolt covers in Amazon. I would test it for you and share the results (I will pay the full price).
Seriously…

Luxo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’ll send you $100 right now just to be a beta tester for these. Awesome work!

reaction26

First Name
Arash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT, MXP
Occupation
Program Director
Country flag
These are the best looking covers I have ever seen. This company (TWRAPS) by far has the best interior accessories I have seen out on the market. Both from a customer service perspective and just being a nice and polite company. They are willing to work with you on anything just to make the customer happy. I can't wait for them to keep pushing out more and more accessories for the CT fans.

Cyber_95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Do you mean the lip that goes over the white leather a bit? It’s needed to keep it from wiggling while allowing you to pull it out. I’ve done more than 50 prototypes of this and I can guarantee this - I can make this work without the lip but once you put it in, there is no taking it out unless you break it.
The wallet photo is old one will change. It’s visible on the others, the video and the augmented reality 3D model on our website.
Yeah, I was asking about the lip. I guess I understand the need for it. Too bad the FS only has white interior. It would be a total non-issue if the white interior didn't make the lip so obvious.

Thanks for the thorough explanation regarding your manufacturing philosophy. As I said, once I get more certainty on when my FS AWD CT is coming, I'm ordering the pockets and I'm strongly considering your floor console organizer. Regarding this, have your considered a cupholder in the floor console organizer? I realize the floor console is not that deep, but even a shallow, 1" cup holder could hold covered water bottles.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Thank you!

IMG_1219.jpeg
That looks amazing. 🤩

OP
OP
TWRAPS

TWRAPS

Site Sponsor
First Name
Iliya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Thank you all for the very nice comments!
To clarify my issue with the wheel covers is no longer the design...I reached a design where these are inserted easily, there is a way to remove them, they stay securely and look nice. The issue is manufacturing them - I am still getting some unwanted artifacts in the process and I am trying to fix that :/

@Cyber_95 - to your question about the floor organizer - yes, a redesign is on my todo to add optional cup holders and a higher profile version possibly (not sure yet) with privacy lids. Not sure when I will be done with that but I can confirm that I will be making a redesign for sure 👍🏻

Techy Golfer

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
SaaS
Country flag
To clarify my issue with the wheel covers is no longer the design...I reached a design where these are inserted easily, there is a way to remove them, they stay securely and look nice. The issue is manufacturing them - I am still getting some unwanted artifacts in the process and I am trying to fix that :/

@Cyber_95 - to your question about the floor organizer - yes, a redesign is on my todo to add optional cup holders and a higher profile version possibly (not sure yet) with privacy lids. Not sure when I will be done with that but I can confirm that I will be making a redesign for sure 👍🏻
Any plans for under seat storage for the rear seats?

Mettalicron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer / Business Owner
Country flag

What about front underseat storage?

Boyne

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 MX, 2022 M3, 2024 CT
Occupation
Retired Naval Officer
Country flag
As I said to others - please DM me with your order # and I will refund v1 if you didn't like v1, so you can re-order v2 if you want it.
Thank you so very much. I have already received your refund for the first version of door trays and have ordered your newer version. I also ordered TWRAPS screen protectors. when I get them installed I’ll leave Review on Amazon.😀
Sponsored