Poll: Which special features will Cybertruck have?

What features do you think the Cybertruck will feature?

• Total voters

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Saw these unique features being discussed and polled in another discussion. Some of these sound really far fetched but since we're talking Blade Runner truck, maybe not :)

The ones I hope it comes with are the inflating/deflating tires, full length bed, and some kind of built in bed cover mechanism.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
If itā€™s going to have any off road intentions, an on board air system to inflate and air down the tires would be offering something competitors donā€™t.

And Overlanding is so popular these days having a built in camping top and fridge/stovetop would be a great addition too.

rustycarburetor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma/Boxster/3 Harleys/BMW
Where's the tank turn feature? I'd love to see that! What a cool function that'd be for Musk to show off when the Cybrtrk drives out on the 21st... have the truck come to a stop and then spin in place. :love:
This feature would also make a tremendous amount of sense regarding autonomous driving... being able to rotate 180 instead of 3pt turn or driving long way around. Cool idea! ?

NPATEL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4
Country flag
I really wish the seats are large, at least the first row

Deleted member 105

Has anyone tweeted that to Musk yet? Asking for a tank turn feature? I'm not sure it's possible with only dual motors vs full 4 motors - each side needs to spin in the opposite direction.

Also, it's incredibly harsh on the tires - tank treads are ridiculously durable and still wear out extremely quickly when driven on pavement.

It would be a cool gimmick, but I wouldn't use it regularly no matter how convenient. Easier to just reverse into a parking spot.

OP
OP

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Has anyone tweeted that to Musk yet? Asking for a tank turn feature? I'm not sure it's possible with only dual motors vs full 4 motors - each side needs to spin in the opposite direction.

Also, it's incredibly harsh on the tires - tank treads are ridiculously durable and still wear out extremely quickly when driven on pavement.

It would be a cool gimmick, but I wouldn't use it regularly no matter how convenient. Easier to just reverse into a parking spot.
Agreed. And itā€™d be most helpful off road when rock crawling, which Iā€™m not sure this truck will really be designed for anyway. Just read news that Rivian filed a trademark for ā€œTank Modeā€ so itā€™d be have to be called something different on the Cybertruck.

Tesla

First Name
Elon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicles
Roadster, Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
If itā€™s going to have any off road intentions, an on board air system to inflate and air down the tires would be offering something competitors donā€™t.

And Overlanding is so popular these days having a built in camping top and fridge/stovetop would be a great addition too.
I'd like to see a flat bed version that an overlanding camper could be attached to. That way it could be used to haul when you're not camping.

Tesla

First Name
Elon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
Anyone else feeling like it could be amphibious? It seems to have a boat-like front bumper angle.

Some "armored personnel transporters" are, as Musk was quoted.

Not to mention, he's pitching it to the military...

Deleted member 105

Not sure what purpose that would serve for the civilian market. Can't really see practical use for fleet, construction, etc.

Maybe for all the idiots trying to launch wakeboard boats who suck at it.

Tesla

First Name
Elon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
One thing it will have is regenerative braking. Especially important on a vehicle that might do some hill climbing. Even if the return is marginal...

stumby

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S P90D
Country flag
Anyone else feeling like it could be amphibious? It seems to have a boat-like front bumper angle.

Some "armored personnel transporters" are, as Musk was quoted.

Not to mention, he's pitching it to the military...
Wild, just wild all the possibilities we could see on Thursday. And since this is a pickup the world of possibilities is even broader than the passenger vehicles so far.

I didn't know the Cybertruck was being pitched to the military. If it is then that's a great signal it'll be nicely overgineered and super tough/durable. And we've already got biohazard mode, which will be right at home in a military vehicle.

OP
OP

KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Do we know the Cybertruck will get dual motors and not a motor at each wheel? I think giving it 4 motors would set it apart from rest of the Tesla lineup and from all other pickups (well except maybe Rivian).

BLADERUNNER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius, M809 6x6
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
With the rumoured ā€˜tank turnsā€™ it would need a motor at each wheel. I think most likely it will be dual motor to keep costs down, maybe 4 motor will be an option. Iā€™m hoping for a massive change overall compared to current trucks. Adjustable ride height, more aerodynamic surfaces. Box sides that extend to the same height as the roof line is something I think might happen and I havenā€™t heard that anywhere, just a thought. This would allow for a much stronger unibody and also help with aero. The teaser image also makes me think there is something odd about the tires, solid rubber?
Sponsored