Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
Missed the whole thing - any Cybertruck news?
only, they will almost certainly put a/c in the bed/vault area. and production will try to be 200-300k vehicles per year, i think thats all. also they are using different battery chemistrys for different products, so ct and semi will use the best basically, high cycle life, high range.

Here's what Tesla brought out for display at Battery Day.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate eii6fr-xgaawhz0-jpeg-

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate eii6ftxwsaabaif-jpeg-

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate eii6fr3xcaeyszn-jpeg-

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate eii6fr3xcamx_9v-jpeg-
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

sys700

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
If Tesla sells all the Cybertrucks Musk says it will build, it would rank well below the competition. Ford Motor Co. sold more than 896,000 F-Series pickups in 2019. Fiat Chrysler was second, selling more than 633,000 Ram pickups.
They neglect to mention that the CT will siphon off sales from the competition.

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
seriously disappointed in the comments about V2G for the CT. I don't need the capability except during power outages here in New Orleans where the grid is third world. Don't care to sell power back to the grid because they won't buy it. If it's just software, then give me THAT option upon purchase to use my new CT to run my home when the shit hits the fan here. Bought the solar panel system with the hope of bi-directional capability for the CT. Other than that, Tesla has dunked on ALL the legacy and EV "manufacturers"...90% of Wall Street and the general public have NO idea of what Elon and his peeps have done and are doing.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
seriously disappointed in the comments about V2G for the CT. I don't need the capability except during power outages here in New Orleans where the grid is third world. Don't care to sell power back to the grid because they won't buy it. If it's just software, then give me THAT option upon purchase to use my new CT to run my home when the shit hits the fan here. Bought the solar panel system with the hope of bi-directional capability for the CT. Other than that, Tesla has dunked on ALL the legacy and EV "manufacturers"...90% of Wall Street and the general public have NO idea of what Elon and his peeps have done and are doing.
It really sounded like Elon doesn't want to hurt sales of powerwalls and was double speaking his way around using a CT battery for your home. Crissa mentioned it before, you can always use the outlets in the bed of the truck to plug things in.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
seriously disappointed in the comments about V2G for the CT. I don't need the capability except during power outages here in New Orleans where the grid is third world. Don't care to sell power back to the grid because they won't buy it.
Well, you don't need V2G then, you just want V2H and the Cybertruck already comes with that.

-Crissa

I was disappointed too, I was hoping they'd have more powerwall stuff at this meeting. He just handwaved it as hard, maybe in the future, etc. And what he said about AC in the back was the same as he said about it before and the request for a mid-gate. 'We'll see'.

I hope he takes these to heart, they would make the truck a game-changer. Basically a tiny reefer truck.

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Discovery 2, Tesla MIC Model 3.
Country flag
Looks like we here in Australia may have to wait even longer if the 'big' CT isn't coming down under.
:(

CybrTrkWdWk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor FSD
Occupation
Design, Woodworking
Country flag
Unless Australia is really strict with vehicle pedestrian safety laws like Europe, i would think the full size CT would be a great fit for Australia. Especially since you don't have narrow roads like Europe either.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Australia has huge barriers to importing cars from the US. The first one is 'the Pacific Ocean' the second is their dollar doesn't go far, and that one last means nearly all American cars count as luxury cars there.

-Crissa

Last edited:

hobbit11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Country flag
It really sounded like Elon doesn't want to hurt sales of powerwalls and was double speaking his way around using a CT battery for your home. Crissa mentioned it before, you can always use the outlets in the bed of the truck to plug things in.
need the whole house to be online and the CT truck would do that. With my solar panel system, i could get by easily if the whole battery was available and would fit my needs perfectly

Joe Maw

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fairlane
Occupation
Miner
Country flag
Pedestrian laws in Australia should not be a big problem with the CT
This is common practice fitting these.
Holden the local car produced in Australia as from last year closed down and no long exists,so imports laws should ease up as we have no car industry to protect.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate Screenshot_2020-09-24-03-57-02

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
They neglect to mention that the CT will siphon off sales from the competition.
Not necessarily, I have never purchased a new truck from any manufacturer (used yes), the CT will be my first brand new truck.

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Australia has huge barriers to importing cars from the US. The first one is 'the Pacific Ocean' the second is their dollar doesn't go far, and that one last means nearly all American cars count as luxury cars there.

-Crissa
These are correct, but I think our biggest problem may be that a right-hand drive version will be required for us and that will take some engineering which Tesla may choose to utilize on other work for larger markets. Ram trucks are now available in Australia and proving fairly popular but that only works because there is a Ram approved conversion company here doing the left to right conversion. There is no question CT would be popular here. The Toyota Hilux dual (twin) cab ute (pick-up) is the most popular vehicle followed by the Ford Ranger dual cab ute. It is only a question if Tesla sees a benefit in engineering and shipping the CT for Oz.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not necessarily, I have never purchased a new truck from any manufacturer (used yes), the CT will be my first brand new truck.
Me too. There's more than a few of use stepping into a bigger vehicle that we'd normally choose to get the Cybertruck features.

These are correct, but I think our biggest problem may be that a right-hand drive version ...
Reversing the driver's seat and controls isn't so difficult for a drive-by-wire system. It is true that I can't think of any other place that uses big trucks and your backwards wheel configuration, which means your market is very small.

-Crissa

LyleC

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Me too. There's more than a few of use stepping into a bigger vehicle that we'd normally choose to get the Cybertruck features.

Reversing the driver's seat and controls isn't so difficult for a drive-by-wire system. It is true that I can't think of any other place that uses big trucks and your backwards wheel configuration, which means your market is very small.

-Crissa
South Africa - And a bullet proof car there would be a selling point.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I guess that gives another reason for a Terafactory Australia, then. India uses backwards cars, too, tho they don't like the wide ones so much, if I recall.

Can Perth take big cargo ships?

-Crissa
Sponsored