Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
"Twenty-eight companies in the electric vehicle industry, including big names like Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian, have joined forces to create a new organization called ZETA, with the goal to push for 100% electric vehicle sales by 2030."

Sources: Electrek The Verge

Founding members :
ABB
Albemarle Corporation
Arrival
ChargePoint
ConEdison
Copper Development Association, Inc.
Duke Energy
Edison International
Enel X
EVBox
EVgo
Ioneer
Li-Cycle
Lordstown Motors
Lucid Motors
Piedmont Lithium
PG&E Corporation
Proterra
Redwood Materials
Rivian
Siemens
Southern Company
SRP
Tesla
Vistra
Volta
Uber
WAVE
Sponsored

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
"Twenty-eight companies in the electric vehicle industry, including big names like Tesla, Lucid, and Rivian, have joined forces to create a new organization called ZETA, with the goal to push for 100% electric vehicle sales by 2030."

Sources: Electrek The Verge

Founding members :
ABB
Albemarle Corporation
Arrival
ChargePoint
ConEdison
Copper Development Association, Inc.
Duke Energy
Edison International
Enel X
EVBox
EVgo
Ioneer
Li-Cycle
Lordstown Motors
Lucid Motors
Piedmont Lithium
PG&E Corporation
Proterra
Redwood Materials
Rivian
Siemens
Southern Company
SRP
Tesla
Vistra
Volta
Uber
WAVE

I wonder what the inspiration for the name was?

Maybe Zeta Reticuli

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
It's the 6th letter in the Greek alphabet. I used to work for a company with that name referring to Zeta Orionis, But it also has significance to persons with certain, uh, proclivities as we found out when prospective employees did web searches on us.

Last edited:

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I am most excited for this part of the lobbying effort:

4. Domestic manufacturing. We should not only accelerate US transportation electrification but also work to ensure that we secure domestic economic growth and leadership in EV manufacturing. Federal policies must encourage job creation and economic activity across the entire EV supply chain and lifecycle, from critical materials to vehicles.

Importance of economic resilience is vastly underrated.

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
I noticed my power company is in the group, I will admit they are progressive as far as electric providers are, when I lived in Arizona I had SRP and they are NOT!

azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
It's the 6th letter in the Greek alphabet. I used to work for a company with that name referring to Zeta Orionis, But it also has significance to persons with certain, uh, proclivities as we found out when prospective employees did web searches on us.
I did name my GSP Orion, after the hunter in Greek mythology and my interest in the Orion star system and the theories With Orions Belt and possible alien history

JETMECH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1997 T100 4x4, 2012 Cadillac CTS Wagon, 3.6 AWD, 2018 Rad Mini E-bike
Occupation
Retired, A&P Mechanic/Techincal Conslutan
Country flag
I would be leery of ZETA with members such as Duke Energy, SRP, Southern Company. These companies lobby against consumers generating their own electricity by adding power generation fees, pushing back against net metering, setting limits on power buy back . They love fossil fuels not really zero emissions players in my book. Check out "Johnathan Scott's Power Trip" on PBS's Independent Lens

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
... These companies lobby against consumers generating their own electricity by adding power generation fees, pushing back against net metering, setting limits on power buy back.
Yeah, the real test will be to see what ZETA actually lobbies for. There are a bunch of companies there that would benefit from net metering and virtual power plants.

-Crissa

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I used to work for one of those utilities and they are backing it for the profit that expanded electrical use will generate. Electricity is a traded commodity that by having the market dictate the wholesale price was supposed to increase efficiency and lower cost. Wholesale prices did come way down but all that meant was traders and utilities made more profit and everywhere electricity is not regulated the prices to homeowners is higher. The regulated markets are almost the lowest prices in the US. The lowest price is TVA as the entity you pay your bill to is the Electric Power Board whos mandate is to dispense TVA generated electricity at no profit.
I still have utility stock for the dividends but our current system of for profit companies controlling what is so elemental to driving every aspect of our economy is sad. My proxy statements from years ago if you dug down in them you find that 40% of the revenue generated goes to executive compensation. Electric utilities do not need high paid executives when they are selling a commodity that everyone buys and everyone will continue to buy. The reason they get so much money is the premise of increasing shareholder value and income that all winds up coming out of the consumers pocket for no benefit to the consumer. Electricity can and should be so much cheaper which would make switching to all electric transportation that much more obvious.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
I used to work for one of those utilities and they are backing it for the profit that expanded electrical use will generate. Electricity is a traded commodity that by having the market dictate the wholesale price was supposed to increase efficiency and lower cost. Wholesale prices did come way down but all that meant was traders and utilities made more profit and everywhere electricity is not regulated the prices to homeowners is higher. The regulated markets are almost the lowest prices in the US. The lowest price is TVA as the entity you pay your bill to is the Electric Power Board whos mandate is to dispense TVA generated electricity at no profit.
I still have utility stock for the dividends but our current system of for profit companies controlling what is so elemental to driving every aspect of our economy is sad. My proxy statements from years ago if you dug down in them you find that 40% of the revenue generated goes to executive compensation. Electric utilities do not need high paid executives when they are selling a commodity that everyone buys and everyone will continue to buy. The reason they get so much money is the premise of increasing shareholder value and income that all winds up coming out of the consumers pocket for no benefit to the consumer. Electricity can and should be so much cheaper which would make switching to all electric transportation that much more obvious.
I think you just made an argument of the failure of capitalism.

Kamin

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Health Physicist
Country flag
I think you just made an argument of the failure of capitalism.
For things that all the public uses and which you are forced to buy from your providing monopoly such as electricity, internet, water and sewer yes. Chattanooga built a municipal internet that outperformed all the cable companies. That freaked out the cable industry to where they bribed legislators to stop any other cities from following suit.
Its too bad that Netflix canceled Hasan Minhaj "Patriot Act". His episode on "Why your Internet Sucks" is quite informative as well as the one on public transportation.
Sponsored