OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche (current) , Cybertruck x 2 (preordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Ok, it was just a suggestion. Keep up the good work!

After zooming in on the map I saw that. It does look pretty big. I wonder if Apple plans to keep that campus when they complete the new one?

The news article did say that the new site will be able to house up to 15,000 employees. 2.3 million square feet of office space.

Austin is growing like crazy!

I have family in Round Rock and near Cedar Park so I plan to go visit sometime this year.
Cedar Park, Round Rock, Pflugerville, etc. are all areas that have grown like crazy and nice places to live! Be sure to swing by the site when you come visit them!

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
Last 30 days -- construction permits issued. hmmm

Construction Permits Issue last 30 days..png
I looked this up as well and the blue cluster on the west side of 130 and north of the Colorado River is actually new housing in a subdivision that looks to be finishing up. I don't see anything on this one that is related to the project. Will definitely be keeping an eye out though!

OP
OP
BoomTrooper

BoomTrooper

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
I wonder when they will start pouring concrete? In 2-3 weeks?
Anything is likely at this pace. They seem to be using that new patch of land north of Martin Marietta to actually train cement truck drivers. I'll try to get better footage of it when I go out tomorrow.

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Anything is likely at this pace. They seem to be using that new patch of land north of Martin Marietta to actually train cement truck drivers. I'll try to get better footage of it when I go out tomorrow.
Cool! Thanks Randy

TruckElectric

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Ram diesel
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Video of a meetup at the Terafactory Austin construction site with Austin and San Antonio Tesla Owners Club. The video was posted today but I think the meet was yesterday since it's not sunset yet.

From the video description: Tesla Owners Club of Austin and San Antonio Meetup at the Austin Gigafactory site at sunset. The site is just west of the City of Austin just a bit northeast of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. The meet was limited to 100 cars so that is why so few Teslas. There are a lot of Teslas in Austin and would guess there would have been many more without the restriction on attendance.

Last edited:

Bond007

First Name
Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Awesome.... Normally when I order a vehicle from any dealership, I follow them from the time of ordering to manufacturing (if available), then tracking shipment, and then delivery.
I can say with confidence that this is the only vehicle that I'd be buying, which I had followed from conception, unveiling, selection of factory site, factory construction, production of vehicle, and delivery. :D

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Video of a meetup at the Terafactory Austin construction site with Austin and San Antonio Tesla Owners Club. The video was posted today but I think the meet was yesterday since it's not sunset yet.

From the video description: Tesla Owners Club of Austin and San Antonio Meetup at the Austin Gigafactory site at sunset. The site is just west of the City of Austin just a bit northeast of the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. The meet was limited to 100 cars so that is why so few Teslas. There are a lot of Teslas in Austin and would guess there would have been many more without the restriction on attendance.

I have not seen this much support from owners for an auto manufacturer in my lifetime. No one is meeting up just to watch the new (_Insert any other auto maker here_) factory get built. I dont even own a Tesla yet and i am obsessed with the company.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Hardly any other manufacturer has built a new factory just to build a new model.

So this is pretty new.

-Crissa
Uhhhh thats not true at all.. Detroit Hamtramck plant is GM new entirely electric factory.
Porsche built the Zuffenhausen factory solely for Taycan production and ford is currently constructing a entirely new factory for the EV F-150.. the list goes on.

You did however further prove my point :)
Sponsored