What will you be towing with your Cybertruck?

• Total voters

ldjessee

First Name
Lloyd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Leaf, MYLR, Kaw 1700 Vaquero
Occupation
Business Intelligence Manager & Analyst
Country flag
Keystone Bullet Trailer
Now if the would just round out the back like they have the front, and it would be even better.

Though a little better, aerodynamically, all of those things sticking off of it into the air flow, as well as not putting the air back behind it still makes it not very aerodynamic. Think of a fish or bird. They taper at the back to cut down on drag. If a trailer manufacturer did that for a CyberTruck trailer (marketed to be paired with, not needed to be official licensed, etc), it would greatly cut down on the range losses when towing.
Sponsored

AustroTom

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.schwaigerdesign.com
Vehicles
2023 MX, 2017 MS, 2018 M3, Slvdo 2500HD,CT Tri res
Occupation
Artistic metal
Country flag
The TFL video is somewhat skewed, they are trying to get views. I tow a 16 ft V nose enclosed utility trailer with a Model X (looks very similar to theirs except not a horse trailer). I take the same 800 mile route with and without the trailer that has a lot of mountain passes with large climbs. I get about 380-400 Wt/Mi on route without trailer and average about 750-800 Wt/Mi with trailer. Aerodynamics and wind makes much more difference than weight. I do not see a big difference when full vs empty but wind or higher speed makes huge difference. End up charging 2x as often. The other thing is not all chargers have places to charge with trailer attached without blocking other spots. There are only a few pull in or pull through spots at most charger locations. I have yet to have to unhook to charge but have had to be creative at times.
Hello Deemo
Seeing that you mention San Diego and Las Vegas for your location I'm assuming you're talking about the I 15 stretch between the two locations. I've been to the Bakersfield sc before and it seems this one to be the only one you won't have to unhook, correct?

datechboss101

First Name
Akaash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Acura MDX
Occupation
IT Help Desk
Country flag
I'll be towing my MDX to shops and car shows. I will also be attaining a racecar down the line and will be towing that to shops and to race tracks (will be frequenting Sebring International Raceway). The trailer will be an enclosed trailer that would be able to fit my MDX and racecar.

SublimeMudTime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 4runner and CT on order.
Country flag
I will be towing a 1987 M998 (military hmmwv) on a tandem axle car hauler.

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
Probably won't tow much of anything. But I will use the hitch receiver. I have a bike rack that mounts to a receiver. We also like to use a cargo carrier like the one below. It will be nice to have the air suspension for that. On other vehicles when I load up the cargo carrier it makes my headlights point up into oncoming driver's eyes.

81kWNxBjelL._AC_SL1500_.jpg
Yup. That looks nice just to keep in the vault until needed. I plan on filling up the vault with a tent, tables, chairs and R/C helicopter gear for the field. Once in a while, maybe the Can Am Outlander, but that will just drive up and in. I don't really have any plans buy a trailer in the future to tow anything with it, but it will be nice to always have the option.

boots_whitlock

First Name
Boots
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Veteran
Country flag
With the version I ordered (2 motor)I wonder how far I can go towing a little airstream camper trailer. Just go on family trips in the boondocks. 100 miles? What do you think?

Boots

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
Sorry I don't think I can vote yet.

This will be my first truck, so I don't currently own anything towable but I might get a small boat or kayak trailer or other small 1 axle trailer for hauling gear/items. Or I might consider getting a 10 - 15 foot camper. ? So many choices.

I have driven trucks with trailers and boats. I've also driven cars with small trailers. The CT should make boat loading/unloading at ramp super fun and easier than it is with an ICE ? anybody else looking for CT "boat ramp summon" feature ? ?

HugeinChina

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT3 reservation
Occupation
Data professional
Country flag
I voted "boat" but as it's perhaps 0.6 mi from my house to the ramp and it's in in the spring and out in the fall (i.e. 1.2 miles per year) perhaps I should not have.
Low-key brag about how close he lives to his fishing hole. I see you, sir. :p

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I want to tow a race car to a racetrack for weekend fun. I’ll probably get an enclosed trailer to lower drag. Unfortunately the track is 160 miles from my house and there are several mountains in the way so range will be tight with the dual motor.
The lowest drag for a racecar will be on a flatbed that is sized properly for the car.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I'll say it again. A vehicle presents several loads to its power source. Satisfying these loads requires energy which comes from petrol or a battery depending on which kind of vehicle you are operating. A trailer is a vehicle. If you add one to your car or truck the energy requirements go up, the energy store is depleted faster and you must refuel/recharge more frequently. Pulling a trailer is always a PITA from this perspective. It's ameliorated by using a longer range vehicle i.e. one with more fuel on board. An X is a 350 mile vehicle with practical range of 280 mi. A CT is a 500 mi vehicle with practical range 400. Things will be better from the refueling perspective with a CT as compared to an X but not as compared to a diesel with unburdened range of 700 or 800 miles. This is the one area in which ICE has an advantage over electric.
I agree. The Cybertruck will excel at towing heavy loads locally, over a one or two county area where you don't need to charge in the middle of the day. This covers a lot of the heavier towing done with standard pick-up trucks, jobsite tool and materials trailers, backhoes, bobcats, ditch diggers, etc. to the jobsite in the local area where a company does business. Also, boats to the lake or bay, motorcycles/atv's to the local riding area, canoe/kayak trailers for boat rentals, hang glider trailers to the site clubs launch from, crab pot trailers from winter storage to the boat, and the list goes on.

Towing RV's for a 'grand' summer tour of the American West is a special use case that is still served best by diesel (or not at all). For the last couple of decades I've done spring-fall motorcycle sport-touring around the American West and I've shared the roads with a lot of large motorhomes and RV's. Most of them have a lot crap loaded up, motorbikes, boats, town vehicles, etc. They struggle up mountain passes while leaving a big black cloud billowing behind them. On the decent many of them are close to careening out of control with the smell of burning brakes in the air. I wonder why they need to bring so much crap with them.

I accelerate by them on two wheels with a few changes of clean undies, shirts and shorts in my slim hardbags and feel like they don't know how to tour if they need all that crap just to eat and sleep and have fun. I can stay in beautiful lakeside room just for the cost of the fuel they burn in one day. They still have to pull into a campsite and do all the RV stuff before they go to bed surrounded by other RV's without privacy fences while they eat their pre-packaged dinners.

If I were to tour with four wheels I would either rent a room and sample the local cuisine or bring a tent that I could pitch anywhere. All that crap people bring with them does not make the tour any better, it just fills their day with tasks to do. Maybe they feel a sense of accomplishment after hauling everything, including a kitchen sink, over the mountains?

Augsu

First Name
Auguste
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
78 Cevy K30, 79 F600, 74 IH D200, 17 Bolt...
Occupation
Dock construction business
Country flag
I will be replacing my F600 and Chevy 1 ton that I use to pull my workboat and various trailers.