Vehicles
2018 model 3
Occupation
Registered Nurse
Country flag
to summarize it:

-Elon Musk and tesla are REALLY COOL
-Steer by wire is great and takes getting used to
-48V is great and why hasn't anyone done this already...
-The seats are great and the rear seats are spacious
-Tesla is working on the $25k tesla and Elon is reviewing the plant plans weekly. Will be produced at Giga Texas then probably Mexico.
-What took so long- pandemic and parts shortages
-Sandy gave him a gift which appears to be a stainless steel magnetic bottle opener.
-Elon Musk is REALLY COOL, anyone against his free speech policies sucks, the education systems sucks and America is going down the toilet.
You forgot
-Disney sucks taking America with it down hill
Sponsored

newwave1331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: Cybertruck Tri FSD x 3
Country flag
I don't think he learnt how to manage fame yet, and always sounds like he's out to prove he's worth it still. Just no need. Just concentrate on what you know and are good at. People come just for that.

We really need a car engineering journalist next time, like they have for Spacex stuff.
Although I agree with a lot of Elon's and Sandy's viewpoints, I don't think it was an appropriate time to discuss them. Go post some comments on X under your personal account and leave business to do business things. Its like professional athletes giving their political opinion during a post game press conference.

They have the world's most advanced vehicle behind them. Any second discussing other things is a disservice to the engineers and factory workers that made it possible.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
Although I agree with a lot of Elon's and Sandy's viewpoints, I don't think it was an appropriate time to discuss them. Go post some comments on X under your personal account and leave business to do business things. Its like professional athletes giving their political opinion during a post game press conference.

They have the world's most advanced vehicle behind them. Any second discussing other things is a disservice to the engineers and factory workers that made it possible.
Munro has some incredible engineers working for him that seem much more capable at the spotlight than him. I get he has earned his stripes but time to let the next generation relate to the next generation.

Alpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
From 10minutes in you could see that EM was already plotting his escape to Mars. You gotta get them EM neurons firing, he won't be back for another interview I'm pretty sure.
I thought it was worse than that, he looked like he was headed for Uranus

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Munro has some incredible engineers working for him that seem much more capable at the spotlight than him. I get he has earned his stripes but time to let the next generation relate to the next generation.
He tried that with Corey but he left.

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I know. It’s like you have this opportunity to go into so much engineering where musk really thrives and is brilliant, but he talks about 2 or 3 advancements, keeps kissing his butt then goes into politics. It’s like he gets all starie eyed and loses his purpose.

-How are the stainless panels attached
-What’s the plan to replace panels,
-how would he define the original exoskeleton intent compared to what the final production version has. Maybe what approximate percentage of load transfer are the stainless panels carrying
-What glass ended up on the truck, was it the original glass intended or why not
-Why did we not hit 14,000 lbs towing or 3500 payload
-Why did they put range extender in the bed and not under
-any other accessories planned from Tesla
-what made them change stance on V2H or V2V
-is there a way to steer truck when battery dies?
-what happened to 6th seat or tailgate ramp?
-will we see a cyber quad or trailer from Tesla
LEt take a stab at it! :)

-How are the stainless panels attached - glue
-What’s the plan to replace panels - what is the scenario
-how would he define the original exoskeleton intent compared to what the final production version has. Maybe what approximate percentage of load transfer are the stainless panels - Tesla created prototype in 90 days, and then they spend 4 years to figure out what exoskeleton means in terms of engineering, reality, scale and price
-What glass ended up on the truck, was it the original glass intended or why not - like SS body, glass had to be engineered for CT specifically. of course prototype had what was available at that time
-Why did we not hit 14,000 lbs towing or 3500 payload - Tesla had to optimize for size of the truck and stil beat competition on towing rating and load capacity
-Why did they put range extender in the bed and not under - 340miles is sufficient range for EV. Tesla still wanted to meet some demand from long trip enthusiasts and provide them flexibilty and choice options. (there is no space under to fit extended battery and make easy swap)
-any other accessories planned from Tesla - yes
-what made them change stance on V2H or V2V - Tesl constantly making improvements to charging infrastructure
-is there a way to steer truck when battery dies? - why, battery dead, what do you want to do with it?
-what happened to 6th seat or tailgate ramp? - US regulations
-will we see a cyber quad or trailer from Tesla - maybe. are you ready to pay Tesla price for trailer? :)

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It's hilarious (in a good way!) to see Sandy M drool all over Elon and Tesla. Sandy is a well respected engineer himself, but when it comes to Elon, he have a lot of respect for the guy. Great interview! Thanks!
I am actually dissapointed by this interview. no new info, no interesting details, rehashing already well known stuff too deep. missed opportunity..

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Again, it sounds possible that Munro has now been contracted by Tesla for some work on the cybertruck

That means we shouldn’t expect Munro to want to (or be able to) comment candidly on the truck

such conflicts are totally normal course and fine, except in this case - if true - Munro hasn’t disclosed it while simultaneously doing content on the truck

if you can’t discuss it candidly, don’t do content without disclosing

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
I know. It’s like you have this opportunity to go into so much engineering where musk really thrives and is brilliant, but he talks about 2 or 3 advancements, keeps kissing his butt then goes into politics. It’s like he gets all starie eyed and loses his purpose.

-How are the stainless panels attached
-What’s the plan to replace panels,
-how would he define the original exoskeleton intent compared to what the final production version has. Maybe what approximate percentage of load transfer are the stainless panels carrying
-What glass ended up on the truck, was it the original glass intended or why not
-Why did we not hit 14,000 lbs towing or 3500 payload
-Why did they put range extender in the bed and not under
-any other accessories planned from Tesla
-what made them change stance on V2H or V2V
-is there a way to steer truck when battery dies?
-what happened to 6th seat or tailgate ramp?
-will we see a cyber quad or trailer from Tesla
I think Sandy was too busy listening to his own voice to actually ask a question and wait for an answer. The best interviewers guide guests into interesting conversations. Sandy just talks and talks and talks. I mean, it's better than nothing but just barely. Makes me miss Corey.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, '24? Cyberbeast
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
The only "new" news was that the $25K car will be built in Austin before Mexico. WTF was Sandy on about towards the end? Took a semi-serious engineering discussion and turned it in to a love/hate political fest.
We already knew that though.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
It helps I had low expectations as the first one was also quite bad, he did manage to outdo himself here though ...

Indeed, more often than not the Munro videos without Sandy are better.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
google Elon says FU to Bob Iger
And remember that it's not blackmail for someone to not pay to put their posters next to ones they don't like.

*sigh*

It just goes to show when Elon (and Sandy) get outside their interests, they don't spend much time learning the basics.

Thanks, Administrator, for editing out my last comment. I shouldn't have made it. These guys doing the up is down thing puts my family at risk, and it puts me off.

-Crissa

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I think Sandy was too busy listening to his own voice to actually ask a question and wait for an answer. The best interviewers guide guests into interesting conversations. Sandy just talks and talks and talks. I mean, it's better than nothing but just barely. Makes me miss Corey.
that too, he was talking too much, not asking good q-s and talking too much..
did I say he was talking too much? :)

cbrtrckrsrvd112219

First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Maybe because Sandy doesn't have a CT reservation? He has mentioned this before. This is why he is offering to buy one.
Sandy has day one reservation but not first minute reservation. he talked about in other videos multiple times. He's eager to get one to tear it apart to analize and do multiple videos as he's done with other Tesla cars.
I dont know why Elon wouldnt just give him RC from crash test, Sandy would generate good stream of good PR for CT

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
With the exo- and castings sitting right there, they should have been talking about the details. Going off the rails about Twitter and Disney was cringe worthy. Elon actually looked uncomfortable.
Sponsored