egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Sigh…..it’s going to be a very long 1 and half years!
My order placement (for whatever it's actually worth) is around 120,000. More like 2+ years for me.

The temptation to buy a MY and a utility trailer is strong...
Sponsored

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I saw a wild Rivian at a gas station a couple days ago. Owner was in the convenience store. Stomach still needs it’s guilty pleasures.

Got me thinking about early CT reservation holders. When I see your CT in the wild while waiting on mine, I will approach, expect a ride and minimum 1,000 questions are to be answered.

This takes priority over your wife’s or your labor or other emergency, you owe it to the rest of us. ?
I think we need to prepare for the start of deliveries by adding something to the forum. There should be a place to note the latest reservation number being served. It is my understanding that Tesla sends a letter, email or something a couple of weeks prior to a vehicle being available. A place to note your # and the date of your letter would be easy to add. If even a small percentage of those on the forum filled that out then we all would get a pretty good handle on when we would get our truck. I will leave it to the administrators to figure out how best to do this If you would like this addition just like the post.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I find it odd that they have apparently multiple trucks with camouflage wrap on them at this point in the process. Usually they use those to hide new body styles but we've seen the body style. Are they making some last minute changes?
I don’t know, but when I saw the rivian in Santa Cruz I thought wth, my wife and I started tripping out on the wrap or whatever. cuz I said who’s rivian is that?
must be Tony the Tigers making a statement that “they’re great” marketing run. Yup has to be.
Tesla Cybertruck Videos: Cybertruck in the wild with no door handles! 1632849817302

But… In a matter a few seconds I knew ummm not so great.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Btw, I do love Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes and Tony the Tiger. Just saying. ?

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Looks like the hills behind Fremont. Probably preparing for a trip to the stockholders meeting in Austin. Yes, it does look like the same ONE we've seen before.

What I look forward to is a video with multiple Cybertrucks in it!
I was thinking the same thing. It kind of looks like you can see the outline of a handle in the second video and it wouldn't surprise me if they did remove the handle that they would just weld on a piece of stainless over that opening and grind it/sand it to even it out. that would seem fairly easy to accomplish with 3mm stainless and would explain why you can still see somewhat of an outline of where the handle use to be. Elon did say that there would be no handles so there you have it.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
I still cant bring myself to see the $70k value of the rivian truck. The $70k ICE trucks out there right now seem way cooler. Now the CT... thats a $70k truck.

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now you got me looking at old pictures and this one ??

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Someone suggested the window trim was different too. I'm too busy to check right now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I still cant bring myself to see the $70k value of the rivian truck. The $70k ICE trucks out there right now seem way cooler. Now the CT... thats a $70k truck.
I think for my $70k having that 500 mile range is pretty much mandatory.

Otherwise, the dual motor Cybertruck is value for days.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag

cyberbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
In the second video, whats with the dark front of the vehicle it doesn’t look like it’s stainless, it looks different than the original prototype. I don’t think it’s a shadow because it moves when the vehicle moves.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
In the second video, whats with the dark front of the vehicle it doesn’t look like it’s stainless, it looks different than the original prototype. I don’t think it’s a shadow because it moves when the vehicle moves.
Are you talking about the diagonal on the side of the nose?

I think that's just the lighting. Sun is coming from behind and to the left of the photographer leaving that panel somewhat shaded so you are just getting the black reflection of the pavement.

Tesla Cybertruck Videos: Cybertruck in the wild with no door handles! Screen Shot 2021-09-28 at 1.36.43 PM

cyberbear

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Electrician/inventor/retired
Country flag
I went back to the original video, and the light is coming from the side almost 90° to the side.. I don’t think it’s a reflection of the pavement. It may be something to do with crash worthiness for pedestrians. A new bumper design?

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag