Will the Cybertruck Body Cause Glare Issues for Other Drivers?

GBearFan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1998 Toyota Camry XLE, 2010 Lexus ES350
Country flag
I live in the land of the frivolous lawsuits (IL). Will the surface of this vehicle cause issues for other drivers during early morning and late day sun or from headlights of vehicles traveling behind it at night?
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
I live in the land of the frivolous lawsuits (IL). Will the surface of this vehicle cause issues for other drivers during early morning and late day sun or from headlights of vehicles traveling behind it at night?
Probably not because the surface is not polished to the point where it is a specular reflector. That doesn't mean someone won't file a suit, however.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
No

Off camber and off axis panels that comprise the exterior of the CT greatly reduce in-plane refections to near-Zero.

USAF, aliens and commercial pilots will definitely have sightings from above!

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
You could fairly easily knock down the glare by having it buffed or sanded to a lower sheen. I am sure this will become a thing once the CT is out as a way for people to differentiate.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Flat planes only glare in specific angles. Curves, however, have many angles. So any glare wouldn't last long, unlike on a curve.

-Crissa
Sponsored