Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual motor fsd
Occupation
Retired industrial designer
Country flag
It is too bad that Elon is starting with the most expensive CT truck production instead of going by order dates of his followers who have been waiting as I have for 6 years now.
Sponsored

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
It is too bad that Elon is starting with the most expensive CT truck production instead of going by order dates of his followers who have been waiting as I have for 6 years now.
The Cybertruck announcement was in Nov 2019, so if you have been waiting for 6 years already then you must have known it was coming before initial announcement! ;)

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
No one knows which trim will come first. With the Model Y they put out one trim plus the performance version to begin with. It would not make sense to start with all trims.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
IMO the preorder numbers r vastly over exaggerated. my random guess is 2.5-3 years for all these initial orders to be filled. I just hope they keep the cheap priced truck,
becuase... wasnt that the point?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Even in the age of social media with the follow buttons everywhere, and Elon reaching a prophet kinda status, it is rare I meet someone that refer to themselves as a follower. I still give him the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't be surprised if bots or some sort of AI start making this type of post to educate themselves about human response.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I'm not a fan of a man, I'm a fan of the mission. I remain a follower and supporter of Tesla's mission "To accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy."

That's something that I have no fear that I'll ever regret.

Sousray

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 M3
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Well, I am low on the reservation list, live close to the Austin plant, work for a supplier to Tesla, and own a Tesla currently. I may even be one of the first outside the plant and in the area to get mine. From what I have read, it does not mater what you choose when you ordered, you will have a chance to select the options when it is your turn. I am waiting in anticipation. I ordered mine within 30 seconds of opening orders. I will take what he offers first.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
IMO the preorder numbers r vastly over exaggerated. my random guess is 2.5-3 years for all these initial orders to be filled. I just hope they keep the cheap priced truck,
becuase... wasnt that the point?
There was more than one point but disrupting the ICE truck market to move toward electrification would cover all trims and price points I suspect. It was my understanding that initially the single motor trim was going to be produced first but that reservations for the tri motor were so numerous that Tesla flipped the order. In the intervening years the production order has fallen into myth :-(

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Personally, I hope Tesla builds the top model first. However, as a compassionate human, I agree it would be fairer for Tesla to honor the order of preorder date. However, as a greedy 'somebitch', I want mine early!

We got lucky with our Model Y order. We ordered 4/20 and picked it up 6/20. I know people were still waiting who ordered on the release date. I feel Tesla spread deliveries geographically so that more people would see the Model Y and it would help drive demand. We certainly had lots of people stopping by curious about it here in Nebraska as we had one of maybe 3 in the Omaha area (according to the service center). I hope the Cybertruck follows the same distribution pattern.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Well, I am low on the reservation list, live close to the Austin plant, work for a supplier to Tesla, and own a Tesla currently. I may even be one of the first outside the plant and in the area to get mine. From what I have read, it does not mater what you choose when you ordered, you will have a chance to select the options when it is your turn. I am waiting in anticipation. I ordered mine within 30 seconds of opening orders. I will take what he offers first.
How is Tesla handling sales/deliveries to Texans? Last I heard the TX Legislature never fixed the in state sales laws. Living close to GigaAustin might not help you unless "close to GigaAustin" means in Louisiana.

I've been thinking that living in Arkansas may favor me over Texas residents. Your CYBERTRUCK might have 600 miles on its odometer before it makes it back to you. MIne could be in my driveway in just over 500 miles!!!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
It sounds like you have the golden ticket, slimo :)

Garee

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My order was placed November 30, 2021, do you have any idea how long will it be before I get mine? Gary

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How is Tesla handling sales/deliveries to Texans? Last I heard the TX Legislature never fixed the in state sales laws. Living close to GigaAustin might not help you unless "close to GigaAustin" means in Louisiana.

I've been thinking that living in Arkansas may favor me over Texas residents. Your CYBERTRUCK might have 600 miles on its odometer before it makes it back to you. MIne could be in my driveway in just over 500 miles!!!
No one here likely knows how Tesla will handle orders by city, state, or region, let alone for states that don't allow direct sales like Texas. As you have seen with the Model Y, they load a bunch of them up on trailers, take them to a railroad yard, load them up on trains, and off they go to wherever those trains go. If I were to hazard a guess they will send to places where they can send a whole truck to and then people would pick them up there. How they will do this logistically I have no idea. If they have a large number of closely-spaced reservation numbers in an area they might favor that area. Total guess.
Sponsored