Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Ford proving they still think very 20th Century.

———————————————————————————————-
Ford F-150 Raptor Hybrid Or Electric Ruled Out

By: Angel Sergeev
Feb. 8, 2021

Thankfully, a V8-powered model is coming next year.
The new F-150 Raptor is arguably one of the most significant new car launches for Fordthis year. The company bets big on the performance truck, which comes with several important modifications that make it an even more potent offering than its predecessor. Heck, Ford even had to modify its production line and make it fit the Raptor’s chunky 37-inch tires.

We know for a fact a V8-powered model is coming very soon in the form of the so-called Raptor R. For now, you can get the 2021 F-150 Raptor only with a V6 gasoline engine and it seems that Ford has no plans to diversify the powertrain range with an electrified unit. That’s what a high-ranked executive confirmed to MuscleCarsAndTrucks.

The publication asked the new Raptor’s program manager, Tony Greco, whether the off-road-focused truck has been developed with electrified powertrains in mind. Ford has the F-150 PowerBoost Hybrid currently on sale and is putting the finishing touches on the fully-electric F-150 Electric.

“No. We designed and engineered Raptor to be Raptor,” Greco told the site.
Gallery: 2021 Ford F-150 Raptor
Tesla Cybertruck Ford F-150 Raptor Hybrid Or Electric Ruled Out 2021-ford-f-150-raptor-in-red-and-black

MuscleCarsAndTrucks speculates that Ford could introduce some Raptor hardware to the conventional F-150 models, including the hybrid and zero-emission versions. This sounds like a bit of a stretch to us but we don’t say it’s impossible.

We are surely more excited by the upcoming Raptor R which will combine all of the Raptor's hardware upgrades with a more powerful V8 engine. There have been rumors about a 5.2-liter version of the new Raptor but nothing can be confirmed at the moment. It won’t be long until we find out what’s the engine under the hood though - Ford has promised the Raptor R will debut for the 2022 model year.
Source: MuscleCarsAndTrucks
https://www.motor1.com/news/486525/ford-raptor-no-hybrid-electric/

https://motorsport.tv/embed/6DUQkVVW

Tesla Cybertruck Ford F-150 Raptor Hybrid Or Electric Ruled Out 1613137524236
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
'Thankfully'?

What kind of nonsense is that? "I want a big, slow, expensive engine because I don't want a fast electric?"

-Crissa

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
'Thankfully'?

What kind of nonsense is that? I want a big, slow, expensive engine because I don't want a fast electric?

-Crissa
It's all about that Awesome sound of a V-8 to Motorheads! :):p?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
It's all about that Awesome sound of a V-8 to Motorheads! :):p?
With CT sound system you can potentially have a V8 sound of your choice when you stump on the ”gas” pedal.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
With CT sound system you can potentially have a V8 sound of your choice when you stump on the ”gas” pedal.
My wife and 17 year old son would like that, me personally I prefer stealth.
Sponsored