Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
Now that we know about the accessory squad and we know the winch boys are in the house. What other Tesla branded accessories do you want? Tent? Camp kitchen?

Will other manufacturers start making 48v accessories?
I think I would like a nice brush guard.
Sponsored

Scot Braley

First Name
Scot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
97' chevy 4x4 and a 2015 ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
cabinet maker / handyman
Country flag
Well, I guess the "secret" is out now... Sorry you have been exposed "secret" team. Hopefully Matt has security in case someone is upset the "secret" is out. :)

Anyways, as far as my secret accessory for my future CT = Anything camping related...

Maybe some tools to make my own passthrough would be nice.
wreckingball.jpg
yeah! I was disappointed when I heard there was not going to be a pass through. I was looking forward to that.

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I like some of these ideas, the console fridge and tool storage in the sail for sure.

-If the frunk lid opens and then the vertical part folds down like a traditional tailgate.... then a frunk rumble seat would be nice option for watching events like concerts or maybe even pulling up to your favorite fishing hole.

-Wife wants a 5th wheel option so she can pull a horse trailer... not sure what the impacts of the sails will be on that.
This is interesting and I too have been wondering what will come of a 5th wheel option. There are batteries below the bed I assume. Since it appears the rear wheels may be closer to the back of the truck, perhaps the 5th wheel hitch could be placed further back in the truck and avoid the sails. Who knows?

Frank Mendez

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3, mkzh, f150
Occupation
sales
Country flag
I donā€™t get the 48 V architecture. Will it make my headlights brighter or my stereo sound better ?? The world is set up for 12 V. That means all the accessories are 12 V all the stereo equipment is 12 V everything Electrical is 12 V I donā€™t understand what Teslaā€™s doing ?What does 48 V do for me. What was the problem with the old system? please enlighten me. also, when Iā€™m out on a road trip and my car breaks down or something burns out ,itā€™s gonna be next to impossible to get parts out on the road
Smaller required cable. Lower weight of cable reduction.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Brush guards are for paint! (well, maybe a bit for lights)
Plus ICE vehicles have a big fragile grill with a radiator behind it they need to protect. If youā€™ve ever punctured a radiatorā€¦ itā€™s not fun to deal with super-heated steam spewing from your car in the middle of nowhere.

The whole frunk area on ICE cars is pretty fragile. Lots of things in there which can ruin your day.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Plus ICE vehicles have a big fragile grill with a radiator behind it they need to protect. If youā€™ve ever punctured a radiatorā€¦ itā€™s not fun to deal with super-heated steam spewing from your car in the middle of nowhere.

The whole frunk area on ICE cars is pretty fragile. Lots of things in there which can ruin your day.
I think it was deer number 2 that pushed the radiator of my '86 Buick Regal into engine powered fan.

I had killed three deer with my '86 Buick Regal back in the day. All independent incidents, vehicle was repaired (poorly) after each incident. When I finally traded it in ($300) it was white with gold hood and the grill was from an '84 model.

AzCyGuy

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
A sixth seat and fully opening front end (like Lightning)! Some sort of storage like gove box, recovery hooks, steel bumpers, wifi magnetic cameras, extendable fishing mirrors, cab for the bed it the truck, retractable steps that run the length of truck so you could step up and reach over sail pillars into the bed of the truck, losing far window (since there is no lowering mid-gate), weather proof floor mats, semi-permenent blackout incert for glass ceiling, have up display and/or in front of driver display, lockable storage under (sixth seat šŸ¤ž), larger tablet holder for second row, a charger šŸ˜”, tow hitches...I could keep going but I'll save some for later.

AzCyGuy

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Starlink native integration.
Some sort of mobility scooter hoist for my Mom.

Did the ramp in the tailgate make it in final design?
I still want the Cyberquad.
Great idea with starlink integration.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
This is interesting and I too have been wondering what will come of a 5th wheel option. There are batteries below the bed I assume. Since it appears the rear wheels may be closer to the back of the truck, perhaps the 5th wheel hitch could be placed further back in the truck and avoid the sails. Who knows?
In the casting leak there was a substantial flat area in the casting right behind wheel well. If a spot was needed to land all the weight of a fifth wheel, that's where I would think it would land. I bet that is one of the things the CT accessory teams will offer.

Tesla Cybertruck Official Cybertruck Accessory store is live!! Includes: Tailgate ramp, Basecamp, wrap, franz ball decal and more 1679036983282

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Elon keeps mentioning Baja. Like thats somehow the test for trucks. Those really are highly specialized vehicles that happen to be in the shape of a truck. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a baja kit to make it look like a baja ready truck.

I think in general what we are going to see as accessories are all those trendy things you see on the Tacomas these days that say, "I work in IT but I am really an highly prepared offroad animal". Sorry for always going after the IT guys. Tesla will offer some kind of bed rack with a tent and a side mount rack for that water container and shovel and jack. I am sure they will offer some cool camping set up like Rivian with a sink, stove, table etc. and it will cost some $7500 and the IT guys will buy it all day long.

Really I don't care about any of that. I want that gnarly stainless EV truck to take my kids out to explore and be an example to them of someone trying to make earth friendly purchases. I was hoping to get the whole family of 6 in the truck but now I guess we will have to think about that one.

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Rode a Honda CB500x from Sydney to Canberra the other night. I opened my visor even though I was going at about 150km, because a Meteor appeared in front of me in the sky glowing bright green. Left a massive trail behind it, very cool.

I closed my visor just in time for a Semi trailer to run through a puddle of mud.
It sprayed mud all over me and blinded me from being able to see, I wiped it off with my sleeve while trying not to get myself killed.

I think the point of this story is that I will be glad to have wipers at all buttons or otherwise.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Other than the CyberTruck - I would like an LED readout on the top light bar that doubles as a message board.
So you can write
ā€˜ā€™IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE TOO CLOSEā€

Status
Not open for further replies.