Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Cube3 Z11
Occupation
Business Analyst
Country flag
Put the deposit down for the single motor version ($60k). Can't really justify the extra $10k or $30k for extra speed and range. The single motor version is about the same range as my ICE car anyway, so that's amazing. I don't need a truck or do off-roading. I just love the style, the fact it's pretty much indestructible, the ride height and the ability to take 6 people.

So in Australia Pepper Finance are the preferred partners, and over 7 years the costs are about $700 a month. Quite a lot, but I hope by the time it's available in Australia (I'm guessing 3 years as the single motor version is last to be produced), the cost may decrease or specs might increase.... and FSD will be available and I can hire the truck out to recoup some of the costs of ownership.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Siralbert59

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Hyundai
Occupation
Government contractor
Country flag
I’m saving like crazy to pay a good portion cash and finance the rest. I ordered the long range myself

Pumba2988

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Isuzu D-Max Extra Cab 2014
Occupation
Boilermaker / Welder
Country flag
I've skipped buying a house and new car, I'm pretty much investing most of my spare money into Bitcoin and when the time comes for my Tri-Motor Cybertruck hopefully I can buy it cash I'm looking at 150k AUD.

So with say 24 months or 104 weeks with a starting deposit of 17k along with weekly investment of $1100 @ an annual return of 20% I should have 150k saved and if I get rid of my current 4x4 Isuzu D-Max for a little bit extra I'm confident I can get mine in Australia and be one of the first.

But I have to be a tight arse for next two years which is cool I don't mind and my wild card is if bitcoin spikes up massive within the next two years with all this covid crap going on, I will dump my bitcoin for some sweet sweet cybertruck gains.

Siralbert59

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Hyundai
Occupation
Government contractor
Country flag
I've skipped buying a house and new car, I'm pretty much investing most of my spare money into Bitcoin and when the time comes for my Tri-Motor Cybertruck hopefully I can buy it cash I'm looking at 150k AUD.

So with say 24 months or 104 weeks with a starting deposit of 17k along with weekly investment of $1100 @ an annual return of 20% I should have 150k saved and if I get rid of my current 4x4 Isuzu D-Max for a little bit extra I'm confident I can get mine in Australia and be one of the first.

But I have to be a tight arse for next two years which is cool I don't mind and my wild card is if bitcoin spikes up massive within the next two years with all this covid crap going on, I will dump my bitcoin for some sweet sweet cybertruck gains.
Solid plan my dude, I currently bought the wife the Model Y and I’m going double on the payment, I figured just under 3 years of payments. It may overlap when the truck comes out and I have two payments but it will be worth it!!
Sponsored