Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
You are talking out of your horse butt.
Yes and no

five to six years is way really insulting to the current value of ICE vehicles and how long they will be around. I could see in 10 years we have a lot more infrastructure for EVs and gas stations will probably offer level 3 charging in their parking spots. But even when ICE vehicles stop being popular and the majority of all vehicle sales in North America are EV, there will still be most likely 100 million plus ICE vehicles registered.

A lot of car sales are used cars and in 10 years from now, people are still going to be in the market for a vehicle for a cheap as they can get, some of these will be electric and some will be gas/diesel.

However, we should be getting solid state batteries in vehicles in about 10-20 years I would estimate. So in 30-50 years time when the majority of car sales will be electric for decades, solid state batteries allow us to charge up in minutes, a lot of gas stations might have fully stopped selling gas which will probably raise the price significantly for gas, then I could see the resale value of ICE vehicles being much much less.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
You are talking out of your horse butt.
We're already seeing this in sedans, now hatchbacks. Hybrid new sales are hit first, then used has guzzlers.

Even with only a few percent of sales being battery electric vehicles, sedans that aren't BEVs are said to be dead weight to sales.

It's only going to get more pronounced as time goes on.

-Crissa

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
2020 Raptors in the Denver area were shown on a YouTube video posted by "The Fast Lane Truck" channel today to be marked up to $111,000.

Unbelievable! ?

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
2020 Raptors in the Denver area were shown on a YouTube video posted by "The Fast Lane Truck" channel today to be marked up to $111,000.

Unbelievable! ?
I saw that video earlier this morning, It wouldn't surprise me if they sell at that price too. I guess it depends how desperate you are for a Raptor. If it were me I would buy a Superduty Tremor way before a Raptor, not a fan of turbos

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Am I the only person who saw the title and couldn't wait for the CT to be featured in a velociraptor chase scene in some new Jurassic Park movie?

I'm pretty sure the CT would be raptor proof and outrun one, too!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Raptors are built to be driven fast off road, not sure how the CT will do in that regard but will be much better as as far as towing and hauling

Dodge coming out with the Ram T rex and the rumor is Ford will be releasing the 2021 Raptor with a supercharged 5.2L V8 out of the GT500.

Sounds like a fun time to be a truck owner
That's the difference between conventional shocks (Bilstein, Fox, etc), even the best available won't touch the ability of computerized micro-adjustments, constantly assessing the movement 1,000s of times per second, to precisely adjust the dampening effect (compression and rebound), adding or removing friction or resistance, depending on the findings. And, this will eventually happen 1,000,000s and more times per second as AI is introduced in the coming years. So much is possible.

There is simply no way a conventional shock, that is set up prior to an event; best as they can anticipate what will happen, and what to set up for most and least. Computers assess everything and make microscopic alterations actively, changing your ride constantly, your comfort, or offsetting for a huge boulder you just hit at 90 mph, just before a sweeping off camber 4' drop off... all part of an off-road excursion you're enjoying on the course used for the annual Baja 500.

Then, next week, when you're rock crawling The Hammers... same computer, same ultra responsiveness. This is what Elon is talking about when he talks of the amazing suspension coming on the CyberTruck. It's also on all the other Teslas, but possibly ...more so. peace
Sponsored