Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
This is tough... I have one of the first Model 3 Performance off the line, and while it has 100,000+ miles now, it also has full self driving and is only worth about $19k on trade-in. (I paid over $81k!!). So, while I don't want to keep a second vehicle to insure and pay exorbitant Texas EV "fees" every year, it's hardly worth selling at what I can get out of it. Maybe a family member will get a smokin' deal on my M3P when CT (finally) arrives!! (I'm about ~4,420 in line). ;)
Sponsored

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
This is tough... I have one of the first Model 3 Performance off the line, and while it has 100,000+ miles now, it also has full self driving and is only worth about $19k on trade-in. (I paid over $81k!!). So, while I don't want to keep a second vehicle to insure and pay exorbitant Texas EV "fees" every year, it's hardly worth selling at what I can get out of it. Maybe a family member will get a smokin' deal on my M3P when CT (finally) arrives!! (I'm about ~4,420 in line). ;)
So you can transfer your FSD to the CT I would presume? That is a big win.

Wolfgram

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
CTO
Country flag
So you can transfer your FSD to the CT I would presume? That is a big win.
Nope. 👎 I have to transfer FSD before the end of September!! No CT by then, I don't think. I thought about getting a new Tesla now, to take advantage of the FSD transfer, but the numbers don't make sense for me if I'm buying the top-line CT.

Teslaman

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S P85
Occupation
Winemaker
Country flag
Keeping my S P/85….getting rid of 2002 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Cashing out a lot of TSLA shares.

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
I was about to give up on CT because of my family growing to 6 and grabbed a Discovery 2019, but the wife has granted me CT so-long as I sell the discovery. Headed to the dealer TOMORROW (LOL)

OP
OP
Macgyverfever

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
its sold. Now to see what else I'm willing to part with (besides my mother-in-law of course)

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PY holding me over till TRI CT
Occupation
FlagstaffRentalCabin.com & TeslaRenter.com
Country flag
Yea, this is a tough one!

2021 PY with 140K miles prob 160 by the time I get my CT. I'll be underwater a bit due to high mileage. However..... I've also made over 75K on it Towing/Plowing Snow/Uber/Lyft etc. and gotten a LOT of tax write-off miles.

But, once I get the CT, I can't imagine driving the Y much. I'll NEVER want to take it to Flagstaff for my vacation rentals (a couple are on dirt roads) or to plow, when I have a CT with more range and ability.

I'll also have to pay more insurance, and probably another $100+ a mo. for a parking spot...

Unless I decide to TURO the Y (which I've done with previous Teslas) I don't see it making sense financially to keep it... FSD RoboTaxi?? LOL Seems a bit far away to hold out hope for that. IF it was around the corner I would definitely keep it and run it 24/7 as a Robo... but realistically?? 2-4+ years away?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Yea, this is a tough one!

2021 PY with 140K miles prob 160 by the time I get my CT. I'll be underwater a bit due to high mileage. However..... I've also made over 75K on it Towing/Plowing Snow/Uber/Lyft etc. and gotten a LOT of tax write-off miles.

But, once I get the CT, I can't imagine driving the Y much. I'll NEVER want to take it to Flagstaff for my vacation rentals (a couple are on dirt roads) or to plow, when I have a CT with more range and ability.

I'll also have to pay more insurance, and probably another $100+ a mo. for a parking spot...

Unless I decide to TURO the Y (which I've done with previous Teslas) I don't see it making sense financially to keep it... FSD RoboTaxi?? LOL Seems a bit far away to hold out hope for that. IF it was around the corner I would definitely keep it and run it 24/7 as a Robo... but realistically?? 2-4+ years away?
How much do you owe left?

I do Uber/Lyft every now and then in my MYP and I will in my CT too.

Just got a 7kish trade quote for my wife's civic from Tesla. Which is okay.

We owe about 19k on the Y with a 1.24% interest rate. So I'm like not about to refinance. It's gonna make me do that Tesla stretch to keep both.

Luckily I'm gonna go back to work full-time come January so I'll be able to do it (as long as CT isn't 100k lol)

Can't wait to Uber in CT tho

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When my CT order comes up I will be selling my trusty Tacoma Truck which has served me well for 17+ years. The CT will be 7th truck in my lifetime. "Lucky 7". I'll be in my early 70's (hopefully) when my CT is delivered. I figure, what the hell! I can do what I want!

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
How much do you owe left?

I do Uber/Lyft every now and then in my MYP and I will in my CT too.

Just got a 7kish trade quote for my wife's civic from Tesla. Which is okay.

We owe about 19k on the Y with a 1.24% interest rate. So I'm like not about to refinance. It's gonna make me do that Tesla stretch to keep both.

Luckily I'm gonna go back to work full-time come January so I'll be able to do it (as long as CT isn't 100k lol)

Can't wait to Uber in CT tho
Still owe 36K...

Yea, I wouldn't mind keeping both, but it's only me so I can only drive one at a time.

YES, can't wait to Uber in the CT... will blow minds (at least for a year or two before they are as common as Ys now lol)

panpan101

First Name
PanPan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
CT will be an addition to my M3LR. Also, this is a WANT for me, not a NEED. I'll only buy if it is priced right, which for me is $60k or less for the dual motor.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I agree, tho I ran those roads in an '87 Civic so I don't think that its dirt and rock is the big problem. It's just that having a truck that's nearly as efficient carrying far more would be more attractive.

-Crissa

Sasmania

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
I agree, tho I ran those roads in an '87 Civic so I don't think that its dirt and rock is the big problem. It's just that having a truck that's nearly as efficient carrying far more would be more attractive.

-Crissa
Exactly! It's not that the Y can't do it, it obviously can, but a CT will be SO MUCH better, tougher, no worries about paint, potholes or deep snow. Not to mention all the real off road trails that the Y can't (or shouldn't) access...

L3it3R

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Model 3 Performance FSD, '21 Model Y LR FSD&AB
Occupation
Cybersecurity/Software/Sales/etc.
Country flag
I'll be trading in my '21 M3 Performance w/FSD for my early reservation (first 10k-ish) TriMotor w/FSD. My wife also has a Tesla (Model Y LR w/FSD, accel boost, etc.)
I've loved the M3P, but I'm a big dude (6'4", 230lbs) and I'm starting to feel the size of the car in my knees lol
Sponsored