Cybertruck wishlist - options or ideas you'd like to see available?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Nexteer (Delphi Steering original maker of GM Quadsteer) now has Active rear wheel steering
in video, skip to 09:40
Nexteer's New High-Output Electric Steering + Quadrasteer Still Alive!
Pickup Truck Plus SUV Talk
2020 July

Quadrasteer Reborn? Here's How Engineers Make Your Truck Steer Like A Car!
Nexteer
TFLtalk
Aug 12, 2020
Instead of cross posting the same exact content in multiple threads each time, could you post once and if necessary just include a link to your original post in any subsequent threads please.

Multiple threads all saying the same thing just makes me feel like I’m going senile. Or prophetic. Or something just insane.

We get it. You have a rear steering point of view that you want others to see. Start a new thread on the topic so it can be discussed outright. That way ewe all see it just once and don’t get all confused about where we read about it. Plus then you get extra credit as a thread originator.
Sponsored

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Je voudrait des radars avant et arrière
I'm sure you can all translate this, but just in case, Pierre would like front and rear RADAR.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I'm sure you can all translate this, but just in case, Pierre would like front and rear RADAR.
Afaik, the CT will have it, but apparently FSD won't use it, if ol Musky is to be believed.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 E350 XLT , 2 motor CyberTruck
Occupation
BubbleTower.com at festivals, county and state fairs.
Country flag
The following wishlist was first compiled by @TyPope. This post is now a "wiki post" and can be edited by all members, so add your wishlist items to the list!

It's a "comprehensive wish list" of things people would like to see in the Cybertruck that hasn't already been confirmed. These are things that are NOT already confirmed by Tesla.

Cybertruck Wishlist [add yours below]:
  1. Trailer brake controls
  2. 2" receiver on front and back built into the body. With access to the pin through a door in the rear of the bed and front trunk to put the locking pin in. This would make the attachments ie. trailer hitch, wench nearly theft proof.
  3. Solar wing. Gun safe. Accessible from outside.
  4. Cyber Trailer with battery to extend Cybertruck towing range.
  5. Solar Roof in addition to Solar Vault cover. The Solar Vault would add about 15 miles per day (per Elon). If adding a solar roof would add another 10 miles, it could take care of my 20 mile round-trip commute for most of the year!
  6. Solid roof for mounting Solar Roof.
  7. Heated AND cooled seats (all 6)
  8. Kneel-down for getting in/out of the Cybertruck
  9. Insulated frunk cooler (we know it has a frunk... let's make a cooler out of it!)
  10. Inclinometer
  11. Trail camera
  12. Tire inflation system
  13. Ability to pick one tire off the ground to make changing it easier. (independently controllable air shocks would do it.
  14. Free Supercharging (Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?)
  15. "Knight Rider" light across the front during charging.
  16. Autonomous trailer connection... Similar to Summon. You get it close to the tongue of the trailer, step out, and hit "Connect to Trailer" or something. It kneels down to get the ball under the trailer hitch, backs up appropriately, and then lifts up so that you can confirm a good connection, swing the tongue jack away, chain the trailer, and connect it electrically (including the Tesla trailer Camera which connects to the CT and lets you see behind the trailer like GM is showing in its commercials now.
  17. Electro-chromatic glass for privacy and to help keep it cool when not occupied!
  18. Seating options to have 2 captains seats in the front instead of a middle seat replaced by a middle console.
  19. Access to pedestrian speaker. Enable music to be played outside.
  20. A HUD. Yes!
  21. A better dash
  22. rear wall can fold flat into the cabin, level with the bed.
  23. Since the truck comes with a compressor. Make the rear seats airbags so they can be deflated for more room.
  24. rear seat bottoms can flop forward to create a large flat surface perfect for a mattress
  25. Four-Wheel Steering or at least a great turning radius
  26. Drain plug in the rear storage compartment in the vault to use as an ice chest if needed.
  27. Air Horn, since onboard compressor.
  28. V2G (vehicle to grid please)
  29. Controls for the vault cover inside the bed so when using it for sleeping you can open up easily
  30. Four hundred plus miles for Dual motor AWD, HUD, and better dash.
  31. [Add yours to the list by clicking "Edit" button below]
  32. rear bed ready from factory for a Flush fit cyber hitch.com & may be offered as a factory option.
  33. Matrix LED/laser auto highlights
  34. No cabin carpet or easily removed carpet with drain plugs so cabin can be washed out when (not if) it gets dirty.
  35. Small screens in the back of the left / Right seats. So passengers could watch movies, play games, surf the web, use misc apps. without bothering the driver (Maybe they should be forced to use Headphones to not disturb the driver) as well as their own climate controls and heated seat settings.
  36. A Starlink (SpaceX internet service) antenna. Roving high speed internet everywhere!
  37. Quad-motor for additional towing capacity, quicker 0-60, and allow all wheels to operate independently to perform tank turns.
  38. Rocket thruster (similar to roadster but more important in a truck) to become un-stuck in mud or snow plus quicker 0-60.
  39. 120 plug in the front and rear storage boxes to plug a cooler in.
  40. Heavy-duty hook at the front of the box to attach a come-along or winch to for bringing things up the ramp.
  41. Sleeper chairs for front seats. Maybe also back seats.
  42. Animated overhead view of truck or truck and trailer while backing up
  43. 5.5 Footbed options
  44. Cab lights
  45. High amp 12V terminal in cab with audio connections for expandable audio system
multiple 120vac outlets for O2 concentrator, ice maker, coffee maker, computer, electric wheel chair/exoskeleton charger, home furnace during blackouts, etc.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 E350 XLT , 2 motor CyberTruck
Occupation
BubbleTower.com at festivals, county and state fairs.
Country flag
The following wishlist was first compiled by @TyPope. This post is now a "wiki post" and can be edited by all members, so add your wishlist items to the list!

It's a "comprehensive wish list" of things people would like to see in the Cybertruck that hasn't already been confirmed. These are things that are NOT already confirmed by Tesla.

2. 2" receiver on front and back built into the body. With access to the pin through a door in the rear of the bed and front trunk to put the locking pin in. This would make the attachments ie. trailer hitch, wench nearly theft proof.
  5. Solar Roof in addition to Solar Vault cover. The Solar Vault would add about 15 miles per day (per Elon). If adding a solar roof would add another 10 miles, it could take care of my 20 mile round-trip commute for most of the year!
  9. Insulated frunk cooler (we know it has a frunk... let's make a cooler out of it!)
  10. Inclinometer
  11. Trail camera
  13. Ability to pick one tire off the ground to make changing it easier. (independently controllable air shocks would do it.
  16. Autonomous trailer connection... Similar to Summon. You get it close to the tongue of the trailer, step out, and hit "Connect to Trailer" or something. It kneels down to get the ball under the trailer hitch, backs up appropriately, and then lifts up so that you can confirm a good connection, swing the tongue jack away, chain the trailer, and connect it electrically (including the Tesla trailer Camera which connects to the CT and lets you see behind the trailer like GM is showing in its commercials now.
  17. Electro-chromatic glass for privacy and to help keep it cool when not occupied!
  18. Seating options to have 2 captains seats in the front instead of a middle seat replaced by a middle console.
  20. A HUD. Yes!
  21. A better dash
  23. Since the truck comes with a compressor. Make the rear seats airbags so they can be deflated for more room.
  24. rear seat bottoms can flop forward to create a large flat surface perfect for a mattress
  26. Drain plug in the rear storage compartment in the vault to use as an ice chest if needed.
  29. Controls for the vault cover inside the bed so when using it for sleeping you can open up easily
  32. rear bed ready from factory for a Flush fit cyber hitch.com & may be offered as a factory option.
  34. No cabin carpet or easily removed carpet with drain plugs so cabin can be washed out when (not if) it gets dirty.
  35. Small screens in the back of the left / Right seats. So passengers could watch movies, play games, surf the web, use misc apps. without bothering the driver (Maybe they should be forced to use Headphones to not disturb the driver) as well as their own climate controls and heated seat settings.
  36. A Starlink (SpaceX internet service) antenna. Roving high speed internet everywhere!
  37. Quad-motor for additional towing capacity, quicker 0-60, and allow all wheels to operate independently to perform tank turns.
  38. Rocket thruster (similar to roadster but more important in a truck) to become un-stuck in mud or snow plus quicker 0-60.
  40. Heavy-duty hook at the front of the box to attach a come-along or winch to for bringing things up the ramp.
  43. 5.5 Footbed options
  44. Cab lights
  45. High amp 12V terminal in cab with audio connections for expandable audio system
Tesla coil or Jacob's Ladder lightning effects!

Apex

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 tesla
Occupation
Business owner
Country flag

10. Inclinometer
  11. Trail camera
  20. A HUD. Yes!
  21. A better dash
  43. 5.5 Footbed options
  44. Cab lights
The number one wish list I would have is to make the interior so ruggedized that the entire thing can be cleaned with a pressurized garden hose. I want to be able to open the doors take and spray down the entire interior seats, control screen, dash board. My cell phone and tablet have cases that allow me to take them under water. Make the cyber truck drip dry and water proof for the whole interior. Dogs, mud, creek crossing, working in very dirty environments .... it would be a game changer that would win over most working truck owners I know.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model X, 2011 Tesla Roadster, 1969 280SL
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I intend on using my CTs in the autonomous Robo-Taxi network. The interior should include no or disappearing steering wheel/controls. Club seating with a killer entertainment system to watch movies and play video games. Riders would have an app on their phone that would interface with all CT functions.

Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Big stainless door handles
Quick removable tailgate
Independent suspension control to change a tire without a jack
Power rear window
Front and rear tow hooks
Power port for a winch
RWD mode for Dual and Tri motor
Under-seat storage large enough for rifles and shotguns

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Big stainless door handles
Quick removable tailgate
Independent suspension control to change a tire without a jack
Power rear window
Front and rear tow hooks
Power port for a winch
RWD mode for Dual and Tri motor
Under-seat storage large enough for rifles and shotguns
Given Elon’s 5 word tweet today it sounds like you might be trolling Tesla with the request for “Big stainless door handles”.

The quick removal tailgate though makes me think. The body is thick stainless steel. The tailgate might be two layers of that stainless steel. And from the prototype, there may be at least another two layers for the pull out ramp. That’s a lot of steel. It may be quick release but you may need a forklift or a bunch of buddies to get the tailgate back on.

Mr.Dee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lots
Country flag
Given Elon’s 5 word tweet today it sounds like you might be trolling Tesla with the request for “Big stainless door handles”.

The quick removal tailgate though makes me think. The body is thick stainless steel. The tailgate might be two layers of that stainless steel. And from the prototype, there may be at least another two layers for the pull out ramp. That’s a lot of steel. It may be quick release but you may need a forklift or a bunch of buddies to get the tailgate back on.
Haha yes, door handles are just my preference for the cold climate that I am in. I've spent many hours of my life chipping away at my trucks with screwdrivers and claw hammers to get inside. But I do welcome the no handles as well, it sounds pretty awesome.

As far as the tailgate goes, I'm doubtful that the ramp we saw will become a reality. If it does, you're right, I won't be able to lift it. With my current truck, it takes me less than 10 seconds to remove my tailgate from the truck and set it off to the side. It's still a bit heavy but it's very handy for loading with a forklift or when shoveling rock and dirt out of the bed. The ramp would be cool, but I wont be mad if it doesn't come true.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Haha yes, door handles are just my preference for the cold climate that I am in. I've spent many hours of my life chipping away at my trucks with screwdrivers and claw hammers to get inside. But I do welcome the no handles as well, it sounds pretty awesome.

As far as the tailgate goes, I'm doubtful that the ramp we saw will become a reality. If it does, you're right, I won't be able to lift it. With my current truck, it takes me less than 10 seconds to remove my tailgate from the truck and set it off to the side. It's still a bit heavy but it's very handy for loading with a forklift or when shoveling rock and dirt out of the bed. The ramp would be cool, but I wont be mad if it doesn't come true.
Just remember you can preheat the truck with phone app so frozen doors shouldn't be a thing.
I really hope the ramp is a thing because it would be awesome for me. I'm with you on the shoveling without a tailgate so much easier. Plus no need to clean out the crack.

Revoltlution

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius (CyberSlug)
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I intend on using my CTs in the autonomous Robo-Taxi network.
This is a must... Only way I'm gonna afford 3 of 'em o_O
1st one (50k on pre-order list) will be my personal test vehicle (prove the robotaxi system makes money) then *fingerscrossed buy a couple more!