Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
420w can’t be expected to make more than 2kWh per day in battery storage, especially considering the real world hurdles like less than ideal tilt, direction its parked relative to true solar south and of course shading and atmospheric conditions. the CT will be much heavier and less aerodynamic. Maybe that turns into 4-5 miles on the CT if cabin overheat, dog mode and sentry mode are left off.

Like I said IF a solar tonneau was an option (and I dont believe it will be) it would be great for someone that leaves it at the airport a lot or barely drives and when they do, its usually at night.
Model x is like 350wh per mile so maybe
Sponsored

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Now that we know about the accessory squad and we know the winch boys are in the house. What other Tesla branded accessories do you want? Tent? Camp kitchen?

Will other manufacturers start making 48v accessories?
A Snowplow kit for the Cybertruck HW4+, for Chirstmas 2023 or 2024+. I would think that most accessories should be ready by shipping time to save cost so all can be sent as one package. Do not forget the Christmas fruit cake to cater to your precious Tesla clients.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Optimus copilot
To chit-chat with.
However, please instruct the Optimus robot NOT to change the radio channel or it will ride in the vault for the rest of the trip. I must say in the end it was a leisurely drive with much chit-chat and laughter. Hum, how will my Optimus laugh? Would there be options or should I let it free to be. I think I will encourage individuality. That way if I find the Optimus annoying I will not have myself to blame for it.

What if I ask Optimus to drive for me as my FSD God? Optimus and FSD will need a possible special interface. If Optimus gets into an accident I hope I will not be responsible if Optimus can demonstrate it was in FSD more :cool: In addition, for piece of mind, I would love to see an indicator that can confirm to me that Optimus is in full FSD mode. Cheers!

Skilledroy

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck duel motor ordered.
Occupation
Construction
Country flag
A Snowplow kit for the Cybertruck HW4+, for Chirstmas 2023 or 2024+. I would think that most accessories should be ready by shipping time to save cost so all can be sent as one package. Do not forget the Christmas fruit cake to cater to your precious Tesla clients.
I'd really like to see a truck rack, for longer lumber, and mid-supports for roof mounted canoe/boat. Trailers just take too long for short hauls to lumber yard or lake.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'd really like to see a truck rack, for longer lumber, and mid-supports for roof mounted canoe/boat. Trailers just take too long for short hauls to lumber yard or lake.
Yes it makes sense to me. In addition, you would want to access to vault even if you are carrying wood, a later, a small boat, canoe or kayak.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake-hole
You should tell that to my fiancée.
When I drive the car (i.e., Chevy Volt) on my own she tells me that I "changed" the channel to a French station just because it's French, not because the station has good music. As a result, she has not graduated to wife status yet. :) My official statement is that we are still fighting COVID-19. This argument might not hold water anymore in 2029. I get it, my wedding gift should be a brand new Optimus. That should buy me some time. She can pick the clothing and the names for it.

It's all fun. I think I have fully converted Lisa to the Cybertruck. She can't wait to see it, drive it and play with the radio. Hey, I could use an AM station to for bad weather info and latest news too. No SiriusXM for me, I hate recuring costs. The is why I did not enable "OnStar" in my Volt.

We watch Now You Know - Channel Trailer - Bing video multiple times per week. We are Patreon members. SMR from Australia is also fun to watch.

BTW Lisa did read this thread and was laughing at it.

Last edited:

Alpeyev

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe Cybertruck, Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Do you guys think that a 48-volt system will be robust enough? Usually, those batteries for aux are super small in Teslas.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
420w can’t be expected to make more than 2kWh per day in battery storage, especially considering the real world hurdles like less than ideal tilt, direction its parked relative to true solar south and of course shading and atmospheric conditions. the CT will be much heavier and less aerodynamic. Maybe that turns into 4-5 miles on the CT if cabin overheat, dog mode and sentry mode are left off.
A couple things here.

Whether dog mode is left on doesn’t change how much power the car generates. It’s 4-5 at the end of the day regardless.

There is no reason adding solar should add significant weight. If it adds more than 20 pounds, I’d be shocked. A lot of the bulk of solar panels is in framing and Tesla can integrate that into the design. Any design which requires bulk would not work with the retracting covers regardless.

For me, just being able to park for a couple days and having state of charge be flat or rising slightly instead of dropping every day will be super nice.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
You should tell that to my fiancée.
When I drive the car (i.e., Chevy Volt) on my own she tells me that I "changed" the channel to a French station just because it's French, not because the station has good music. As a result, she has not graduated to wife status yet. :) My official statement is that we are still fighting COVID-19. This argument might not hold water anymore in 2029. I get it, my weeding gift should be a brand new Optimus. That should buy me some time. She can pick the clothing and the names for it.

It's all fun. I think I have fully converted Lisa to the Cybertruck. She can't wait to see it, drive it and play with the radio. Hey, I could use an AM station to for bad weather info and latest news too. No SiriusXM for me, I hate recuring costs. The is why I did not enable "OnStar" in my Volt.

We watch Now You Know - Channel Trailer - Bing video multiple times per week. We are Patreon members. SMR from Australia is also fun to watch.
When you say “Radio”, you just mean the music you are playing right?

I mean I realize they still broadcast radio. I just wasn’t aware anyone still tuned in.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
At least for CTs destined for delivery in the snowbelt there's a serious need for a front-mount snowplow attachment that will accommodate either a generic plow or one from Tesla.

Richard V.

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt 2015
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At least for CTs destined for delivery in the snowbelt there's a serious need for a front-mount snowplow attachment that will accommodate either a generic plow or one from Tesla.
I am not sure how many generic plow you will have access to that are 48V. But you can get the 48V down to 12V for "older" plows...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.