Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Tesla already lets you 'lend' the car to other people through the phone app and check up on it that way, too.

I don't know how granular these are, tho.

-Crissa
If that’s working then the rest is just a software problem. ??

Just need to get Tesla’s attention to implement whatever other features we desire.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It doesn't need to identify faces to know not to run over an obstacle.

Studies show horses can't identify faces, so...

-Crissa
Really? What about dogs, they seem to. Maybe horses can identify people better with smell or hearing and don’t need vision to do it. Not that this is germaine to the topic but it is interesting.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Really? What about dogs, they seem to. Maybe horses can identify people better with smell or hearing and don’t need vision to do it. Not that this is germaine to the topic but it is interesting.
Dogs, cats, and crows seem to manage us monkey faces. Horses might attach more value to groups than individuals, which might explain it. Their visual acuity is weird. I don't know, we'll see if this data gets repeated over time or not.

-Crissa

Last edited:

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
While I am more likely to be carrying my cellphone than a wallet I do not always carry either of them. Most times my wallet is in my truck. Sometimes I leave my phone in the truck also because it would get damaged by whatever I'm doing. My metal key is the most durable small identity device and I carry it. I could probably carry a key card and not damage it just as easy but really hope I don't have too.
Does anyone know... how do I lock the vehicle if I'm leaving my phone and key card in it? Say I'm going kayaking...

T3slaDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, RWD Cybertruck
Country flag
I'm sure they'll have a place on the dash to put the key card, or heaven forbid they go with a fob like the S/X. I've only had to use my key card when lending my M3 to family members. Tried through the app once, but it's a hassle unlocking the car and remote starting it for them whenever they need it haha!

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I would like to see something inventive. The CT has already shattered the box in design, why should its key be anything overly simplistic. Too, I would like the valet function to be on my iPhone, where I can simply say into my phone, "set valet 1" or "set valet 2", and my CT allows for another driver, and my presets limit the function of my CT - possibly even locking out certain tablet and other functions.
Sponsored