What is happening with Tesla stock and when will it stop? Getting a lil nervous.

Abl3rider

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Not sure if I’m even allowed to ask this but any short-term predictions here. Not sure if but-coin had anything to do with it but it’s nearly in free-fall, right?

Mia Tesla a safe long-term investment?

thanks.
Sponsored

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Or you could do the analysis. At current stock price Tesla is worth 723.5B with a price to earnings 1256.47x
This is an expensive stock! But... there is a lot of new tech in Tesla pipeline and stock prices don't really reflect reality. They are emotional. It's down right now because JD power fudsters... but fud fades quickly.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
This drop-off might be the JD Power news. However most of the JDP complaints have already been addressed and rectified. It could be as simple as the stock taking a rest ... the market calls this consolidation. Think of it as a good time to buy in at a cheaper price, but not quite yet. Let the sellers continue to bail, and when there are no sellers left ... buy in then. As a prolific trader I'll try to remember when this happens and put it on this page.
Remember TSLA is not just a car company, they have a home solar power system just scratching the surface of a ragingly monstrous potential market and as the truck comes closer to delivery there will be stock gains again. This is still the infancy of Tesla, you have not missed out, and keep in mind Tesla is big on under promise and over deliver.

Tesla Cybertruck What is happening with Tesla stock and when will it stop? Getting a lil nervous. tsla 2021-02-22-TOS_CHARTS

OP
OP

Abl3rider

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
This drop-off might be the JD Power news. However most of the JDP complaints have already been addressed and rectified. It could be as simple as the stock taking a rest ... the market calls this consolidation. Think of it as a good time to buy in at a cheaper price, but not quite yet. Let the sellers continue to bail, and when there are no sellers left ... buy in then. As a prolific trader I'll try to remember when this happens and put it on this page.
Remember TSLA is not just a car company, they have a home solar power system just scratching the surface of a ragingly monstrous potential market and as the truck comes closer to delivery there will be stock gains again. This is still the infancy of Tesla, you have not missed out, and keep in mind Tesla is big on under promise and over deliver.

tsla 2021-02-22-TOS_CHARTS.png
That would be great. Meantime Ill try to find some cash for E*TRADE.

tsla 2021-02-22-TOS_CHARTS.png
Golly that’ll give me time to save up ... 750!! Rad. Then we all buy one at the same time! Everyone on here!! It’ll be like game stop. Who’s in?

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
we are all spartacus...(couldn't resist)
But I do agree. Tesla had a crazy year with an incredible amount of attention good and bad. The rise in SP seemed irrational and probably is if view from the perspective of fundamentals.
Tesla needs to iron out the petty quality issues and publish objective improvements to counter FUD. With major manufacturers jumping on Tesla's bandwagon they will pull out all the marketing stops to tarnish Tesla so they can sell their overpriced offerings.
However, Tesla is run by an engineering culture, not by a MBA culture, and invests in the design and factories to maintain the lead in EVs and related infrastructure.
Go long, go Tesla.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
we are all spartacus...(couldn't resist)
But I do agree. Tesla had a crazy year with an incredible amount of attention good and bad. The rise in SP seemed irrational and probably is if view from the perspective of fundamentals.
Tesla needs to iron out the petty quality issues and publish objective improvements to counter FUD. With major manufacturers jumping on Tesla's bandwagon they will pull out all the marketing stops to tarnish Tesla so they can sell their overpriced offerings.
However, Tesla is run by an engineering culture, not by a MBA culture, and invests in the design and factories to maintain the lead in EVs and related infrastructure.
Go long, go Tesla.
Agreed. It is good to go long on a company that's in so many immature tech. Big things for Tesla!

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
@Dids hit it off the top, and to pile on -- IMO the stock is overvalued vs. fundamentals and it isn't a comfortable "buy" for me. But that's me, my risk profile, and how I invest and is not advice relevant for anyone else.

Even a "buy and hold" I feel like Tesla has a lot of future value and expectations already built into it.

I'm taking the down market opportunity to buy more solar stocks, and to add some cannabis stock. IMO the two things that have the most upside potential in the next 5-10 years is solar and weed. I love Tesla products, but I do not love the stock at current valuation.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Not sure if I’m even allowed to ask this but any short-term predictions here. Not sure if but-coin had anything to do with it but it’s nearly in free-fall, right?

Mia Tesla a safe long-term investment?

thanks.
Bumps, skyrocket rides and falls back to earth don’t distract long term investment minded holders of equity.

I couldn’t begin to explain all the many ways timing in-out of TSLA will go wrong for the non-investor set. If you don’t have the money to lose, TSLA is not a good place for well earned wealth. It will feel like your first 8sec. ride. Riders pick their bulls.

You might secretly prefer Bears over Bulls.

knownotno

First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
(First Post, hello)
There’s also a market downside reaction to the Federal Reserve chairman’s testimony on the health of the economy. I’d agree the long term opinions on TSLA, but the idea of buying on the downturn only works if you have enough cash reserves to offset the need to continue buying if you’ve miscalculated the bottom.

This comes from someone only having TSLA from converted Solar City stock. I’ve had my long stocks locked mostly in other stocks, so I missed the past two years of opportunity in TSLA besides my initial holdings.
*I don’t recommend stocks*

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
As long as Tesla keeps doing new tech it's gonna act like a tech stock... The nice part of Tesla stock is that it is backed up by real things like factories and patents. Tesla is about to finish another large battery electric plant and solar is going good. If they actually do finish self driving then they are under valued at 650b. Of course there is a lot of if! Blue chip doesn't have much if...

OP
OP

Abl3rider

First Name
Able
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
As long as Tesla keeps doing new tech it's gonna act like a tech stock... The nice part of Tesla stock is that it is backed up by real things like factories and patents. Tesla is about to finish another large battery electric plant and solar is going good. If they actually do finish self driving then they are under valued at 650b. Of course there is a lot of if! Blue chip doesn't have much if...
Dids, that’s reassuring stuff. Yet can’t help being nervous. Could we see this get bogged way back down around 400 a share?!
Sponsored