Threads
Reaction score
431 Chemin De L'Anse Saint-Placide QC J0V2B0
Vehicles
I ORDERED A CYBERTRUCK.
Occupation
RETIRED ON A PENSION.
Country flag
Well for me this means we'll probably have a price in August. If the price is high and I win the lottery (which I don't actually play) I'm sure my place in line will jet forward. If the price is low then I have more time to stash a few acorns.

Trying to figure out how to buy a model 3 before the cybertruck comes out and still be able to buy a cybertruck. And also not get tied down with lots of new debt. And also somehow achieve some financial goals before retirement. Hmm... This may not compute...
----------------------------
I invested in Tesla stock before understanding that the stock market is a gambling game. I lost thousands but managed to place some money in a few safe provincial government bank stocks only to realize that safe meant waiting years for the wealth bank managers to allow me access to my own money...much the same way Tesla has made me wait years for a Cyber-truck.... I will be able to sell the stocks around the same time Tesla produces the Truck but if the truck is too expensive, my Nest Egg will crack!

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
That puts my delivery date to '24-'25. I'll be well into my 80s. Iwonder if I will be able to climb into the front seat
I have the same issue. I'll be 80 y o around this time next year. And if I have to remodel my garage to fit the CT is another issue. Some in the forum advised to just plug it to the charger park in the driveway. That's a good idea but today was 113 deg F where I live very hot.

Cybershot

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Occupation
Handlowiek. konstruktor. projektant.
Country flag
Well for me this means we'll probably have a price in August. If the price is high and I win the lottery (which I don't actually play) I'm sure my place in line will jet forward. If the price is low then I have more time to stash a few acorns.

Trying to figure out how to buy a model 3 before the cybertruck comes out and still be able to buy a cybertruck. And also not get tied down with lots of new debt. And also somehow achieve some financial goals before retirement. Hmm... This may not compute...
The limitation this year is the presses. That's why Elon stated 250,000. Per Idra and the cycle time of 2 min on the presses it comes out to about 250,000 . Maybe they were able to increase that. Also note that Elon gave an increment of 250,000 indicating that if they had 2 additional presses they could make another 250,000k. My guess is that its more likely Tesla is wisely adding some fluff to the first year demand to make sure suppliers are prepared as they ramp up. No one building anything in production would ask a supplier to provide the exact amount they intend to produce. there is always waste factor, and some fluff for issues.

Cybershot

First Name
Piotr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla y
Occupation
Handlowiek. konstruktor. projektant.
Country flag
Ograniczeniem w tym roku są prasy. Dlatego Elon podał 250 000. Na Idrę i czas cyklu 2 min na prasach wychodzi około 250 tys. Może udało im się to zwiększyć. Zauważ również, że Elon dał przyrost 250 000, wskazując, że gdyby mieli 2 dodatkowe prasy, mogliby zarobić kolejne 250 000 000. Domyślam się, że bardziej prawdopodobne jest, że Tesla mądrze dodaje trochę puchu do popytu w pierwszym roku, aby upewnić się, że dostawcy są przygotowani na ich wzrost. Nikt, kto buduje coś w produkcji, nie prosi dostawcy o podanie dokładnej ilości, jaką zamierza wyprodukować. zawsze istnieje czynnik marnotrawstwa i trochę puchu na problemy.
[/CYTAT]

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Some in the forum advised to just plug it to the charger park in the driveway. That's a good idea but today was 113 deg F where I live very hot.
Well, get a light colored cable. Run a gutter to hide the cable in some semblance of shade along the drive. Run it only over pavement.

The truck can't keep itself cool over an extended period if it's not plugged in.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, get a light colored cable. Run a gutter to hide the cable in some semblance of shade along the drive. Run it only over pavement.

The truck can't keep itself cool over an extended period if it's not plugged in.

-Crissa
A good argument for solar right there. So every time you come out to the car it’s nice and cool.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
I have the same issue. I'll be 80 y o around this time next year. And if I have to remodel my garage to fit the CT is another issue. Some in the forum advised to just plug it to the charger park in the driveway. That's a good idea but today was 113 deg F where I live very hot.
At your age, I'd just park it in the driveway and say screw it. You can precool the car before you leave. Or just use a 3rd party app to schedule cooling for certain times (hottest part of the day). Probably won't cost but a few extra dollars a month, if you're concerned with the dash melting.

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
At my age, I still want to take care of the truck so when I'm too old and weak to drive, it'll have a good price when I sell it.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
At my age, I still want to take care of the truck so when I'm too old and weak to drive, it'll have a good price when I sell it.
And hopefully by then FSD will take you where you want to go!

Cyberostachu

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla.Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
And hopefully by then FSD will take you where you want to go!
I know people will have different opinions. I don't really like to get FSD. Maybe it's the cost and not being able to utilize it fully. Just me.
Sponsored