Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
The only "new" news was that the $25K car will be built in Austin before Mexico. WTF was Sandy on about towards the end? Took a semi-serious engineering discussion and turned it in to a love/hate political fest.
That's not even news. Came out awhile ago ,was it from that disaster earnings call?

Something about the design they convinced him to use allows both robotaxi and M2 to be built on same line ,etc. and they prototyped a line in Texas.
Sponsored

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
I didn't get the whole Disney thing at the end?? Sandy should take a cue from Ryan McCaffery and Tim Dodd in interviewing Elon. Minimize yourself and let Elon talk.

TruckDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor
Country flag
Nailed it with comparison to Chris Farley. He was a legend, and gone way too soon.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Why, why didn't Munro ask about how reservations will be handled?
Maybe because Sandy doesn't have a CT reservation? He has mentioned this before. This is why he is offering to buy one.

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
Two things about this video:

1) I really thought Sandy was going to propose to Elon a few times there. 💘 He looooovvveees him some Elon!

2) I didn't like when Sandy got off topic and started talking politics (e.g., education reform, etc.) that have nothing to do with the Cybertruck.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Not only that but he left slip that the Mexico Gigafactory wouldn't be built in time, which brackets his expectation on when they want the 25k Tesla to be produced. The Wiki for the factory says that "In September 2023, multiple Tesla suppliers indicated that production was not expected to start until 2026 or 2027..." That kind of exposes expectation that the new vehicle would be ramping within a 3-4 year window.
A lot of analysts want Elon to announce the M2 and when he does the stock will take off, howver tesla's cap ex has sky rocketed with the development of the CT and I think he wants to spread the costs of the M2 development and new factory out a bit. Also if people believe the M2 is coming out in a year or two it might hurt sales of the M3. A final reason is that I think a lot of the engineers don't want to move to Mexico to set up the line so they will be developing things in texas.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Wow, not one word on 4680s.
I am hoping that Drew Baglino will come out with some good news (or at least some news) regarding 4680 progress, and soon, but I suspect that if they thought they would have good news they'd have held off the production of the Cybertruck for that (especially seeing how the range reduction was received).

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
but they're going to build at GFTX now, first, instead?
He announced they'd build M2 in Berlin as well, when he visted there a few months ago, apparently they're already building space.

But seriously this was the most boring interview with EM ever. Monroe just likes to hear himself. In the afterparty he was just plain tipsy. Needs to stay with ripping stuff apart as a day job. He needed Cory there to keep him on script.

From 10minutes in you could see that EM was already plotting his escape to Mars. You gotta get them EM neurons firing, he won't be back for another interview I'm pretty sure.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
He announced they'd build M2 in Berlin as well, when he visted there a few months ago, apparently they're already building space.

But seriously this was the most boring interview with EM ever. Monroe just likes to hear himself. In the afterparty he was just plain tipsy. Needs to stay with ripping stuff apart as a day job. He needed Cory there to keep him on script.

From 10minutes in you could see that EM was already plotting his escape to Mars. You gotta get them EM neurons firing, he won't be back for another interview I'm pretty sure.
Sandy is 75 and I find that he is not quite as sharpe as he once was. Maybe that's why Corey left.

rep11661

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model 3
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
The "here's a bottle opener (, now please put us on the top of the Beast delivery list in return)" moment was pricelessly awkward on both their parts.

That and the way Musk is able to make "I can't make forward looking statements" sound like a verbal middle finger to the SEC is hilarious.

But I had to shut it off not long after the word Disney.
They got a little Republican Political there, but my pronouns are Cybertruck and save the Planet and world peace ☮

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Sandy is 75 and I find that he is not quite as sharpe as he once was. Maybe that's why Corey left.
I don't think he learnt how to manage fame yet, and always sounds like he's out to prove he's worth it still. Just no need. Just concentrate on what you know and are good at. People come just for that.

We really need a car engineering journalist next time, like they have for Spacex stuff.

rep11661

First Name
Rene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 model 3
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
I know. It’s like you have this opportunity to go into so much engineering where musk really thrives and is brilliant, but he talks about 2 or 3 advancements, keeps kissing his butt then goes into politics. It’s like he gets all starie eyed and loses his purpose.

-How are the stainless panels attached
-What’s the plan to replace panels,
-how would he define the original exoskeleton intent compared to what the final production version has. Maybe what approximate percentage of load transfer are the stainless panels carrying
-What glass ended up on the truck, was it the original glass intended or why not
-Why did we not hit 14,000 lbs towing or 3500 payload
-Why did they put range extender in the bed and not under
-any other accessories planned from Tesla
-what made them change stance on V2H or V2V
-is there a way to steer truck when battery dies?
-what happened to 6th seat or tailgate ramp?
-will we see a cyber quad or trailer from Tesla
Great Questions!!! What’s the box under the tailgate for?
Sponsored