CompMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri CT
Country flag
———————————————————————————————————-

More proof the Yoke is no joke. It is on the way. Deal with it.

3EB03B3E-1F0A-4470-A42F-E941539B4A08.jpeg
Anyone else notice the screen and Yoke size ratios? Looked like the Yoke is bigger than the screen. Personally I think the S and X need a minimum of 17in screen and the CT minimum of 21in.. dreams...
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Anyone else notice the screen and Yoke size ratios? Looked like the Yoke is bigger than the screen. Personally I think the S and X need a minimum of 17in screen and the CT minimum of 21in.. dreams...
I am a little surprised at the small size of the new S screen.

The need for camera displays in the CT will mean bigger is better.

-Crissa

LoPro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 DM LR
Country flag
First real life looks at yoke steering wheel (in a Model s)

tesla-model-s-yoke-steering-wheel-interior.jpg

IMG_6518-scaled.jpeg

IMG_6534-scaled.jpg

EvQlQIDUcAAzkk9.jpeg

EvQlQIDVkAAh3FS.jpeg
Thanks for keeping an eye out.

Is the instrument cluster bigger than it used to be as well? In the second image it looks very wide compared to the new bigger 17" center screen. Could be perspective.

I have a feeling it will feel very alien even just *holding* this yoke instead of a standard wheel. One advantage is that the driver can’t just loosely rest one hand on top of the wheel but will be more likely to hold either side or the bottom to feel in control.

Last edited:

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I've been trying to notice my hand positions on the round steering wheel daily also. I do not seem to ever utilize the top between 10 and 2.

I also try to watch other drivers at stoplights, almost no one is using that area of the wheel either. Unless someone is doing a DEEE-troit Lean, with one arm draped over the top of the steering wheel.

Since I now have a backup camera, I don't really twist around and use the top of the wheel to maneuver backwards.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I've been trying to notice my hand positions on the round steering wheel daily also. I do not seem to ever utilize the top between 10 and 2.

I also try to watch other drivers at stoplights, almost no one is using that area of the wheel either. Unless someone is doing a DEEE-troit Lean, with one arm draped over the top of the steering wheel.

Since I now have a backup camera, I don't really twist around and use the top of the wheel to maneuver backwards.
wait until you have to do an emergency maneuver and try to grab the wheel that isn't there. Think of the last time you had to turn the wheel fast, for me at least, its hand over hand, for example steering out of a slide or skid.

cant do that with the yoke.

That being said, i am also a pilot and fly my aircraft with a yoke all day long. However, the range of motion there is limited to 180 degrees clockwise and counter clockwise.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
wait until you have to do an emergency maneuver and try to grab the wheel that isn't there. Think of the last time you had to turn the wheel fast, for me at least, its hand over hand, for example steering out of a slide or skid.

cant do that with the yoke.

That being said, i am also a pilot and fly my aircraft with a yoke all day long. However, the range of motion there is limited to 180 degrees clockwise and counter clockwise.
They will have to set it up so around 120 degrees for steering to be the maximum turn for the wheel. Exponentially increasing the response so you never have to take your hands off their positions while stay stable on highway otherwise as you stated, it will present a problem.

nitrohuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri Motor Cybertruck
Country flag
I am hoping this comes to the cybertruck also.
hate to be pessimistic but it's highly unlikely given the Cybertrucks pricing and the fact that it isn't part of the more "luxury line-up" that the X and S fall into. I doubt the Y and 3 will see it either,

That said, hopefully this comment ages poorly and I am entirely wrong. It would be awesome.

audi2tesla

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tesla Model 3; 2014 Dodge Grand Caravan
Country flag
hate to be pessimistic but it's highly unlikely given the Cybertrucks pricing and the fact that it isn't part of the more "luxury line-up" that the X and S fall into. I doubt the Y and 3 will see it either,

That said, hopefully this comment ages poorly and I am entirely wrong. It would be awesome.
Yeah, I agree. The main reason my kids want the CT is that they saw the rear screen in the model s and x and hope it makes it into the CT....would be great for long drives to points of interest with loads of camping / biking gear.
Sponsored