Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
I had a strange interaction today. I am in FL and had my VIN for about 13 days Feb 28th. I reached out to my local Tesla dealer today March 12th to get a status and the result made me curious on what is really happening.

I called and after being on hold for a few min was connected to someone who identified themselves as being at the location. I told them I was looking to get a status and they ask for my reservation and I provided it.

Here is when it started to get weird. He replied with my name and said all I can see is that your CT is on its way, nothing else shows. Then he says hold on let me se if I can get more info.

He comes back to the phone and says oh you don’t have a VIN yet so you need to wait until you get a VIN. I said I have a VIN already, I am looking at it. He says oh you have a VIN I said yes. Puts me on hold, comes back and says your truck is here already. We need 2 days for prep someone will be reaching out to you in a few days to coordinate delivery. I replied so my truck is already at the location , he says yes.

My question is has anyone else experienced anything like that before and based on the high demand do you think they are giving your truck away to other people?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Wow.

Not sure anyone would know if their truck was given away.

Probably they hadn't completed the check in of the vehicle. That's just bad inventory management...

I'd heard Tesla has been stingy about hiring new people at the service centers but this seems more proof of it.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
Wow.

Probably they hadn't completed the check in of the vehicle. That's just bad inventory management...

I'd heard Tesla has been stingy about hiring new people at the service centers but this seems more proof of it.

-Crissa
To be honest technically all they would have to do is change your VIN in the app.

You are right, you would never know, that’s what made me wonder how some people That we all know did not have reservations on day one received CT.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
I had a strange interaction today. I am in FL and had my VIN for about 13 days Feb 28th. I reached out to my local Tesla dealer today March 12th to get a status and the result made me curious on what is really happening.

I called and after being on hold for a few min was connected to someone who identified themselves as being at the location. I told them I was looking to get a status and they ask for my reservation and I provided it.

Here is when it started to get weird. He replied with my name and said all I can see is that your CT is on its way, nothing else shows. Then he says hold on let me se if I can get more info.

He comes back to the phone and says oh you don’t have a VIN yet so you need to wait until you get a VIN. I said I have a VIN already, I am looking at it. He says oh you have a VIN I said yes. Puts me on hold, comes back and says your truck is here already. We need 2 days for prep someone will be reaching out to you in a few days to coordinate delivery. I replied so my truck is already at the location , he says yes.

My question is has anyone else experienced anything like that before and based on the high demand do you think they are giving your truck away to other people?
I just arrived in AZ, went to the Glendale AZ showroom and lord and behold, half a dozens of FS CTs there plus a showroom display that you can sit in!! Came across a FS CT owner and he told me that most CTs needs SC QCs done due to a few parts that needed replacement, so even though their CTs have arrived at the showroom, no one is allowed to drive off with them until all the parts are replaced and final QC is completed. I was told is has taking anywhere from 2-7 days or longer to complete these tasks once the CT arrives.
I was also told by Tesla rep here that they have already delivered over 10 CTs and 1 Cyberbeast to a well known individual 🤓

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_103018

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_103106

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_102713

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_102033

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_101725

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_105452

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_101449

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_101443

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_101022

Tesla Cybertruck Weird interaction with Tesla on Status of CT 20240312_101530

Last edited:

OP
OP

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
I called and check again, being told it’s not at the Fort Lauderdale location. Current location is in Miami. The Miami location is actually closer to me but for some reason they have to wait for it to be moved to Fort Lauderdale 30min North to schedule delivery. The rep told me they are only doing Cyber Truck deliveries at Fort Lauderdale and they are swamped. None of this makes any sense. Rep said I should get an automated message once ready. 🙄

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Bronco SAS Badlands
Country flag
Sounds to me that only FLL is approved/trained to deliver them.

OP
OP

Ghostface113

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P100D
Country flag
You may be right, especially with corrections or known issues related to transport or any Cyber Truck related nuances. The secrecy around it all is what’s annoying.

Last edited:

MajorVictory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
It smells of errant part upgrades pending and/or local incompetence and apathy.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
To be honest technically all they would have to do is change your VIN in the app.

You are right, you would never know, that’s what made me wonder how some people That we all know did not have reservations on day one received CT.
I think that they set aside a certain number of Cybertrucks for their buds and when they send out invitations, like the one that went to Joe Tegtmeyer, if they accept the invitation, they just pull a truck out of their buddy-list lot and prep it for that person. I doubt that they do something like that at the Service Center or showroom.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I called and check again, being told it’s not at the Fort Lauderdale location. Current location is in Miami. The Miami location is actually closer to me but for some reason they have to wait for it to be moved to Fort Lauderdale 30min North to schedule delivery. The rep told me they are only doing Cyber Truck deliveries at Fort Lauderdale and they are swamped. None of this makes any sense. Rep said I should get an automated message once ready. 🙄
Instead of being paranoid and seeing conspiracies that aren't there, maybe you should be super happy instead.

CyberTruckeeTheOne

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
Wow.

-Crissa
Not in my place.

I made a visit as I heard they already have one on display and I was mobbed by advisors each tripping one another to answer my question.

And each one has different answer. :rolleyes:
Sponsored