Wow. Everyone will want to watch this.

Summary by @CyberOwl

Cybertruck takeaways...
Number one...Aviod the ramp!
Skip paint, source of fit/finish issues
Expect amazing seats
FSD is mind blowing
FSD primary objective don't crash/don't get tricked
Single piece casting...eventually(maybe)
Shear transfer, cell becomes structural
Polar moment of inertia, big won't feel big
Aluminum potato chips, not allowed
Lithium 12V...maybe 48 for CT?
FSD ambulance mode

Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

CyberOwl

First Name
Ace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Series AWD, Model 3 RWD, Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Foul Owl
Country flag
Cybertruck takeaways...

Number one...Avoid the ramp!
Expect amazing seats
FSD is mind blowing
FSD ambulance mode

Last edited:

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
One Elon takeaways that might apply to the Cybertruck....

Buy a vehicle right at the beginning of production or once production has reached a steady state, production ramp up is where the little problems show up.
2:13

Last edited:
OP
OP

egandalf

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Cybertruck takeaways...

Number one...Aviod the ramp!
Expect amazing seats
FSD is mind blowing
FSD ambulance mode
Nice! Thanks for posting a summary. (y)

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
This was really exciting and ended up being fairly insightful. You have to read between the lines and make your own observations but WOW!
My takeaway was Elon doesn't want to get the Cybertruck production line going at 80mph and then have to change a tire :p That's why they stopped production on S & X. So they could make changes they've wanted to make for awhile. Elon seems really excited about building new machines to build the machines.
Elon has misgivings about putting out FSD, because even when it was half baked/ not that good. People were still acting like idots and putting WAY too much trust in it. He rightfully is worried about putting FSD in everyone's cars that is so good people will trust more than they should because it can still make catastrophic mistakes. HE'S RIGHT! A false sense of security can be very bad.
Also it really sounds like the Cybertruck is going to be SOLID!!!

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
He rightfully is worried about putting FSD in everyone's cars that is so good people will trust more than they should because it can still make catastrophic mistakes.
How do you have the right amount of trust? For me FSD is a binary thing. Either I can trust it and watch my Netflix while it gets me home or I don’t, turn it off and listen to my podcast while I get me home.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
How do you have the right amount of trust? For me FSD is a binary thing. Either I can trust it and watch my Netflix while it gets me home or I don’t, turn it off and listen to my podcast while I get me home.
Well, right now FSD level 3. It can do lots of things, but the driver needs to have attention at all time. It's merely assistive. Autopilot is full level 2. It can handle simple 'keeping' things but can't do lots of things and is half-blind.

Level 4 is where it gets funky: That's, it can't do everything, but it knows enough that it can alert a human to take over in a minute or so and manage safely (or to get off the road safely) until then. But what is enough for 4 but isn't 5, full unattended driving?

-Crissa

I liked, it only needs to be as smart as a horse ^-^

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
This was really exciting and ended up being fairly insightful. You have to read between the lines and make your own observations but WOW!
My takeaway was Elon doesn't want to get the Cybertruck production line going at 80mph and then have to change a tire :p That's why they stopped production on S & X. So they could make changes they've wanted to make for awhile. Elon seems really excited about building new machines to build the machines.
Elon has misgivings about putting out FSD, because even when it was half baked/ not that good. People were still acting like idots and putting WAY too much trust in it. He rightfully is worried about putting FSD in everyone's cars that is so good people will trust more than they should because it can still make catastrophic mistakes. HE'S RIGHT! A false sense of security can be very bad.
Also it really sounds like the Cybertruck is going to be SOLID!!!
Was Cybertruck mentioned at all? Before I saw it through I would have thought Munro would be all Cybertruck.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Like anything in life, we all have different parameters for what is right for US. Their are people that don't trust Commercial Airline flight and won't ever get on a plane. And there are people that are signing up to fly to space next year with Space X. So trust is a personal thing. To me, the right amount of trust is based on what Tesla says. If they don't think the vehicle is prepared to deal with ALL edge cases, without anyone in the drivers seat. Then I'm gonna treat FSD like a student driver that will probably do just fine. But I'm responsible for my safety still and need to be ready to respond to anything that happens. If Tesla comes out and say's FSD is complete and can drive itself with nobody even in the car. Then at that point I could try watching a movie while FSD is at control. But even then for me, I want a drivers seat with over ride controls. :ROFLMAO:

Elon knows they aren't there yet, and he's worried that SOME people will be overconfident and when edge cases happen the vehicle COULD not be capable of avoiding an accident. That would be VERY BAD!!!

BTW I really liked what Elon said in response to the incident Sandy mentioned. I don't care how bad the road is it's OUR cars responsibility to NOT CRASH! FSD has to work like that. That's the problem I have with what all the other Autonomous company's with their geo-fencing. That's not ever gonna work in the real world.