BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I’ve been looking towards wrapping my CT matte/satin black and had my wrap shop get these two samples. Shocking to see them next to each other. Both have about the same sheen. But the stek is very black vs the pure ppf which seems to maybe reflect more light? I know these have been two of the more common brands used around here. I’m not sure how I will want to go. What say you folks?

IMG_3049.jpeg
Sponsored

jf64k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 MYLR x2, 2024 FS AWD on order
Country flag
From the photo, I prefer the "less black" Pure PPF.

FWIW, I was all set to wrap in a burnt orange of some kind, but MAN do CTs look good in satin black!!

OP
OP

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
Got the sample kit. There are a ton of cool colors available now. More than on there sight. Several of them tempt me, but I keep coming back to black

CTFS2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Country flag
I’ve been looking towards wrapping my CT matte/satin black and had my wrap shop get these two samples. Shocking to see them next to each other. Both have about the same sheen. But the stek is very black vs the pure ppf which seems to maybe reflect more light? I know these have been two of the more common brands used around here. I’m not sure how I will want to go. What say you folks?

IMG_3049.jpeg
I think there is a difference in Satin vs. Matte. I like Satin more - reflects light so it's different during day time and angle- compared to Matte... But it's hard to look at the small sample. I had my wrap guy put a piece on the trunk for me to make decision. May be if you are still debating, have the guy put a larger piece on the truck. You don't want to regret later.

OP
OP

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I’ll try to post a clip. I was surprised the sheen was identical, as I thought that would be the difference The difference is tonal. Then I looked at web pics specifically of these two on cybertrucks. You can see the deeper black on the stek when you’re comparing them. To me The stek gives more of that Batmobile feeling and the satin is warmer.

The Tumbler

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck FD series Dual Motor AWD
Occupation
Real Estate Broker
Country flag
Just got mine wrapped in Stek high gloss black ppf. It’s expensive but my installer said it’s the highest quality product he’s worked with.

For what that’s worth…

OP
OP

BeleeEV

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S
Country flag
I love the look in gloss black. Stek is the thickest with the best warranty that I’ve seen.

GFleck

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y
Country flag
Personally prefer the deeper black. Probably go with something like that myself. Although, surprisingly to even myself, I think they look really great in white also.

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag
Stek black matte on backorder. Had to swap companies to get something for my appt today.

Went with Legend PPF their raven black matte/satin.

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Cyberbeast, S Plaid, X Plaid, MYP, M3P
Occupation
Upgrading Tesla Cybertrucks!
Country flag

Old Red

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck 3-Motor - FSD - on order
Occupation
Data Security Analyst
Country flag
Once you go Black, you never go back …

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla CT AWD FS
Country flag
I'll give you another option, TMaxx PPF in gloss or satin black, or Xpel Gloss Black PPF. We offer DIY Cybertruck PPF kits, we offer a pro-cut (for those that want to roll edges), or the full roll by itself. Happy to send sample if needed. Check some out here:

https://tsportline.com/collections/...la-cybertruck-diy-color-change-vinyl-wrap-kit

https://tsportline.com/blogs/custom-tesla-cybertruck-gallery/tagged/wrap
Question on the rolled edges. Without those, the wrap still rolls over the edges, just not as much? I plan to order the TMaxx Satin PPF, what's the extra for the rolled vs advertised?

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Question on the rolled edges. Without those, the wrap still rolls over the edges, just not as much? I plan to order the TMaxx Satin PPF, what's the extra for the rolled vs advertised?
We dont charge much extra for rolled edge ppf, it's just something you ask for. There is a small extra kit needed for rolled-edge ppf (It is $59.95, some things you'll use for the edges during install).

Look at it like this:

edge-to-edge PPF is fairly easy and fast to install. For clear, it's a no brainer. You can certainly do it on black PPF, but all edges are still 'stainless steel' color. So some folks like to roll the PPF over the edge just like vinyl wrap. Totally doable, but it will take more time -- it's mostly more 'work', difficulty is no more difficult than vinyl wrap. When we do a pro install on color ppf here, we roll the edges.

I have satin black TMaxx PPF in stock, just cut two kits this morning - we're installing one now.

IMG_9460.JPG

T Sportline

Site Sponsor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Check it out here, our Satin Black TMaxx DIY PPF Kit, with "rolled edges" being installed today....

CyberNickOH

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Tesla CT AWD FS
Country flag
Do you have a video of the non-rolled version? I'd almost do the rolled, but what that video shows is what im used to.
Sponsored