Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Tesla, has done well to avoid dealerships. They won’t support electric vehicles. EV owners don’t need or want to deal with a dealership.
I heard the GM is also planning to start a separate commercial EV business bypassing the dealerships (bright star or something like that). The age of dealerships is nearing its “sell by date” and it will end soon along with the ICE industry.
Pretty soon there will be a legislation to remove to protectionist laws and lot of them will close shop. The remaining “dealerships” will become glorified service centers and “used car dealerships”. LOL.
Sponsored

Akgolf

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 and 2022 Tesla Model Ys
Occupation
Retired Computer Programmer, USAF
Country flag
Tesla, has done well to avoid dealerships. They won’t support electric vehicles. EV owners don’t need or want to deal with a dealership.
I agree.

BTW, is Nipomo your name or where you live? I used to live in Arroyo Grande, not far from Nipomo.

Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
What are these guys even talking about? They realize this is on the internet forever so that we can quote them being this wrong and bold about their fud in 20 years, right?

Is this the same Ford and GM that were showing off electric sedans in the 90s and have nothing to show for it? The same Ford that benched all their EV projects until Tesla showed up? The same Crysler that discarded their turbine engine in the 60s because it "polluted too much", even though it could be run on tequila?

I just want to be sure, because I'm only 32 and I've been hearing from legacy automakers about how EVs are the future since I was cognisant, but I've yet to see any of them actually create an electric car worth a damn. Suddenly someone comes along and shows it's viable and the entire defense force shows up to phone it in.

I'm a truck guy, I've had several, I drive one every day to job sites and use it for moving machines and tools where I need them and I can't wait for my cybertruck. The people that buy trucks for status should be a moot point, they always follow downstream of the economic sector that uses them most.

Dollar for dollar an EV truck makes nothing but sense for businesses, and once they become normalized I can guarantee that you're going to see this aftermarket support and every ugly clip in grill you can imagine. Truck culture is a thing, but it's something that has changed and evolved with the times, not some cornerstone of Americana that never changes.
I've been waiting for this truck. Had Chevys, fords, toyotas, mazdas. All a pile of junk in a few years. There are so many reasons this is the truck for me. Work as a farmer and landscaper. I need a sturdy vehicle. Since we live off grid for 40 years this is the perfect truck for me, and the best looking.
Sponsored