Floor height from ground (and running boards?)

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Avalanche, Subaru Forrester, Ford Focus, 1932 Deuce Coupe
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
I'm sure I could look this up, but I thought I'd see if others here knew already. Anyone know what the height from ground the floor will be (barring dropping the suspension). I was talking about how big the CT is with my wife and she said "your mother is never going to be able to get into this". I thought it might be a valid point. Given that only the rear end drops for loading, how much would that lower the entry height for a passenger? And, along those lines, has anyone heard if it would/could have running boards (especially the kind that would tuck away when the door is closed) to easy entry?

Thanks,
Robert
Sponsored

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
I'm sure I could look this up, but I thought I'd see if others here knew already. Anyone know what the height from ground the floor will be (barring dropping the suspension). I was talking about how big the CT is with my wife and she said "your mother is never going to be able to get into this". I thought it might be a valid point. Given that only the rear end drops for loading, how much would that lower the entry height for a passenger? And, along those lines, has anyone heard if it would/could have running boards (especially the kind that would tuck away when the door is closed) to easy entry?

Thanks,
Robert

Why do you assume only the rear end drops? Raising and lowering of the entire body is a built in mechanism of how the CT will drive on highways at speed efficiency. Raising up for off road conditions when needed. Lowering on highways for high speeds. Up. Down. All over.

OP
OP

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
Why do you assume only the rear end drops? Raising and lowering of the entire body is a built in mechanism of how the CT will drive on highways at speed efficiency. Raising up for off road conditions when needed. Lowering on highways for high speeds. Up. Down. All over.
Yeah, good point I guess, I'm probably assuming based on the pictures of the truck squatting to help load stuff on the ramp (where the front end is way up in the air).

Still, any idea what the actual ride height will be?

Vrakpant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover 109, Ford Transit Custom
Country flag

Thanks,
Robert
doesnt look like people have problems entering or exiting. bet it can go even lower than this as well

OP
OP

rjtumble

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Computer Support
Country flag
doesnt look like people have problems entering or exiting. bet it can go even lower than this as well

Ha, I just thought about checking that video and you're right, shouldn't be a problem, thanks!

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I believe it stems from some press images where it was loading the cyberquad and only the rear end was lowered.

I do however see it as a possibility that it will automatically lower all over due to the “Easy Entry” setting, or from the app. No reason not to.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I do however see it as a possibility that it will automatically lower all over due to the “Easy Entry” setting, or from the app. No reason not to.
Pretty sure it'll just do that in 'park'. I can think maybe on a rough surface you might not want it to ground out, but that's the outlier, really.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
Pretty sure it'll just do that in 'park'. I can think maybe on a rough surface you might not want it to ground out, but that's the outlier, really.

-Crissa
Yes, thats’s handy most often. Another outlier would be when you don’t want the battery to lower into deep snow (local niche situation for me perhaps). If that wasn’t included in the definition of “rough surfaces” that is.

Actually it should probably have radars like the X falconwings, so it doesn’t crash down into a rock as you mentioned.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Yeah, good point I guess, I'm probably assuming based on the pictures of the truck squatting to help load stuff on the ramp (where the front end is way up in the air).

Still, any idea what the actual ride height will be?
No one knows. We know that the ground clearance ranges from 8” to 16” and that the minimum height (presumably at 8”) is 75”. A half-assed guess is 12”.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

-Crissa
I hope you're right that when it goes into park it will lower down like this in my driveway!
Tesla Cybertruck Floor height from ground (and running boards?) frontlowered

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
I hope you're right that when it goes into park it will lower down like this in my driveway!
frontlowered.jpg
It would be neat if this was geofencable. Like the side mirrors on existing Teslas. So it wouldn’t rise up before fully exited from the garage. Assuming it will fit at all in the length dimension of course.

I’m not familiar with which features are on the X in this regard.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
It would be neat if this was geofencable. Like the side mirrors on existing Teslas. So it wouldn’t rise up before fully exited from the garage.
If you can do it with mirrors, I'm sure it will be an option. I think you can just select the height in the S already, anyhow.

-Crissa

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
It would be neat if this was geofencable. Like the side mirrors on existing Teslas. So it wouldn’t rise up before fully exited from the garage. Assuming it will fit at all in the length dimension of course.

I’m not familiar with which features are on the X in this regard.
EV vendors are saying it takes energy to preheat/precondition the car and batteries. Wouldnt it seem like a waste of energy to get the car to squat and raise every time you exited the vehicle

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
EV vendors are saying it takes energy to preheat/precondition the car and batteries. Wouldnt it seem like a waste of energy to get the car to squat and raise every time you exited the vehicle
That is why I thought it would be a good idea to have an electric or pneumatic step for driver or passengers. Much less energy used for just a step than the entire vehicle.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
That is why I thought it would be a good idea to have an electric or pneumatic step for driver or passengers. Much less energy used for just a step than the entire vehicle.
I definitely agree with that. This truck should have retractable running boards. I am sure if they don’t come stock there will be a lot of aftermarket options
Sponsored