Will Cybertruck drivers be prone to road rage?

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I had noticed the tendency to drive more aggressively in my dads F-350 when I was a teenager. It made me feel powerful and invulnerable. And yes I was carrying a bit of anger already and still do but I have learned over the past 20 or so years to keep it in check enough that friends have commented how chill I am when people are cutting me off.

You would probably be surprised at how often even Canada has mass shootings. The United States has a much higher rate of reporting by the media.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/photos/wor...adliest-attacks-in-the-country-14653431-5.htm
nothing like 'murica!
Sponsored

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 3; Smartcar; F150 Raptor; Avalanche 2500 4x4
Country flag
Over the last 10-15 years Milwaukee has been creating bike lanes on many city streets. Often taking out a car lane, and replacing it with a bike lane and parking and/or a center left turn lane.. Many car drivers use the bike lane as extra car lane and are always driving in it. It should be a requirement that you have to ride a bike in the city for a year before getting a driver's license. As for cars using the "bike lanes," why not? Never hardly ever see bikes on them - like way less than 1% of the times - or like me, they are on the sidewalks.
Where I live, there are bike lanes on many streets. They are in most places clogged with cars parked by the curb and with the big city garbage cans. When I bike, I seldom use those kinds of lanes because they are plain dangerous. I use the sidewalk. Granted, there are other streets, where there are no houses along the side, that do not have these issues.

I drive a F150 raptor, which certainly qualifies as a big scary truck, and purposefully go extra slow or stop for pedestsrians or virtually anybody, just because it looks big and scary.

But the CT will have another aspect - not only big and scary, but silent. Deer certainly like me T3, they don't run off when I come by in it, even a few feet away. I suspect the same will be true with the CT. It simply doesn' t have that predator like growl of ICE vehicles.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Where I live, there are bike lanes on many streets. They are in most places clogged with cars parked by the curb and with the big city garbage cans. When I bike, I seldom use those kinds of lanes because they are plain dangerous. I use the sidewalk. Granted, there are other streets, where there are no houses along the side, that do not have these issues.

I drive a F150 raptor, which certainly qualifies as a big scary truck, and purposefully go extra slow or stop for pedestsrians or virtually anybody, just because it looks big and scary.

But the CT will have another aspect - not only big and scary, but silent. Deer certainly like me T3, they don't run off when I come by in it, even a few feet away. I suspect the same will be true with the CT. It simply doesn' t have that predator like growl of ICE vehicles.
It's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk in Milwaukee if you are over 12 years old.
Parking space is almost always separate from the bike lane with extremely few exceptions.
Not sure what big city garbage cans are, or why they're in the bike lane.

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's illegal to ride a bike on the sidewalk in Milwaukee if you are over 12 years old.
Parking space is almost always separate from the bike lane with extremely few exceptions.
Not sure what big city garbage cans are, or why they're in the bike lane.
If your city has suburban streets where cars don not park say six cars per block in bike lanes my behavior would certainly adapt. Garbage cans are 96 gallon things with two wheels capable of pickup by robot arm.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
True, but there are also different kinds of road rage. I go ballistic when someone drives up the median when everyone else is at a standstill. Same when someone litters, or drives a foot behind me, etc. At that point I used to be a kind of vigilante. I know it is the job of the CHP to stop these things from happening but they don’t and that is a cause for vigilantism. Now I tend to shake my head.

Another form of road rage is people that don’t like you for some reason inside their heads and act on that emotion.

I suspect that the first kind of road rage can be avoided by driving reasonably (I.e., with common sense). The latter type will probably be somewhat mitigated by the fact that the CT will be like a tank.
I know.. me too...

There should be a point system, report them on an app. Get enough points... Capital punishment!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Back when I actually drove to the office, my route home took me over a congested street with a bike lane. Inevitably, there would be multiple Very Important Persons that could just squeeze by the long line of cars using the bike lane, thereby cutting in front of all the other suckers waiting patiently.

As this offended my sensibilities, I took the habit of crowding the bike lane demarcation line, making it impassible to cars. Do you believe this resulted in the drivers:

A) waiting and/or merging back into traffic​
B) climbing the curb to use the sidewalk​
C) honking angrily at the asshole blocking the "express lane"​

If you answered "B and C" then you are correct.
I have so many stories of being honked and yelled at or glancing hit and...

...The one that always comes to mind was one when I was with my spouse, where the bike-lane ended as we entered Soquel village and went over the old bridge. The speed limit drops to 25, but it's at the bottom of a hill so we're...

...going 25. And this guy comes up behind us, honks, and yells at us to "get out of the road," as he roars past us...

...And it's not even 100m to the light and line of cars waiting at the next block. We rolled past him at the light.

So useless and where were we supposed to go? Into the creek?

-Crissa

Last edited:

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Did you have a paddle ?

mhaze

First Name
mhike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I know.. me too...

There should be a point system, report them on an app. Get enough points... Capital punishment!
Even better, FSG of the CT should handle both Ragee and Ragoor as appropriate to the circumstances. After all, the police are quite busy, and appropriate legislation would legalize spot justice, the technical term for which is " instant field judiciary powers."

Of course, this would cause a slight inconvenience to you, the Driver Human who is of course not driving but is in the appropriate designated Human Supervisory Position for Driving Management in the Cybertruck.

Wouldn't you be happy, knowing that although it was a few minutes of your day lost, for the Greatest Greater Good the truck metered out Justice for the barbarian hordes of RoadRagies and possibly an occasional errant trash can or two?
Sponsored

Last edited: