Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
In the south with the glass roof, the black interior will be HOT...Im talking melt water bottles and kids toys hot. Maybe Camel color would be a cool color...NOT WHITE. Some shade system to reduce the amount of sun coming through the roof...otherwise the AC will work hard to cool and keep cool and thus reduce range...
Our Model Y has the all glass roof and the ONLY time I feel the sun is when it comes through the windshield. Why the windshields don't have good heat mitigation is beyond me. Anyway, I don't think the CT roof will be very hot even in the heat. Yes, I'm in Nebraska. But, it was in the 100s recently and the MY was just fine.
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Our Model Y has the all glass roof and the ONLY time I feel the sun is when it comes through the windshield. Why the windshields don't have good heat mitigation is beyond me. Anyway, I don't think the CT roof will be very hot even in the heat. Yes, I'm in Nebraska. But, it was in the 100s recently and the MY was just fine.
We did a test drive of the Model Y yesterday and, compared to our Model 3, it was very quiet...about the same as my Lexus RX. View out the front is excellent. VERY impressive. Is this similar to yours?

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
We did a test drive of the Model Y yesterday and, compared to our Model 3, it was very quiet...about the same as my Lexus RX. View out the front is excellent. VERY impressive. Is this similar to yours?
Our Model Y is our first Tesla. It's the only model I've ridden in except for a 2016 Model S but that was only across the parking lot. It is quiet. It is WORLDS more quiet than my Prius... yes, after I sold my F350 Platinum to get the MY without a huge loan, the Prius is my penance. Anyway, THAT little car is loud... wind, road, suspension noise... it has it all. My truck was a lot more quiet than the Prius. The MY is refreshingly quiet though I've heard the MS is even more quiet.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Interior Colors and Materials 20200621 Donna's Model Y 02

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Our Model Y is our first Tesla. It's the only model I've ridden in except for a 2016 Model S but that was only across the parking lot. It is quiet. It is WORLDS more quiet than my Prius... yes, after I sold my F350 Platinum to get the MY without a huge loan, the Prius is my penance. Anyway, THAT little car is loud... wind, road, suspension noise... it has it all. My truck was a lot more quiet than the Prius. The MY is refreshingly quiet though I've heard the MS is even more quiet.

20200621 Donna's Model Y 02.jpg
That s the color I ordered, but I cancelled the order to get the Cybertruck. Now my wife is thinking of getting it again and trading the M3. Yours looks great. I wonder what it would be like to live in a place with real green again.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
That s the color I ordered, but I cancelled the order to get the Cybertruck. Now my wife is thinking of getting it again and trading the M3. Yours looks great. I wonder what it would be like to live in a place with real green again.
We really like it. We've had it wrapped since this photo and I haven't taken any new ones yet (it looks about the same though). The interior is black and I mean black. I've never seen a darker interior than this. Oh, the guy who wrapped the car offered and then wrapped the center console with a Matte finish. It looks outstanding that way and WAY less prone to finger smudges.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Expect CT sensors to crack front door windows when interior temps exceed specs to modulate heat gain. More...add ceramic film to front windscreen to cut UV (cancer) if you are really worried. Ceramic cuts IR but UV cuts are what it excels.

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Is there such a thing as a nice interior that is easy to wash and care for without seat covers? That’s the one for me!
The FJ Cruiser had this.
Sponsored