Will you use Cybertruck as a daily driver? What are you trading in?

MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
I'm excited to see these trucks start rolling around the streets. I plan to daily drive mine, however many of my students were surprised that this was going to be my primary vehicle.

I'll be trading in my 2018 VW Atlas and going all in, driving it daily. What is your plan?
Sponsored

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am planning on letting my kids drive my Jeep Cherokee and I will use the CT as my daily driver and for work. Will drive 600km round trip regularly with no charging stations.

Cyber1qhorsey

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FORD Expedition, Escape, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I'm thinking of using it (or several) for a rental adventure tourist business in New Mexico. Ruunning, maybe 20 days a month.

Alpeyev

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maybe Cybertruck, Porsche Cayenne S
Country flag
Definitely daily driver for me. Trading in my Porsche Cayenne S. I am Porsche fan but had some issues with this particular one and really wanted to drive EV despite the fact that I have to tow the RV here and there. Porsche EV will be way to expensive for a while and towing will not be in sight. I am ready to turn the page and jump on the Tesla band wagon. Reliability issues do scare me a bit though. It is an EV with half of the parts of the typical gasoline engine yet Tesla does have some issues with quality.

OP
OP
MARSROVER

MARSROVER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW
Occupation
Ed.
Country flag
Taycan was much higher in price than I expected, especially when paired against the Model S. It seems like the Model S is a no brainer.

LurchAddams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P100D
Country flag
I'll be getting rid of a Ford F-250 4x4 for CyberTruck, I've been getting rid of fossil fuel vehicles since 2013, the Ford will be the last to go except for a lawn mower I will have nothing left that runs on Arab go juice.

leducjjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 F150, 2011 Jeep Patriot
Country flag
Daily driver. My commute is about 120 miles a day on one of the most-used freeways in Texas, so safety and comfort is huge for me.

Once I roll my 1997 F150 to 500k miles in the next year or so I'll retire it for light duty work and will be shopping for a new daily ride.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Rivian R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Yes. Daily driving. Trading in either my Model 3 Dual Motor AWD or my F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed

Nightf0rge

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Teacher, Blacksmith
Country flag
Yep DD / roadtrips / Camping. Ford 2013 C-MAX Energi (Compliant car FORD 20 mile electric only / hybrid, Ford was never promoting). So excited to possibly purchasing first Tesla, it will be a long 2 year+ wait.

Silverado

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cybertruck AWD Dual Motor
Occupation
Systems Admin
Country flag
DD here also. And pulling my boat to the various lakes around here during boating season. Safety and fun during "non-boating" season. Trading in my 2013 Chevy Silverado z71 4x4 that i bought new. Ive been a Chevy Silverado guy since i was 15yrs old (im now 50). Well the 2019-2020 models turned me off (the front grill and rear tailgate...just yuck). I started looking at dodges before the cybertruck release. Now the cybertruck is my new love.

TulsaCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Wealth advisor
Country flag
Will Tesla take a trade in?
Sponsored