Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
That's a really strange M3 you've got there. Mine has very controllable vents and super cooling. The tint for sure helps a lot too, we added that after a few months of ownership.
Sponsored

mullins46

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
So I’ve had MX for almost 2 years. The last few weeks in central texas have been rough; temps to 105. My A/C gave out while supercharging in the heat to divert energy to cooling the battery. Never came back. A week later I was able to service and got a free replacement condenser, but that week without A/C was miserable. My advice: don’t supercharge in 105 heat while blasting A/C.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
So I’ve had MX for almost 2 years. The last few weeks in central texas have been rough; temps to 105. My A/C gave out while supercharging in the heat to divert energy to cooling the battery. Never came back. A week later I was able to service and got a free replacement condenser, but that week without A/C was miserable. My advice: don’t supercharge in 105 heat while blasting A/C.
I'm curious as to how the condenser was damaged from the event.

Most definitely put a roof and windscreen sun visor in, especially while parked with no airflow. Unprotectwd glass area on M3 can let around 2kW of heat from the sun in.

mullins46

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I'm curious as to how the condenser was damaged from the event.

Most definitely put a roof and windscreen sun visor in, especially while parked with no airflow. Unprotectwd glass area on M3 can let around 2kW of heat from the sun in.
I’m not sure exactly. I installed 3M Crystalline film on all windows, including the windshield shortly after purchase because of the greenhouse effect in the car. Can’t imagine how bad it would’ve been without. Cabin temps up to 140 according to app while parked during work with overheat protection unavailable.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

What year Model X?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I’m not sure exactly. I installed 3M Crystalline film on all windows, including the windshield shortly after purchase because of the greenhouse effect in the car. Can’t imagine how bad it would’ve been without. Cabin temps up to 140 according to app while parked during work with overheat protection unavailable.
Sounds like car temperatures here in the summer. Only other thing you can really do is find a garage or shade.

Times like that make me grateful for the solar on my prius that automatically takes care of the cabin heat using the fan to vent, so at least it stay a few degrees above ambient and reduces A/C cycling in the cool down phase when you drive off. The solar does make much power but the reduction in heat soaking the cabin reduces fuel use.

Not sure if you can force the Tesla fan on without running the A/C with it. Makes a big difference. Obviously I only buy white cars if I can for the same reason. I won't buy anything dark at all, and prefer light interiors too.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
That's a really strange M3 you've got there. Mine has very controllable vents and super cooling. The tint for sure helps a lot too, we added that after a few months of ownership.
If you're referring to me, we actually hear this from a lot of model 3 owners here in the desert. Tint would help. We are underwhelmed w the Model 3 air though. Been 3 years.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Sounds like car temperatures here in the summer. Only other thing you can really do is find a garage or shade.

Times like that make me grateful for the solar on my prius that automatically takes care of the cabin heat using the fan to vent, so at least it stay a few degrees above ambient and reduces A/C cycling in the cool down phase when you drive off. The solar does make much power but the reduction in heat soaking the cabin reduces fuel use.

Not sure if you can force the Tesla fan on without running the A/C with it. Makes a big difference. Obviously I only buy white cars if I can for the same reason. I won't buy anything dark at all, and prefer light interiors too.
Totally opposite here, the darker the better to try and get some heat.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Totally opposite here, the darker the better to try and get some heat.
Get some heat from what for when? Dark cools faster too, so you're better off white in the cold too.

happy intruder

First Name
O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
my 2019 M3 and 2020 MS work great...separate screen button for rear vents allows cold air in back....it is on left side of a/c screen, greyed out....press ir and yo go to screen and allows foe rear vents to be activated.
Sponsored