WSJ- Biden admin to funnel $13B to EV manufacturers with unions. Screwing Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
I am, in broad terms, pro-worker and generally pro-union, at least in terms of it being a protected right and option for employees. Unfortunately I hate this political lobbying we've seen from the UAW, and the corresponding compliance we've seen from Joe. I think it's vital the free market be preserved, and government interference by providing financial incentive for unionized companies is messing with that. I'm cool with the gov't providing incentive to keep auto jobs domestic - in fact I think it's a vital strategy and will pay itself back many times over - but the unionized requirement just seems ugly to me. Support any company, foreign or domestic, union or no, that will invest in the country and create jobs.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I am, in broad terms, pro-worker and generally pro-union, at least in terms of it being a protected right and option for employees. Unfortunately I hate this political lobbying we've seen from the UAW, and the corresponding compliance we've seen from Joe. I think it's vital the free market be preserved, and government interference by providing financial incentive for unionized companies is messing with that. I'm cool with the gov't providing incentive to keep auto jobs domestic - in fact I think it's a vital strategy and will pay itself back many times over - but the unionized requirement just seems ugly to me. Support any company, foreign or domestic, union or no, that will invest in the country and create jobs.
Let the record state that Biden hasn't actually let the UAW change his position on EVs, or the legislation that actually got passed. He kept trying, and got it passed without their silly riders.

Sometimes you gotta let them think they're winning, string them out and give them one thing while you take the part you really wanted.

-Crissa

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Discussing an obvious "political decision" without making any "political comments".

Humm? Pass.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.