Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
With VW's official launch of the Scout Motors website, we'd like to invite everyone interested to our new sister-site for the Scout EV pickup & SUV:

ScoutEVforum -- https://www.scoutevforum.com

And here's the new Scout official teaser just posted by VW / Scout:

Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com scout-ev-concept-teaser-image-1-jpe
Sponsored

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Can't wait to see the MSM report on all the advances Tesla has made over the years as totally new things VW invented original idea do not steal.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
  1. Motoring
  2. News & Product Releases
VW's Scout EV Brand: Everything You Need to Know
Volkswagen is reviving an American icon, using different propulsion.
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 209b783f-8483-4b5b-ba0a-1c46a98ab9d0_1593677245

BY TYLER DUFFY
UPDATED: NOV 15, 2022
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com -teaser-image-1668523617.png?crop=0.563xw:1.00xh;0

Scout
Volkswagen announced back in May they were reviving the Scout nameplate — from the International Harvester Scout — for a new American electric vehicle brand. Scout Motors will start with two vehicles, a pickup truck and a rugged SUV.
Here’s what we know about VW's new Scout EV brand, which is targeting a product launch in 2026.

Scout Motors now has a website
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com -11-15-at-9-48-10-am-1668523699.png?crop=0.774xw:1

Scout
The Scout project is now a bit more official. Scout Motors launched its official website with a careers page, a media page and an official online community for Scout enthusiasts. The brand is also officially on the social media.

How did VW get the rights to Scout?
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 8-am-1664982686.png?crop=0.553xw:0.761xh;0.427xw,0

VW
Volkswagen’s truck subsidiary Traton merged with Navistar. Navistar was the corporate descendent of International Harvester, the company that built and still owned the trademark for the Scout.

Scout will be an American brand
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com ot-2022-10-05-at-11-14-28-am-1664982875.png?crop=0

VW
Scout will be part of the broader VW Group. But VW says Scout vehicles will be designed, engineered, built and sold in America. We’re not sure new CEO Scott Keogh (formerly head of Volkswagen Group of America) will literally take the stage to Grand Funk Railroad’s “We’re an American Band.” Still, we expect Scout marketing to convey that sentiment with gusto.

Scout vehicles may not use VW’s MEB platform
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 022-10-05-at-11-13-12-am-1664982803.png?crop=1xw:0

VW
VW did release an MEB platform off-roader concept with the ID. Buggy concept. But it appears the Scout pickup and SUV won’t be restyled versions of that.
Autoblog found a Facebook post from Jeff Bade, a vintage Scout enthusiast who received some early access to the prototypes. Per that post, the Scout vehicles will draw on VW tech and logistics but will not use the skateboard platform, suggesting they could have a bespoke body-on-frame architecture. None of that has been confirmed.

Scout vehicles should be (relatively) affordable
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com 11-15-48-am-1664982955.png?crop=1.00xw:0.763xh;0,0

VW
Volkswagen Group of America Chief Operating Officer Johan De Nysschen floated the idea of a Scout brand to journalists before the official launch. He described it as like Rivian but “at a $40,000 price point instead of $70,000.” The aforementioned Facebook post also noted that VW would provide a wide range of accessorization options, which could be where Scout makes its profit.

When will Scout's first vehicles arrive?
Tesla Cybertruck Scout EV pickup/SUV teaser released. Visit new sister-site @ ScoutEVforum.com nr00049-large-1664983033.jpg?crop=0.706xw:1.00xh;0

VW
VW promised prototypes for Scout vehicles would arrive “next year” when the brand was announced, which would mean sometime in 2023. Production is targeted for some time in 2026.

Source

Last edited:

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Glass is half full perspective: Scout is a nice looking vehicle. A more modern take on it would be very popular. It looks like it would be a good off-roader and it’s very similar to the hugely popular (at least here) Tacoma. The small truck market is underserved right now.

Glass is half empty perspective: ID.4 was quite popular at launch, but most vloggers who own them have a fairly negative take on the brand after 6 months+ of ownership. Lots of little issues VW promised to resolve with software updates that never materialized. Still huge frustration around charging as well. VW has also very quickly yanked any kind of media access to outlets that have been remotely critical.

Deleted member 12457

Why would anyone want to look at anything from VW? I continually read about illegal activities by VW (group) concerning doctoring emissions and mpg. Even though Porsche has been spun off VW is the majority shareholder and it wouldn't surprise me if they continue to lie about just about everything. They can go ahead and come out with a prototype but I have doubts on full-scale production ever happening.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So "Cybertruck" will be the moniker of all EV Trucks? Real or imagined?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Why would anyone want to look at anything from VW? I continually read about illegal activities by VW (group) concerning doctoring emissions and mpg. Even though Porsche has been spun off VW is the majority shareholder and it wouldn't surprise me if they continue to lie about just about everything. They can go ahead and come out with a prototype but I have doubts on full-scale production ever happening.
They got caught, and most of those executives no longer work there.

Anyhow, the Scout looks cute, but there's way too few details to get me interested.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
They got caught, and most of those executives no longer work there.

Anyhow, the Scout looks cute, but there's way too few details to get me interested.

-Crissa
Ships in 2026… the whole EV landscape could be shifted by then. It’s eons away.

Qball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wait, thought Trevor Milton is already in jail! He is running another scamup from his jail cell? What kind of resort jail do we have these day?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Tesla-nevers have to buy something.