What should I expect by way of delivery procedure?

OP
OP

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Has there been any update on this important issue:

After someone bought a used Tesla from the original owner, Tesla turned off a costly electronic upgrade "because the new owner didn't pay Tesla for it" (causing consternation and outrage).
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Has there been any update on this important issue:

After someone bought a used Tesla from the original owner, Tesla turned off a costly electronic upgrade "because the new owner didn't pay Tesla for it" (causing consternation and outrage).
I heard the story differently. The car was sold by tesla at auction to a dealer who sold it to a customer. When Tesla sold the car they didn't sell it with fsd because original owner retained fsd on his account. The dealer advertised the car as having fsd but fsd is a software license and not part of the car and the end buyer never bought or owned a fsd software license.

OP
OP

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
I heard the story differently. The car was sold by tesla at auction to a dealer who sold it to a customer. When Tesla sold the car they didn't sell it with fsd because original owner retained fsd on his account. The dealer advertised the car as having fsd but fsd is a software license and not part of the car and the end buyer never bought or owned a fsd software license.
Thanks, it's a relief to hear that. I guess what sounds outrageous makes the news; a simple reasonable explanation does not.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anyone know how it works if your closest Tesla center is over 2 hours away by car?

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
They will deliver the car to you but the circumstances under which they will do that vary with time and place. In some cases they drive the car to you and the delivery chap Uber's back. In some cases the vehicle is delivered on a truck by a freight company. For my first Tesla they wanted to bring it to me (to prevent congestion at the store, I am guessing). For my second the app said "Home delivery not available at this location". That was about 15 months apart (the store is about 5 mi. from my house).

You could always travel to the store and pick it up but be cautious if you decide to do that and the store is in another state. You can get caught up in double registration/taxation situations if you are not careful.

A lot can change between now and when the CT's will be rolling out to customers but I expect that you will experience something like what I described above.

OP
OP

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Thanks, it's a relief to hear that. I guess what sounds outrageous makes the news; a simple reasonable explanation does not.
Another question, because there's more to delivery timing than when they start to roll out the factory door.

Will deliveries follow the order sequence, or what might affect the timing? For instance, maybe certain locations relative to the factory will or won't be served early (I'm in Canada). Maybe certain types of buyers (like Tesla owners) will cut in line. And will buyers be informed as to how the model and options chosen will affect delivery timing?

Any clues based on other Tesla models?

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M3, BMW X5d, Ford F-150 Lariat
Country flag
I’m hoping they offer pickup at the Texas giga factory. I would love to fly down to Texas and drive my new CT back home.
Sponsored