CHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Model X
Country flag
Good for you for letting people sit in it and interact with it (unlike Tesla)

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
even "The Rock" didn't have a clue what CT was on Rogan, makes me think he either has a rock head or lives under a rock

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
In addition to the price being too high when I received the email on Dec. 8th to configure an FS. This video confirms the craziness I want to avoid with being the first CT driving around. I have been concerned about that for 4 years, since I reserved the night of the reveal. Everyone is different, my wife and I would be really be uncomfortable with that much attention everywhere we go. And I can't imagine having that in my driveway. Too much craziness around it. When Tesla announced the prices at the reveal, I felt like within 6 months there would be Cybertrucks everywhere because the demand would be phenomenal. But here we are in 2024, and the price is double for an FS, and Tesla is talking like a very slow ramp up. I'm buying a model Y and going to wait maybe 5 years for the prices and craziness to become something I am willing to go with.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
I wish the early owners wouldn't make so many videos proving that it's not just us Cybertruck fan boys and girls that love Cybertruck, even the uninformed masses, young and old alike, love the radical new look, without even knowing all the goodies under the skin.

These kinds of videos rile up those who are afraid of Cybertrucks success and that's bound to make them double-down on heaping on the negativity. It pretty much annihilates their argument that Cybertruck is too ugly and will never find more than a niche acceptance, so they have to resort to other types of FUD. Because it's pretty obvious that most regular people (non-Tesla fans) love the way it looks, even if the love sinks in a little slowly.

It certainly looks like no Tesla that came before it. Of course, the Tesla naysayers tried to say previous Tesla models looked ugly too, if I recall correctly!

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In addition to the price being too high when I received the email on Dec. 8th to configure an FS. This video confirms the craziness I want to avoid with being the first CT driving around. I have been concerned about that for 4 years, since I reserved the night of the reveal. Everyone is different, my wife and I would be really be uncomfortable with that much attention everywhere we go. And I can't imagine having that in my driveway. Too much craziness around it. When Tesla announced the prices at the reveal, I felt like within 6 months there would be Cybertrucks everywhere because the demand would be phenomenal. But here we are in 2024, and the price is double for an FS, and Tesla is talking like a very slow ramp up. I'm buying a model Y and going to wait maybe 5 years for the prices and craziness to become something I am willing to go with.
I hear you, I'm not much of a fan of attracting attention, especially not from complete strangers.

But when I got invited to configure my reservation far earlier than I expected, and Elon said the early ramp will be slow and methodical, I decided it wasn't worth fighting my desire to be incognito, so I made a decision to embrace the awkward attention and make the most of it. Maybe It'll be good for me to step outside my normal comfort zone and embrace a new thing. :)

Now that I've embraced it mentally, I'm kind of looking forward to it. I might even encourage select perfect strangers to take it for a short spin occasionally, to check out the driving dynamics.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
even "The Rock" didn't have a clue what CT was on Rogan, makes me think he either has rock head or lives under a rock
It's also possible that those of us on Cybertruck Owner's Club live in a bubble that is different from most people's bubble.

NiceCybertruck

First Name
Erick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sig Model X, 3 Model 3's, & Cyber Beast (soon)
Occupation
Pharmacist
Country flag
even "The Rock" didn't have a clue what CT was on Rogan, makes me think he either has rock head or lives under a rock
This Rock guy, is the same guy who made a TikTok or YouTube video, about visiting In-N-Out Burgers for the 1st time in his life… twice 😂

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
It's also possible that those of us on Cybertruck Owner's Club live in a bubble that is different from most people's bubble.
Reminds me of the curious way AI models can hallucinate...

Wait, we are actual people, right?

PBarré

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Forester, Rogue
Country flag
Check the spreadsheet to determine how many CTs there will be in your town/location!

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
These guys remind me of high school, where you try to wear your best shirt to impress people.

Oh the internet is glorious…

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Check the spreadsheet to determine how many CTs there will be in your town/location!
I admit to being concerned about there being a crowd of gawkers every time I stop the Cybertruck. This is a function of being the first to get one. Yes it is problematic.

But what of the opposite end of the spectrum?

You wait a couple years and get your beloved CT. After driving off from the dealer, you pull up to a stop light. There is another Ct to your left. And one in front. And one in back. In fact, it is the most common truck on the road. You are not unique and special. You are just another run of the mill trucker. One of millions.

The Austin homeless population is zero, because the Giga Austin plant has expanded to cover all the available land west to Lake Travis. You are sunk in deep, abject misery and hopelessness.

Walking out of a store, it's impossible to even figure which your truck is from a parking lot of Cybertrucks. Longingly you wish you'd gotten that matte black option, only fourteen here have that. And forget using Summon, all the traffic lanes are full of the creeping driverless.
Sponsored