Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That would be BRILLIANT.

I was expecting and would have been more than happy if the window stayed in place, and the opening was only up to the bottom of the rear window.

I believed a structural crossmember was needed immediately underneath the window.
Especially to achieve the enormous load and towing capacity it comes with.

That would now mean about 12ft long cargo, that can also be quite tall !

Yep, that’s why I would be very happy with a 208 inch long Cybertruck,
that could still carry 10 ft long items ! :D

8 ft, with the tailgate closed, and totally secure under cover of the vault.

P.S. My dog would love that set up. . . . actually with Level 5 FSD ,
I could put in a mattress, pillows and hang out with the dog :D . . .
maybe even a small upper deck / terrace balcony, that I'll use when I retract the tonneau.
Hey, imagine being able to watch a movie or the fire while being able to see the stars above you. THIS makes more sense all of a sudden:
Tesla Cybertruck Rear passthrough possible 1591886873764
Sponsored

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
I hope this is real. But how? Make the cover roll lower?

Tesla-Pickup-truck-rear-window-system.jpg
They could have the vault cover stop as it gets even with the front wall and then the window goes down into the wall and stops like the cover and then the whole thing folds forward over the seats. Or, if the cover can't bend that far, it could simply retract past the wall whether through it or just behind it. It could be in a container just below the bed.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Totally doable considering you have no carbon monoxide/exhaust fumes to make the Tesla attorneys nervous.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
They could have the vault cover stop as it gets even with the front wall and then the window goes down into the wall and stops like the cover and then the whole thing folds forward over the seats. Or, if the cover can't bend that far, it could simply retract past the wall whether through it or just behind it. It could be in a container just below the bed.
Hmm, I not think the cover inside the wall as it's folded front is a great idea. I would be sad if that was the case because I want to have the cover closed and open depending on the situation. Cover open for pop up tent. Cover closed for secure sleeping in a Walmart parking lot in Detroit. Let's imagine that if the cover is closed wall can be folded down out of the way and then the door can retract to the floor level. If the wall is up it only retracts to the wall height to prevent mulch from falling into the wall when the front end loader drops it into the bed. There must be sensors on the cover to prevent your fingers from falling off if you close it and your fingers are at the tailgate, hopefully the same sensors would prevent your head from falling off if someone opens the cover while you are sleeping.

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Exactly I fail to see how the cover operates if the wall is folded down.
Could the wall be a "pass-through" for the cover when locked in the upright position? So you would just have to have the cover either up or down before lowering the wall flat? It would also need to house the glass window too correct?

I'm also thinking you may have to remove the back seats if you want it actually flat...which would be a pain. Hopefully, there would be enough room to just fold the seats down even if it means a slight incline (like all the current Telsas have now). While flat would be preferred, I don't think a slight incline is a deal killer.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Hmm, I not think the cover inside the wall as it's folded front is a great idea. I would be sad if that was the case because I want to have the cover closed and open depending on the situation. Cover open for pop up tent. Cover closed for secure sleeping in a Walmart parking lot in Detroit. Let's imagine that if the cover is closed wall can be folded down out of the way and then the door can retract to the floor level. If the wall is up it only retracts to the wall height to prevent mulch from falling into the wall when the front end loader drops it into the bed. There must be sensors on the cover to prevent your fingers from falling off if you close it and your fingers are at the tailgate, hopefully the same sensors would prevent your head from falling off if someone opens the cover while you are sleeping.
I didn't think about having the cover closed but the wall/window open. I think you've got it... UNLESS there is a second wall that is just for the cover. But, either way, it's possible.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
You all might be interested in the Bollinger, You can pass lumber, pipe etc all the way up to the interior of the frunk,
Too expensive though. I was considering a Bollinger until I saw their price.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Too expensive though. I was considering a Bollinger until I saw their price.
i LOVE the way the Bollingers look. HUGE defender fan here. But yeah that price is nuts.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Starting At $125k I consider the Bollinger a boutique electric vehicle that will only appeal to a certain demographic with deep pockets.

Tesla Cybertruck Rear passthrough possible CBBD94A3-17B4-4D41-A7F4-DDA8D0F1FEF5

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Starting At $125k I consider the Bollinger a boutique electric vehicle that will only appeal to a certain demographic with deep pockets.

CBBD94A3-17B4-4D41-A7F4-DDA8D0F1FEF5.jpeg
Even if the top end Bollinger was $39,900, I'd still rather have the CyberTruck. It's not even close to as useful or fun to drive.

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I hope this is real. But how? Make the cover roll lower?

Tesla-Pickup-truck-rear-window-system.jpg
With all the clever engineering in the CYBRTRK, I'm positive Elon's guys can figure out a way to just let the vault cover just scroll forward, up underneath the glass roof. That would be a temporary solution to the temporary need to fold the rear seats down. Also, the sliding vault cover while under the glass would provide a bit of privacy while one was camping or just sleeping overnight in the CYBRTRK. I am totally in love with the idea of extending the bed forward. If this were done, surely, the overall length of the truck can be made shorter. Even by three inches or so.

CyberCop

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Silverado HD , Cybertruck dual on order
Occupation
Retired LEO ?‍♂??
Country flag
I would hope you could roll up the vault cover then from the inside you could lower the bulkhead.
what a great idea.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
For it to work, the storage and drive system has to be independent of the rear wall and the cover has to be fully retracted or fully extended. I suppose it is possible.

HĂ©li

First Name
Hélène
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Volvo S70 Manual
Occupation
Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant
Country flag
Bruno (my dog) is getting old, Really hope he will be there when I get my Cybertruck......He will need the ramp to get in....... so that idea is fabulous............ really, I do hope it is going to happen.
Sponsored