SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Outside of the CT reveal 18 months ago, there really has been any factual reveals about the CT, other then the comment we assume to be true from Elon that the CT will not have door handles.

I'm not even the sure the yoke steering wheel has been confirmed.

Also not sure the testing in Alaska is real.

The new photo sent to Sandy Munro showing the cast 4680 battery pack, just confirms what was stated in the reveal and then does a lot of speculating, not by Sandy, but by some "expert" sourced by the article author. We don't even know if it was for a CT, just that it was for the 4680 pack.

All the pictures we've seen at different venues allow all of us to speculate about things, but we don't know what will and what will not actually make it into production.

I often check the Tesla CT page just to see if they make any changes to what is written regarding the specs or even the narratives and I haven't noticed any changes since the reveal...other then FSD pricing.

I thought about making this a poll, but I think I'd rather just see comments about what you all think the next confirmed reveal, from a Tesla source will be (usually Elon...via twitter).

I put a couple things in the high probability category for future news. I suspect sometime in the near future (60 days) we'll see a photo or video or two from testing in Alaska...(I personally think this is happening even though there's next to no info on it). But I doubt that will show us anything definitive, unless the photo or video comes with a narrative from a Tesla source. I also think Sandy Munro will provide some additional insight on the photo, hopefully with some level of confirmation from Tesla, because he really didn't say much about the photo when he showed it.

Regarding the often used "We don't know what we don't know", I actually don't think we'll get any confirmation about anything else until the the production reveal, which I think will be sometime in the early 4th Qtr this year. Since most of the news seems to come directly from Elon and he's a little busy, putting up what is now 25% of ALL the active satellites currently on orbit; launching astronauts on dragon capsules; recovering astronauts in dragon capsules; testing and landing Starships; prepping to put Starships into orbit, building a couple factories around the world; working on a couple other cars; hopefully continuing to work on making Tesla insurance nationwide; perfecting the solar roof; providing one of; if not THE cheapest home solar panel systems on the market; making iterative changes to the powerwall; and doing who knows what with neurolink; etc. Though I'm hopeful for some actual news...maybe after the best selling truck in the world and in America for the last 44 years has it's news release next week! Something other then a congratulatory tweet from Elon for moving the needle forward would be great. Even if it's just about the damn windshield wipers, bed track or bed floor "slots", or ....and I don't want to ask too much, but in the words and voice of the Oak Island narrator..."Could it be...side view mirrors?" It's the little things in the life us CT reservation holders seek.

Anyway, what do you think the next piece of CT information to be revealed from a Tesla source will be? Or do you think we won't get any until the production reveal?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yakuza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Datsun
Country flag
Sometime next year. It’s fun to talk about the CT, but since the unveiling, we’ve gone through a pandemic and global recession, with commodities prices increasing everywhere. They still don’t have the 4680s down yet and won’t until maybe next year, and with the kind of range/price they are talking about with the CT, they absolutely need it. Seems they are rightfully more worried about scaling up the 3/Y and the Texas factory still has a while to go

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
If I had to guess, Ford will do it's big reveal on the 19th and then a week or so later we'll see the "final design" of the CT in a picture and then later on get a final update in the ordering site and maybe a video. This would be if they intent to one up ford and rivian.

At the lastest, I'd guess we're going to see it after the prototypes start rolling out of Fremont and around the Bay area. Then we'll get confirmed features and such at that point.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
@lancethibault
don't think we'll get any confirmation about anything else until the the production
AGREED way its supposed to work!

I want “NO” information , leak or otherwise, until its the Real Thing™️

I punched my ticket. Its a great ride. Will be even better getting it as an Easter Egg! LOL

TESLA have everything to gain by holding its CT hole cards close to the table in this BEV poker match that’s emerged.
Sponsored