Cybertruck Tampa

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
I’m with you! My garage isn’t exactly huge, but it is 20’x20’ two car and I have an additional 10’x19’11” third car garage, but that’s used as a gym and workshop. I think the 20’x20’ should work. Although my wife wants to upgrade from 2012 4 Runner to a Sequoia.

I’m fine with the garage or the driveway. I can place the charger on the exterior of the garage.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
After watching the video clip from the upcoming Jay Leno's Garage episode, I believe the Cybertruck looks great as is. This is actually great news. I've been building a new garage in my yard to accommodate the current Cybertruck dimensions, anyway.

IMG_0691.jpeg
I like your style, complete with slanted roof. Should be a perfect fit!

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
So glad you're keeping the original dimensions Elon. I couldn't help but feel I was getting gypped at the idea of less truck. It's PERFECT as is. And I have a confession to make: I didn't have this much butterflies-in-the-stomach anticipation when my next-ex was pregnant with my two kids! I just can't wait... ?

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
That's why Elon needs to built his next Terafactory in Texas! We love big trucks here and by replacing our gas guzzling ones with EVs, we can truly make a dent in emissions!

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
It boggles my mind that people will refuse to buy because it dosnt fit in the garage. I'm I missing something?
Non truck owners trying to buy a truck. My cybertruck will either be sitting in my driveway or on the construction site all day.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Non truck owners trying to buy a truck. My cybertruck will either be sitting in my driveway or on the construction site all day.
That's what I figure, run a 220v welding or rV extension out to it. Ez peezee

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Yes, the fact that the CT is electric makes it more complicated than ICE trucks which are “meant to be kept outside.”

Tesla says their chargers can be used outdoors but finding a location and getting 220v there can be complicated.

There’s also the question of temperature regulation for the batteries, which like to stay in a pretty narrow temp range. If you park your CT out in the cold it will use lots of energy keeping the battery warm, versus parking in an insulated or (even better) climate controlled garage.

With all that in mind I’m surprised the CT wasn’t designed from the start to fit in a “standard” garage.
All 16000+ Superchargers are mainly outdoors, some in very cold climates...In fact I know of very few charging stations regardless of brands, that are indoors; they do exist but very few.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Some housing communities forbid vehicles parked in the driveway or on the street overnight. Not mine. I do know that some potential buyers have that issue.

judokadonk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
NA
Country flag
I live in a condo in California. Have a 2-car garage but no driveway, so I can't easily charge unless I block all my neighbors from their garages. Cybertruck is 232" long, my garage is 230" long. I'll have to park diagonally or leave my garage door open overnight to charge.

Never owned a truck before, didn't want to pay for all the gas since I drive 20k miles a year. Will probably get the tri-motor.

First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Tri-Motor.
Occupation
Retired.
Country flag
Cybertruck great at full original size. Still will get Trimotor, hopefully satin black. Can’t wait.

Capt_Roy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Cybertruck (yet)
Country flag
I don't have a truck or a tesla. I
ordered the Cybertruck and super excited about it. I measured my garage yesterday and was happy to find out it's 24x24' (my wife's car is a CR-V).
I have a question about adding a Tesla charger to the home: can any existing Tesla owners shed some light about the process, costs, space requirements for this in-home car charger?
Sponsored