ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Darn! About the tarp. But at least we know the first 9t press is almost completely assembled. I'm curious if CT would be using the same motors from the existing lineups or having completely new designs from a performance and packaging standpoint. CT teardown would be so interesting.
Sponsored

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Darn! About the tarp. But at least we know the first 9t press is almost completely assembled. I'm curious if CT would be using the same motors from the existing lineups or having completely new designs from a performance and packaging standpoint. CT teardown would be so interesting.
Smaller size CF wrapped quad motors on all CTs is my prediction. Axial flux motors would be nice.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I don't think they've covered the windows. That "tarp" is just the reflection of the road.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Until they secure more 9Ts, they could cast parts and weld them together using the 6T ?.
If they have a single 9KT press, they can start production by swapping out the molds. They just need to get the second one in place before they hit a run rate of 2500 trucks a week or so.

Also, possible the Cybertruck uses a 6kT press for the front end.

Other 9kTon press which they are making room for might be for something else.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Casting area windows ARE now blocked with tarping on windows.

1674500566024.png

There might be trade secrets for IDRA or Tesla that might be more observable while giga casting machine is being assembled. Another factor is that IRDA's assembly team may be nervous about outsiders looking over their shoulders every second.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Casting area windows ARE now blocked with tarping on windows.

1674500566024.png
Why cover the windows now? What is the secret sauce going on in their casting area which they suddenly don’t feel they want to share? We know the new press is going in. What else could they be concealing?

Is there some super secret bit of the Gigapress which is getting installed? If it’s not a second Gigapress, then what is it? Not trying to argue for the second press here, but what other dark secrets are they hiding? They are definitely dark secrets because the tarp covering the windows…

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
PRIVACY

There are tons of reasons why a corporation doesn't want prying eyes looking around inside their facilities. I have been amazed by Tesla accepting drone pilots buzzing around and reporting all progress and issues that have arisen over time. Examples being that they have poured concrete, only to tear it out later. We've seen numerous aluminum castings thrown in bins to be recycled, you name it. I live near the BMW/Mini westcoast corporation headquarters, and all around that facility there are signs "NO PHOTOGRAPHY"! Lots of times I see test vehicles on our city streets with camo on them. Corporate privacy is legitimate.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
PRIVACY

There are tons of reasons why a corporation doesn't want prying eyes looking around inside their facilities. I have been amazed by Tesla accepting drone pilots buzzing around and reporting all progress and issues that have arisen over time. Examples being that they have poured concrete, only to tear it out later. We've seen numerous aluminum castings thrown in bins to be recycled, you name it. I live near the BMW/Mini westcoast corporation headquarters, and all around that facility there are signs "NO PHOTOGRAPHY"! Lots of times I see test vehicles on our city streets with camo on them. Corporate privacy is legitimate.
This makes total sense for never allowing the drone operators to see inside at all.

It does not make a ton of sense for playing peek-a-boo with drone operators for years during the whole ramp up and suddenly put tarps up.

What changed?

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Also, possible the Cybertruck uses a 6kT press for the front end.
Unlikely, but... Watch it be model y front casting.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Truth or speculation. If the former please add a link. If the latter then "don't scare me like that"
Well, a drone HAS gone down before but that was about a year ago and landed on the roof. One of Jeff Roberts.

I think this is just Joe overstepping and tesla solving it on their own terms.

He hasn’t said anything to me about it. No comments. We usually talk every other day when he posts for what it’s worth. Radio silence today.
Sponsored