Country flag
Last edited:

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
Making a pitch for votes for the McAlester OK station. It is 205 miles between Denison TX and Van Buren AR. That makes the drive from Houston to NW Arkansas extremely difficult in anything short of a Model S. (A drive I do fairly regularly.) You have to charge to > 90% at Denison (takes forever) if you hope to arrive with a reasonable 10% + buffer. Help a brother out with a vote for McAlester.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Making a pitch for votes for the McAlester OK station. It is 205 miles between Denison TX and Van Buren AR. That makes the drive from Houston to NW Arkansas extremely difficult in anything short of a Model S. (A drive I do fairly regularly.) You have to charge to > 90% at Denison (takes forever) if you hope to arrive with a reasonable 10% + buffer. Help a brother out with a vote for McAlester.
That is a long lonely stretch, some places out west like that. Really hope they focus on some of these places that don't have a supercharger for 150+ miles on highways.
Some of those gaps we won't make if towing something and only have 100 miles or so of range :(

Reactions: Jed

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
BayouCityBob, did you notice on the voting map that there is a greyed out charging icon in Henryetta OK? There's no mention of construction or even a permit at that location on https://supercharge.info/map . Users on that site usually somehow stumble across permits for locations months before construction starts, but in Henryetta, bupkis! I've been politicking for a charger between Van Buren AR and OKC for years! Back before there was one in Tulsa (now two) Tesla's route planner routed me thru Dallas to get from Little Rock to OKC. A mileage increase from 340 miles to 525 miles. 😳

Would a Henryetta charger solve/help your problem? BTW I voted for McAllister for you!!! If you'd like to help me out, a vote for Walla Walla WA and/or Lewiston ID would help me tour geology sites in that section of SE Washington State.😃

Tesla Cybertruck Vote for new supercharger locations Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 10.38.39

Last edited:
Reactions: Jed

BayouCityBob

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3
Country flag
BayouCityBob, did you notice on the voting map that there is a greyed out charging icon in Henryetta OK? There's no mention of construction or even a permit at that location on https://supercharge.info/map . Users on that site usually somehow stumble across permits for locations months before construction starts, but in Henryetta, bupkis! I've been politicking for a charger between Van Buren AR and OKC for years! Back before there was one in Tulsa (now two) Tesla's route planner routed me thru Dallas to get from Little Rock to OKC. A mileage increase from 340 miles to 525 miles. 😳

Would a Henryetta charger solve/help your problem? BTW I voted for McAllister for you!!! If you'd like to help me out, a vote for Walla Walla WA and/or Lewiston ID would help me tour geology sites in that section of SE Washington State.😃

Screenshot 2023-12-31 at 10.38.39.png
Thanks for voting! My "wife" voted for Lewiston for you since I had already cast my votes. ;-) Henryetta will be good in a pinch but requires a 45 minute+ detour. McAlester puts a station in a big charging desert in the middle of the Choctaw/Semiole/Muscogee nations territories.
Sponsored

Last edited: